Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

-- deleted poll --

-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)
-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System  (Read 398856 times)

TimeCrisis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2023, 04:32:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System
« Reply #1080 on: April 12, 2023, 06:00:28 pm »
do you plan to make the slim LED creation available to your distrubutors, in particular you europeans distributor.

is there any reason why the other distributors couldn't have made it slim, is there some special workings involved?

ricebelly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2023, 08:02:15 pm
« Reply #1081 on: April 30, 2023, 06:05:50 am »
I have made a donation as instructed on the forum link.
please will you send me the licence + link to latest software.
My details:
Discord user name: discord#6956
Full name:  Kwok Lee
Email address:  ricebelly@yahoo.co.uk
paypal payment using: ricebelly@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 11:36:32 pm
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1082 on: May 02, 2023, 06:47:05 am »
do you plan to make the slim LED creation available to your distrubutors, in particular you europeans distributor.

is there any reason why the other distributors couldn't have made it slim, is there some special workings involved?
Yes, that's the plan.
And yes, they require a lot of 3d printing for the shell, I am selling them at loss. Which is only ok because I sell a small quantity.

I have made a donation as instructed on the forum link.
please will you send me the licence + link to latest software.
My details:
Discord user name: discord#6956
Full name:  Kwok Lee

Thanks.
Bud, don't post your email on a public forum  ;)

SystemBuilder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2023, 05:24:11 pm
« Reply #1083 on: May 04, 2023, 06:57:22 am »
Hello Sir Jaybee

A few questions if I may ask.

1) Is your system expandable for for than 4 x Led units, eg 8, 12 or 16 for best accuracy

2) How does the vibration work, is it only programmed to vibrate when you reload or shoot, or is it mapped to in game vibration like a standard xbox one controller connected to PC? So if a game supports vibration and a standard xbox on controller vibrates in game does the gun4ir follow the same vibration path? Reason I am asking I am looking to add vibration to a Custom Aracade controller build and was wondering how to go about it.

3) Is it possible to make use of two motors for vibration like they have in standard xbox one controller?

4) Is it possible to wire in an analogue stick to gun4ir, (5v, ground signal) and max number of buttons can be used if using recoil and vibration?

flybynight

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:10:44 pm
« Reply #1084 on: May 06, 2023, 05:10:59 pm »
Inspired by the recent time crisis 2 mame fixes, I've dived head first into gun4ir.

The 2x guns I bought are the time crisis 3 reproductions "NAMED" branded with the rumble and solenoid with kick back. Pink and blue guns. The TC3 guns are expensive but I went with them anyway as the cheaper TC4 repro gun shell I've read are too small. Also ordered a genuine arcade time crisis pedal. Probably would have been cheaper to buy an old Time Crisis 2 cabinet :D

I've of course donated to JB and have the official guide and software. (Thanks JB!)

Before I go it alone, has anyone already added gun4ir to a NAMED shell? Can you offer any guidance?
I'm asking because on the first page of the guide has the BOM list of parts to order and there are different options for the pcb and I don't want to order something that doesn't fit or is the wrong choice for this shell.

Also is anyone selling kits or do I buy the parts individually from ebay?

I'm also reading about new "slimline" leds but can't find them for sale?

By the way this will be used on a sega Naomi cabinet with 29 inch 31khz 4:3 monitor with a PC connected to it.

Cheers!

_________

EDIT:

Went ahead and ordered both a pro micro and a teensy. Got the camera from farnells. Other bits from amazon and eBay.

Couldn't find anyone with a guide specific to the NAMED Time Crisis 3 shells. There are a few videos and links to RPEG and aliexpress offering Pre-modded NAMED guns. A bit crappy they didn't post actual "how to" guides for DIY or even a picture of the internals on a fully modded one.

Just the leds to sort now. Might try those aliexpress wireless ones unless anyone has a better suggestion?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 08:03:51 pm by flybynight »

BlaqKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2023, 12:34:08 pm
« Reply #1085 on: May 11, 2023, 06:12:26 am »
Good Morning Sir! I am a HUGE fan of Yours and wanting to know how much You will charge to modify the Guns if I send them to You. I want to have 2  GunCon controller (known as G-Con 45 in Europe) (the black one)
And 2 Guncon 2 as I will buy them ASAP if You are willing to modify them for me. You don't modify Guncon 3's do You? I will contact You on Discord as well. Thank You so much as I am sa fan of Yours.

GRA71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 02:53:17 pm
« Reply #1086 on: May 18, 2023, 04:18:49 am »
Bonjour,
Dans le jeu EndGame sur PS2, avec le plug-in « Nuvee », il fallait calibrer le lightgun avec les paramètres suivants, sinon on tirait dans le cercle rouge, après réglage le tire était correct (dans le cercle vert). Paramètres à rentrer dans le fichier « nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini »

Avec la nouvelle version de l’émulateur PCSX2 Nightly (1.7.4517), il n’y a plus besoin du plug-in « Nuvee » pour les railshooters, mais dans le jeu EndGame les tirs sont toujours décalés.

J’ai essayé de modifier les paramètres suivants sans résultats et en cochant la case Manual Screen Configuration :

Merci pour votre aide  ;)

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1087 on: May 18, 2023, 11:09:56 pm »
Hello Sir Jaybee

A few questions if I may ask.

1) Is your system expandable for for than 4 x Led units, eg 8, 12 or 16 for best accuracy

2) How does the vibration work, is it only programmed to vibrate when you reload or shoot, or is it mapped to in game vibration like a standard xbox one controller connected to PC? So if a game supports vibration and a standard xbox on controller vibrates in game does the gun4ir follow the same vibration path? Reason I am asking I am looking to add vibration to a Custom Aracade controller build and was wondering how to go about it.

3) Is it possible to make use of two motors for vibration like they have in standard xbox one controller?

4) Is it possible to wire in an analogue stick to gun4ir, (5v, ground signal) and max number of buttons can be used if using recoil and vibration?

1) the sensor we have is limited to 4 points. and adding more won't increase accuracy anyway, it's already as high as it can possibly be.

2) it's handle by the gun, lightgun game that use dinput or xinput rumble are very very rare. but you can also pilot it with mamehooker and demulshooter.

3) not really useful, but you could probably try to do it anyway.

4) not yet, and all these info are in the pdf manual I provide with the license.

Inspired by the recent time crisis 2 mame fixes, I've dived head first into gun4ir.

The 2x guns I bought are the time crisis 3 reproductions "NAMED" branded with the rumble and solenoid with kick back. Pink and blue guns. The TC3 guns are expensive but I went with them anyway as the cheaper TC4 repro gun shell I've read are too small. Also ordered a genuine arcade time crisis pedal. Probably would have been cheaper to buy an old Time Crisis 2 cabinet :D

I've of course donated to JB and have the official guide and software. (Thanks JB!)

Before I go it alone, has anyone already added gun4ir to a NAMED shell? Can you offer any guidance?
I'm asking because on the first page of the guide has the BOM list of parts to order and there are different options for the pcb and I don't want to order something that doesn't fit or is the wrong choice for this shell.

Also is anyone selling kits or do I buy the parts individually from ebay?

I'm also reading about new "slimline" leds but can't find them for sale?

By the way this will be used on a sega Naomi cabinet with 29 inch 31khz 4:3 monitor with a PC connected to it.

Cheers!

_________

EDIT:

Went ahead and ordered both a pro micro and a teensy. Got the camera from farnells. Other bits from amazon and eBay.

Couldn't find anyone with a guide specific to the NAMED Time Crisis 3 shells. There are a few videos and links to RPEG and aliexpress offering Pre-modded NAMED guns. A bit crappy they didn't post actual "how to" guides for DIY or even a picture of the internals on a fully modded one.

Just the leds to sort now. Might try those aliexpress wireless ones unless anyone has a better suggestion?
Several of my users made that mod, you can see them on my discord server.
The ali express sellers are scammers stealing my tech without any kind of agreement with me or compensation. Plus the quality is abismally bad, I get a lot of complain and of course I do not give any kind of support for these.

Good Morning Sir! I am a HUGE fan of Yours and wanting to know how much You will charge to modify the Guns if I send them to You. I want to have 2  GunCon controller (known as G-Con 45 in Europe) (the black one)
And 2 Guncon 2 as I will buy them ASAP if You are willing to modify them for me. You don't modify Guncon 3's do You? I will contact You on Discord as well. Thank You so much as I am sa fan of Yours.
Hey, are you living in the US? If yes, you can contact Ray from RPEG electronics, he might be able to help you with that.

Bonjour,
Dans le jeu EndGame sur PS2, avec le plug-in « Nuvee », il fallait calibrer le lightgun avec les paramètres suivants, sinon on tirait dans le cercle rouge, après réglage le tire était correct (dans le cercle vert). Paramètres à rentrer dans le fichier « nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini »

Avec la nouvelle version de l’émulateur PCSX2 Nightly (1.7.4517), il n’y a plus besoin du plug-in « Nuvee » pour les railshooters, mais dans le jeu EndGame les tirs sont toujours décalés.

J’ai essayé de modifier les paramètres suivants sans résultats et en cochant la case Manual Screen Configuration :

Merci pour votre aide  ;)

Rejoins the channel français de mon serveur discord, on pourra plus facilement t'aider ;)

flybynight

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:10:44 pm
« Reply #1088 on: May 19, 2023, 04:59:58 am »
Thanks JB. I don't use discord but I found this guide online so I'll likely follow this:
https://flatfootfox.com/a-look-at-the-gun4ir-light-gun/  (Believe it or not, it's actually the only guide I could find online!).

Everything has arrived so far except the actual NAMED guns.

Will post my progress here for others to see.

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 02:24:38 pm
« Reply #1089 on: May 24, 2023, 07:32:15 am »
After using my gun4ir gun for a certain period of time, it does not automatically identify the usb device after a certain period of time, I tried it on my different computer, the same problem occurs again, this may be the reason, I changed the arduino, this did not solve my problem

vilegar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 01:35:58 pm
« Reply #1090 on: May 27, 2023, 07:30:20 am »
Hi, I have made a donation with Paypal.
please can you send me the licence & latest software.
Paypal Id. de transacción
7XD9957967180721J
Best regards.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 11:28:49 am by vilegar »

MarkJG

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2024, 01:16:23 am
« Reply #1091 on: June 02, 2023, 08:35:06 am »
Hi JayBee, just to let you know I have just made the donation for the software and license... my details should be with the PayPal payment.
Name: Mark Godfrey
Discord: MarkJG
Transaction ID: 5BW697646B3640237
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:37:38 am by MarkJG »

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1092 on: June 05, 2023, 10:38:22 am »
7XD9957967180721J
Best regards.
Hi JayBee, just to let you know I have just made the donation for the software and license... my details should be with the PayPal payment.
Thanks.
Thanks guys, I did send you everything, but please keep your private info in private message  ;)

Jardielsilva

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 08:29:05 pm
« Reply #1093 on: June 05, 2023, 09:31:58 pm »
goodnight!
i am having problem with installing rumble and solenoid. I did it according to the diagram, but when I turn on 12v the solenoid recoils without pressing the trigger and does not come back and the rumble does not trigger. The Arduino LED lights up when I press the trigger. does anyone know what could be going on?

Arcade-Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 04:00:24 pm
« Reply #1094 on: July 01, 2023, 02:46:34 pm »
7XD9957967180721J
Best regards.
Thanks.
Thanks guys, I did send you everything, but please keep your private info in private message  ;)

Hi, so I just follow the paypal link and the software will be emailed to me? Thanks

Secret of Mana

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 11:37:57 pm
« Reply #1095 on: July 06, 2023, 12:29:51 am »
Hi Jaybee, I was excited when I first hear about GUN4IR, I have a few old guns waiting to be modded but I'm having a problem making a donation to ur paypal account as it said "donation to this recipient aren't supported in this country". Upon searching for the workaround, it seems this is a pretty common problem in paypal, users in some countries can't donate thru links for unknown reason, their solution is to send money to the account user directly. Perhaps u can give me ur paypal username or email for sending money? Please advise, thnx.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 11:54:04 pm by Secret of Mana »

vilegar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 01:35:58 pm
« Reply #1096 on: July 15, 2023, 04:35:28 am »
7XD9957967180721J
Best regards.
Thanks.

Hi, so I just follow the paypal link and the software will be emailed to me? Thanks

Hello Arcade-Man, He sent me the link to download the latest software version, and he sent me the license file to be able to use the gui

Floweringapple

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2023, 06:22:58 am
« Reply #1097 on: August 09, 2023, 08:24:50 am »
Hey JayBee, I sent a donation but I failed to provide my info in the notes section. I also cannot send DMs here (perhaps because my account is too new?) What's the best way to get in contact with you to provide my info for download.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #1098 on: August 09, 2023, 02:00:41 pm »
I also cannot send DMs here (perhaps because my account is too new?)
When your first post was approved, your account was auto-upgraded to "Jr. Member" so you should be able to send PMs now.   :cheers:

Scott

POPO69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
« Reply #1099 on: August 11, 2023, 08:23:52 am »
Hello what is the solution to add mamehooker with gun ir? Tks

POPO69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1100 on: August 15, 2023, 03:25:11 pm »
Hello can you give me the last update? I have the 1.2 beta.
Tks

Javier Uva

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2023, 04:10:16 pm
« Reply #1101 on: August 28, 2023, 07:00:07 am »
Hi, i am new in the forum, how can i get the last update?
Regards.

bigwilly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 10:22:09 pm
« Reply #1102 on: August 31, 2023, 10:48:45 am »
Hello
I purchased a licence from the donation last week and haven't received any e-mail regarding the software what is the usual time it takes to arrive?

retroman2022

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2023, 02:25:50 pm
« Reply #1103 on: September 01, 2023, 01:49:06 pm »
Hi Jb,
I did donation for license.
What is the next step?
Thanks.

retroman2022

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2023, 02:25:50 pm
« Reply #1104 on: September 01, 2023, 01:55:50 pm »
Hi JB,
Amazing job!
Thanks.

POPO69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1105 on: September 11, 2023, 05:30:35 pm »
Hello I have a problem with Mamehooker and Operation Ghost.
Can I have the Ini file in Mamehooker please?
Tks

MaxG

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 01:48:06 pm
« Reply #1106 on: December 09, 2023, 06:18:55 pm »
Hi,

I have some problems runnig the programm.
I downloaded everthing and put the licence file in the same folder.
I connected an "adafruit Itsybitsy 32u4 5V 16Mhz" and tried to flash the controller.
but after opening the

GUI -> Tools -> Flash Firmeware

I cant click on anything.

Somebody knows what Im diong wrong? How can I get the programm on the controller?

Merci for your answers

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1107 on: December 10, 2023, 10:35:57 am »
Hi,

I have some problems runnig the programm.
I downloaded everthing and put the licence file in the same folder.
I connected an "adafruit Itsybitsy 32u4 5V 16Mhz" and tried to flash the controller.
but after opening the

GUI -> Tools -> Flash Firmeware

I cant click on anything.

Somebody knows what Im diong wrong? How can I get the programm on the controller?

Merci for your answers
itsy bitsy boards often need to be initialized with arduino IDE, you can flash it as "micro" or "leonardo" board in the IDE, it should then work perfectly.
Also check that the board is being detected properly by the pc.

Flomartin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2024, 09:27:35 am
« Reply #1108 on: December 10, 2023, 12:04:52 pm »
Bonjour Jean-Baptiste,

Je me permets de poster ici ne sachant pas trop comment vous contacter.

Sur le site Facebook de Gun4IR, vous aviez indiqué que des ensembles préassemblés seraient disponibles sous peu pour la France.

Je voulais juste savoir s'il y avait une chance que ceux-ci soient disponibles avant Noël ?

Juste pour savoir si je peux compter dessus comme cadeau, ou s'il vaut mieux que je trouve une autre idée :)

Un grand merci pour votre retour !

MaxG

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 01:48:06 pm
« Reply #1109 on: December 10, 2023, 01:48:06 pm »
Thanks a lot. It works perfectly now.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1110 on: December 10, 2023, 09:52:03 pm »
Bonjour Jean-Baptiste,

Je me permets de poster ici ne sachant pas trop comment vous contacter.

Sur le site Facebook de Gun4IR, vous aviez indiqué que des ensembles préassemblés seraient disponibles sous peu pour la France.

Je voulais juste savoir s'il y avait une chance que ceux-ci soient disponibles avant Noël ?

Juste pour savoir si je peux compter dessus comme cadeau, ou s'il vaut mieux que je trouve une autre idée :)

Un grand merci pour votre retour !
Oui il le seront, il en aura quelques uns de disponibles cette semaine  ;D
Il vaut mieux rejoindre mon groupe facebook ou discord pour recevoir les notification pour la date exacte, qui sera annoncée sur ces différents médias

Flomartin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2024, 09:27:35 am
« Reply #1111 on: December 11, 2023, 01:52:03 am »
Merci Jean-Baptiste pour ta réponse rapide ;)

Je vais essayer de rejoindre le groupe Discord alors, pour être sûr de ne pas louper l'annonce !

Encore merci pour ton retour, et j'espère bien faire partie des heureux élus qui en auront un  ;D

ongtw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2023, 10:56:24 am
« Reply #1112 on: December 16, 2023, 11:41:20 pm »
hi i am from singapore and i cannot donate to download the gun4ir software as my region singapore whether card or paypal cant donate to your account
please provide me a valid link to donate so i can download the software ?

ongtw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2023, 10:56:24 am
« Reply #1113 on: December 17, 2023, 12:04:01 am »
hi i am from singapore and i cannot donate to download the gun4ir software as my region singapore whether card or paypal cant donate to your account
please provide me a valid link to donate so i can download the software ? my email is ongteckwei@gmail.com please reply so i can pay the donation to download the software

An0thernumber

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 02:31:08 pm
« Reply #1114 on: December 26, 2023, 07:13:27 am »
Hi JayBee I donated a couple days ago and send a PM on this forum. Is there anything else I need to do to get the licence?

Vitaly17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 02:31:22 pm
« Reply #1115 on: January 06, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »
Could you tell me how to load the calibration settings into the gun before starting the game. I use non-standard bezels for some mame games. For the 4:3 settings, I use the  command "Run ,%COMSPEC% /C echo M3.1 >COM 1,, hide". But what about the non-standard calibration? Is there any way to save the calibration settings and send them to the gun? Otherwise, I have to turn on the scope and recalibrate the weapon with a non-standard bezel. I have given an example below, sorry for my English.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 05:21:20 am by Vitaly17 »

dhoyosg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 04:38:10 am
« Reply #1116 on: January 11, 2024, 03:39:22 am »
Hi JayBee I donated a couple days ago and send a PM on this forum. Is there anything else I need to do to get the licence?

Roi973

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2024, 06:59:51 am
« Reply #1117 on: January 15, 2024, 11:38:48 am »
good evening, I donated yesterday for the software license. I await news. A thousand thanks

TapeWormInYourGut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:56:18 pm
« Reply #1118 on: March 06, 2024, 09:35:23 pm »
@JayBee I've been using GUN4IR for a little over a year now and really love it.

I don't know if anyone has ever shown interest in a feature like this, but is it possible to add another "auto reload" mode that would press+hold the reload button whenever you're pointing the gun off-screen? And have the ability to set this option via serial commands? It's not a purely automatic reload, but I find it to be a nice hybrid.

Maybe newer games have spoiled me with the way that they've implemented their reload. I'm kind of thinking that Nintendo started this trend with the Wii. There seems to be a few emulators that hack this in as well. Anyways, if there is ever a feature to be requested, then that would be mine  >:D

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #1119 on: March 07, 2024, 03:43:36 am »
@JayBee I've been using GUN4IR for a little over a year now and really love it.

I don't know if anyone has ever shown interest in a feature like this, but is it possible to add another "auto reload" mode that would press+hold the reload button whenever you're pointing the gun off-screen? And have the ability to set this option via serial commands? It's not a purely automatic reload, but I find it to be a nice hybrid.

Maybe newer games have spoiled me with the way that they've implemented their reload. I'm kind of thinking that Nintendo started this trend with the Wii. There seems to be a few emulators that hack this in as well. Anyways, if there is ever a feature to be requested, then that would be mine  >:D
Yeah it's already in the feature list for future updates.
It's a tricky feature at it could cause the button to stay held down whenever you aren't using the gun, which is definitely something you don't want.
But I've got a few ideas on how to fix that.