Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

-- deleted poll --

-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)
-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System  (Read 390835 times)

sonik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 10:52:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System
« Reply #880 on: October 19, 2021, 01:05:15 pm »
I've bought the IR camera from dfrobot but it's taking forever to arrive.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2022, 04:10:00 pm
« Reply #881 on: November 01, 2021, 04:02:50 am »
Built my first gun last night. Went for simplest approach which was standard guncon45 without recoil. Of course I’m tempted by recoil but i thought I’d use this as a base to start.

I have to say, anyone worried about amount of work. It was a breeze. The components fit into the gk45 with no mods and only a bit of soldering. It actually took more time to build the screen LEDs, the gun mod itself took less that 30mins.

My shopping list below for anyone wanting a quick build:

- ir positioning camera from UK.farnell.com (SEN0158) - £22.79
- second hand guncon34 from eBay (£17)

Both came within 2 days

Rest was from Amazon next day:

- 12 x 940nm ir emitters (£5.99)
- double sided PCB assorted (£6.99 loads spare)
- 100 x 27ohm resisters (£3.99)
- 3 pack 3m micro usb cables (£6.79)
- 3 pack pro micro atmega32U4 arduino 5v 16mhz (£20.99)

Soldier and wiring I already had. Quick recycling tip. If you splice the original guncon harness. Loads of great coloured wiring there. Waste not!

Thank you so much jaybee for doing all the hard work for us lazy people. Whole process worked flawlessly first attempt.

Hi mate would you mind adding links to the IR camera and IR emitters?   I can't seem to see the IR camera for £23 and am unsure which LEDs to buy.

I'm looking at ordering all the parts and I'm also from the UK so it would be a big help.

Thanks

I assume you've probably built this by now but I'm from the UK and was thinking about converting a Real arcade gun so Have started looking into this. The IR camera he bought would have been this I think https://uk.farnell.com/dfrobot/sen0158/ir-positioning-camera-arduino/dp/3517916?ost=sen0158

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #882 on: November 01, 2021, 04:13:21 am »
Built my first gun last night. Went for simplest approach which was standard guncon45 without recoil. Of course I’m tempted by recoil but i thought I’d use this as a base to start.

I have to say, anyone worried about amount of work. It was a breeze. The components fit into the gk45 with no mods and only a bit of soldering. It actually took more time to build the screen LEDs, the gun mod itself took less that 30mins.

My shopping list below for anyone wanting a quick build:

- ir positioning camera from UK.farnell.com (SEN0158) - £22.79
- second hand guncon34 from eBay (£17)

Both came within 2 days

Rest was from Amazon next day:

- 12 x 940nm ir emitters (£5.99)
- double sided PCB assorted (£6.99 loads spare)
- 100 x 27ohm resisters (£3.99)
- 3 pack 3m micro usb cables (£6.79)
- 3 pack pro micro atmega32U4 arduino 5v 16mhz (£20.99)

Soldier and wiring I already had. Quick recycling tip. If you splice the original guncon harness. Loads of great coloured wiring there. Waste not!

Thank you so much jaybee for doing all the hard work for us lazy people. Whole process worked flawlessly first attempt.

Cheers for this. I think I might attempt this with an RAC. Just need to add the recoil parts and I'm sorted. looks like the camera and the atmega32U4 are cheaper now as well.

Pod

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:35:42 pm
« Reply #883 on: November 01, 2021, 04:40:15 am »
Hi guys,
I started my gun4ir building. Can I use mosfet IRLZ34N instead IRL540 for recoil circuit ?
Thanks!

woordmand

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2022, 01:34:09 pm
« Reply #884 on: November 01, 2021, 07:59:07 am »
How did you solve the 32u4 software installation problem

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:09:30 am
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #885 on: November 01, 2021, 08:12:56 am »
Hi guys,
I started my gun4ir building. Can I use mosfet IRLZ34N instead IRL540 for recoil circuit ?
Thanks!
Yeah it should work as well.

How did you solve the 32u4 software installation problem
What software, and what problem?

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #886 on: November 01, 2021, 10:13:47 pm »
How to install the second 32u4 firmware? Two guns cannot be used at the same time in the game. In addition, how to effectively reduce the moving speed of arrow indicators, I can't adjust it in windows.

Marsupial

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 06:47:18 am
  • I am teh Mars!
« Reply #887 on: November 01, 2021, 10:20:44 pm »
Your game must accept multiple mouse.

This has nothing to do with firmware.
-Mars

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2021, 11:01:02 pm »
How to install the second 32u4 firmware? Two guns cannot be used at the same time in the game. In addition, how to effectively reduce the moving speed of arrow indicators, I can't adjust it in windows.
You can use the GUI to install player 2 firmware, but it only changed the IDs, it doesn't change the 2 player support in emulator/games.
As Marsupial said you need an emulator that support and is set for 2 absolute raw mice, we can't do anything about that on the firmware side.

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #889 on: November 02, 2021, 12:46:56 am »
I'm using gun4ir to test FPS games. It can replace the mouse, which is a novel way of game experience. I found that the cursor sensitivity is too high in most games. I have adjusted the mouse sensitivity in the game to 0. I want to adjust it, but the mouse adjustment of win system does not support gun4ir. How to effectively reduce gun4ir the cursor movement speed. Also, JB, you can try gun4ir to replace the mouse. It's really good to experience FPS.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #890 on: November 02, 2021, 01:00:36 am »
I'm using gun4ir to test FPS games. It can replace the mouse, which is a novel way of game experience. I found that the cursor sensitivity is too high in most games. I have adjusted the mouse sensitivity in the game to 0. I want to adjust it, but the mouse adjustment of win system does not support gun4ir. How to effectively reduce gun4ir the cursor movement speed. Also, JB, you can try gun4ir to replace the mouse. It's really good to experience FPS.
The GUN4IR system isn't made to work with FPS games, and will never work properly with them.
No true lightgun system will work for that.
There is no mouse speed setting as the motion in the gun4ir is absolute type motion, for the lightgun games.

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #891 on: November 02, 2021, 01:27:58 am »
I have successfully used gun4ir in medal of honor 1. I can also control it carefully in sniper elite 1. It turns out that your gun4ir is stronger than you think. As long as he can completely replace the mouse, it is a great design.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #892 on: November 02, 2021, 01:45:50 am »
I have successfully used gun4ir in medal of honor 1. I can also control it carefully in sniper elite 1. It turns out that your gun4ir is stronger than you think. As long as he can completely replace the mouse, it is a great design.
That's great if you manage to make some games work for it, that have enough mice options to handle it.
But that doesn't change the fact the Gun4IR is not made for working on FPS at all, and I can't do anything to fix games that don't have enough customization to work with it :lol

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #893 on: November 02, 2021, 03:01:33 am »
Hey all.

For those of you who have tried solenoids and rumble motors. How does the rumble motor feel compared to a solenoid for auto fire games? Would you recommend it having tried both? Are they strong enough to put in a bigger build like a machine gun/rifle shell?

I already have a jolt gun for single shot games but Im considering building a machine gun for auto games. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a suitable shell in the UK that is affordable?

Cheers

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #894 on: November 02, 2021, 07:59:52 am »
Maybe I didn't make it clear. The gun4ir you developed may change the way FPS games experience. And you will become a celebrity in the history of game controller development. And gun4ir it's only a small step away from success. He only needs to be compatible with the win mouse driver and can be controlled by the system.

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #895 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:33 am »
Hey all.

For those of you who have tried solenoids and rumble motors. How does the rumble motor feel compared to a solenoid for auto fire games? Would you recommend it having tried both? Are they strong enough to put in a bigger build like a machine gun/rifle shell?

I already have a jolt gun for single shot games but Im considering building a machine gun for auto games. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a suitable shell in the UK that is affordable?

Cheers
These things are easy to buy in the Chinese market and the price is not expensive. It's just that cross-border second-hand goods can easily lead to misunderstandings. I also found the miniature gun4ir light sensor.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:12:09 am by woordmand »

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #896 on: November 02, 2021, 08:38:04 am »
Hey all.

Cheers
It's very hard to say which one is better or not since it's a very subjective thing  :lol
But personally I like to have both in my guns, for games with single shots I highly prefer solenoid/recoil, as you can really feel the shock of each blow. But for games that use fullauto a lot, I prefer rumble, as solenoid/feedback in that case can be quite tiresome for both the hand and the ears. I also use rumble for late night play as it's quite silent.
Feeling of rumble itself is quite different as it's a shake more then a shock (not sure if it's clear  :P).

Maybe I didn't make it clear. The gun4ir you developed may change the way FPS games experience. And you will become a celebrity in the history of game controller development. And gun4ir it's only a small step away from success. He only needs to be compatible with the win mouse driver and can be controlled by the system.
Let me reexplain;
Full support for FPS is impossible without losing support for lightgun game, as mouse input and absulote positioning input are NOT the same.
The fact some FPS work DOESN'T mean it can work with all.
And even if it was possible, that isn't the goal of this system, and make the whole 4 led system totally worthless, as it's aimed as aim on sight accuracy lightgun (which isn't possible in FPS as isn't not how FPS work). For only FPS you're better off using a wiimote.
Many other devices went the FPS route in the past, and failed. As it's nothing more than a gimmick.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #897 on: November 02, 2021, 09:00:14 am »
Cool cheers for the response. I think I'll go for the rumble for now. I can always add a solenoid later. As said, ideally it'd be a uzi build for op wolf/thunderbolt and t2 etc. Just need to find a suitable shell. I see some people built one from a hollowed airsoft gun. There's a £20 spring one that's out of stock everywhere but I've no idea of it has space inside it once the spring mech is removed etc.

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #898 on: November 02, 2021, 09:16:44 am »
The electromagnet must be specially designed for the game gun, otherwise it will easily break during continuous operation. Pneumatic structure I have seen, need additional air pump and other components. Miniature cylinders are not easy to buy and are expensive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:19:27 am by woordmand »

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #899 on: November 03, 2021, 04:54:27 am »
Do you think this could work? It's very cheaply made but it means it's super cheap in terms of cost. It'd need a new trigger I guess.
Does it look like it'd have the space for the components and width needed for the camera etc?

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #900 on: November 03, 2021, 08:02:35 am »
Do you think this could work? It's very cheaply made but it means it's super cheap in terms of cost. It'd need a new trigger I guess.
Does it look like it'd have the space for the components and width needed for the camera etc?

His space is big enough, but there are too many places to transform. An opening is also required to install the microswitch.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #901 on: November 03, 2021, 08:40:51 am »
Do you mean that I'd need to make holes for extra buttons etc?

That'd be true of any custom build.

Also, Im not sure what you mean by "places to transform"

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #902 on: November 03, 2021, 10:22:23 pm »
The original internal structure shall be basically removed to make room for the installation of new parts. Glue may also be required to secure the microswitch. This is a necessary step for refitting a toy gun. If you also need to install an electromagnet, you need to consider its volume. At present, I use the original special model of the game gun. Its volume and weight need to be considered. In addition, the price is a little high.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:29:31 pm by woordmand »

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #903 on: November 04, 2021, 06:11:44 am »
Yeah I get that. I've already converted a jolt gun to an aimtrak.

I'm actually changing my mind tho. As much as I'd like an uzi to mimic Op wolf. I might just get a top shot and copy what arcade pirate did. The idea of having a cock slide is pretty cool and can be used in different ways for a number of different games. Plus its only £18

Pod

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #904 on: November 04, 2021, 08:10:56 am »
ok, ordered my first batch of stuff. Couldnt get the transistor from this site as they were out of stock. Everything else will probably come from amazon.

All from Farnell.co.uk

IR Positioning Camera, For Arduino Development Boards
3517916   SEN0158   £18.99   1   £18.99

Power MOSFET, N Channel, 100 V, 36 A, 0.044 ohm, TO-220AB, Through Hole
8651078   IRL540NPBF   £1.66   1   £1.66

Standard Recovery Diode, 50 V, 1 A, Single, 1.1 V, 30 A
2889052   1N4001-E3/54   £0.284   5   £1.42

Through Hole Resistor, 1 kohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 500 V
1083251   YR1B1K0CC   £0.639   1   £0.64

Through Hole Resistor, 100 kohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 250 V
1083469   YR1B100KCC   £0.639   1   £0.64

Through Hole Resistor, 270 ohm, ROX Series, 1 W, ± 5%, Axial Leaded, 350 V
1738579   ROX1SJ270R   £0.144   1   £0.14

Ceramic Disc Capacitor, 0.1 µF, 50 V, +80%, -20%, Y5V, 5 mm, Radial Leaded (frustratingly you had to buy a min of 10)
9411887   MCFYU6104Z6   £0.186   10   £1.86

Infrared Emitter, High Power, 25 °, T-1 (3mm), 100 mA, 1.35 V, 940 nm, 800 ns (bought 15 to give me 3 spares)
Date/Lot Code
1045420   TSAL4400   £0.388   15   £5.82

Through Hole Resistor, 10 ohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 250 V   (For the 3 led clusters (1.35v at 100ma))
1083036   YR1B10RCC   £0.639   1   £0.64

I have some electronics knowledge but if anyone spots something wrong then please let me know.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #905 on: November 04, 2021, 12:42:33 pm »
Second set ordered

Ebay -
360 motor pair £6
10 x pn2222 transistors £2

Amazon
3 usb micro cables £7 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WNX1B8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3 x atmega32U4 pro micro £21 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LL9821L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Top gun elite £20 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q3RDQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PCB's £5 (turns out these come with all the resisters I needed, sigh!) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081JRTWYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Things I already had
Real arcade gun with a replaced stronger solenoid (Solenoid Tubular, NSF, 18mm Pull, SDT2652 L231) - 28N pull fully energised with a 36v supply - 60% duty cycle (i.e fine for full auto as long as off more than its on). Or you can run it at 24v for 22N fully energised
 and 100% duty cycle (means you can leave it on forever)

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:35:42 pm
« Reply #906 on: November 04, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »
Top gun elite £20 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q3RDQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm modding the same gun (Xbox 360 version)  :)

I just finished led RGB cruit, recoil and rumble circuit. Now I'm making led IR circuit  :applaud:

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #907 on: November 04, 2021, 02:11:36 pm »
Ah cool. I'm not going to bother with the RGB circuit or a recoil one. (the recoil parts I got are to convert my jolt gun from aimtrak to gun4ir).

That said, maybe I misunderstood what the rgb one is for. it just flashes when you fire right?

Marsupial

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 06:47:18 am
  • I am teh Mars!
« Reply #908 on: November 04, 2021, 04:35:02 pm »
Ah cool. I'm not going to bother with the RGB circuit or a recoil one. (the recoil parts I got are to convert my jolt gun from aimtrak to gun4ir).

That said, maybe I misunderstood what the rgb one is for. it just flashes when you fire right?
It flashes when you shoot or change modes.

I am looking at removing the mode button on mine and made rgb brightness at minimum as it was annoying.

I guess some people need this, but as a gun controller for an arcade machine, I want minimal user configuration in order to not have to redo it all the time when guests play with it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:05:08 pm by Marsupial »
-Mars

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #909 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:28 pm »
ok, ordered my first batch of stuff. Couldnt get the transistor from this site as they were out of stock. Everything else will probably come from amazon.

All from Farnell.co.uk

IR Positioning Camera, For Arduino Development Boards
3517916   SEN0158   £18.99   1   £18.99

Power MOSFET, N Channel, 100 V, 36 A, 0.044 ohm, TO-220AB, Through Hole
8651078   IRL540NPBF   £1.66   1   £1.66

Standard Recovery Diode, 50 V, 1 A, Single, 1.1 V, 30 A
2889052   1N4001-E3/54   £0.284   5   £1.42

Through Hole Resistor, 1 kohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 500 V
1083251   YR1B1K0CC   £0.639   1   £0.64

Through Hole Resistor, 100 kohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 250 V
1083469   YR1B100KCC   £0.639   1   £0.64

Through Hole Resistor, 270 ohm, ROX Series, 1 W, ± 5%, Axial Leaded, 350 V
1738579   ROX1SJ270R   £0.144   1   £0.14

Ceramic Disc Capacitor, 0.1 µF, 50 V, +80%, -20%, Y5V, 5 mm, Radial Leaded (frustratingly you had to buy a min of 10)
9411887   MCFYU6104Z6   £0.186   10   £1.86

Infrared Emitter, High Power, 25 °, T-1 (3mm), 100 mA, 1.35 V, 940 nm, 800 ns (bought 15 to give me 3 spares)
Date/Lot Code
1045420   TSAL4400   £0.388   15   £5.82

Through Hole Resistor, 10 ohm, R Series, 250 mW, ± 0.1%, Axial Leaded, 250 V   (For the 3 led clusters (1.35v at 100ma))
1083036   YR1B10RCC   £0.639   1   £0.64

I have some electronics knowledge but if anyone spots something wrong then please let me know.
Excluding the shell, how much do you need to refit a part? Calculate it in detail.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #910 on: November 05, 2021, 03:34:00 am »
If you read down I mention the shell in my next post! (I even provide links)

I've enough components to convert 2 guns with the exception of a second camera since farnell only had 1 left. I'll add it all up later once I'm done.

Pod

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #911 on: November 08, 2021, 03:16:37 pm »
Ah ha!
Turns out I made a mistake. I only ordered 1x10ohm resistor. But of course I'll need one per sensor array.
Thankfully as I mentioned. The pcbs came with a whole slew of resistors including 10ohm ones. Phew!

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2021, 02:48:12 pm »
Just about to start and I found I need a couple more questions answered.

Do people recommend the small or large 360 rumble motor? I see in the pdf image its using the large one but I also saw that Arcade pirate uses the small one.
and
Does the resistor value matter much for connecting it? The pdf says 270-1k. The schematic uses the 270 and the picture the 1k. IS it using 1k specifically because its a 360 motor? (Arcade pirate uses 650ish)

Cheers

Pod

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #913 on: November 09, 2021, 08:34:57 pm »
Just about to start and I found I need a couple more questions answered.

Do people recommend the small or large 360 rumble motor? I see in the pdf image its using the large one but I also saw that Arcade pirate uses the small one.
and
Does the resistor value matter much for connecting it? The pdf says 270-1k. The schematic uses the 270 and the picture the 1k. IS it using 1k specifically because its a 360 motor? (Arcade pirate uses 650ish)

Cheers

Pod
I actually recommend a PS4 rumble motor instead, the Chinese Xbox 360 ones are actually PS2 7.5v ones and are using too much current in 5v. Original ones work tho, but that means sacrificing a controller.
I don't recommend 270 anymore as it had some issues with some schematics.
But anything between 500 and 1k should work.
The resistor doesn't drive the motor itself, just the command circuit. Motor doesn't matter.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #914 on: November 10, 2021, 01:48:24 am »
Ah OK. I've already bought them so I guess maybe what I'll do is swap them into my original 360 pad and use the ones I take out then.

Cheers

sonik

• Offline Offline
« Reply #915 on: November 11, 2021, 06:36:23 pm »
The pieces I have imported are finally arriving! Now it's time to plan how to build my GUN4IR :D

People who used the Top Shot Elite Gun... It's possible to use it's buttons and sticks as they are?
And it's possible to use the gun's camera? (it's a wiimote camera?)

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #916 on: November 11, 2021, 09:15:52 pm »
The pieces I have imported are finally arriving! Now it's time to plan how to build my GUN4IR :D

People who used the Top Shot Elite Gun... It's possible to use it's buttons and sticks as they are?
And it's possible to use the gun's camera? (it's a wiimote camera?)
Yeah I think it's possible to use the buttons and sticks. Not so sure about the camera tho, probably not (most of those third party cams are old sensors that support only 2 led points at a time).
I haven't modded one myself, but I believe some people in my discord server did, you can join the server if you want, to get more info on that  ;D

sonik

• Offline Offline
« Reply #917 on: November 12, 2021, 07:23:19 am »
I will. Thanks!

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 03:27:50 pm
« Reply #918 on: November 12, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »
Hi,
I am about to start to mod 2 toy guns. I wonder if a rumble motor will fit in and I I did not find the dimensions so far. Could someone give me the dimensions of a PS4 rumble motor? Also is there a way to power it with the arduino or is it compulsary to have 2 USB cables (one for the arduino, one for the motor power supply)?

Thanks,

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2021, 03:10:46 am »
Hi,
I am about to start to mod 2 toy guns. I wonder if a rumble motor will fit in and I I did not find the dimensions so far. Could someone give me the dimensions of a PS4 rumble motor? Also is there a way to power it with the arduino or is it compulsary to have 2 USB cables (one for the arduino, one for the motor power supply)?

Thanks,
You can use 0.3 square 6-core cable or network cable.