Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976473 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3360 on: January 08, 2024, 03:54:45 am »
tomb raider running just exe with demulshooter. I have 2 guns working but player 2 gun shoots both guns. player one is working fine. any fix for this

Yes, you just need to set up DemulShooter and the Unity plugin correctly  ;)
This happens exactly when DemulShooter is either not hooking the game or when the Unity plugin is not correctly installed.

You can share a DemulShooter debug file to start seeing if something obvious is happening

Also is there a way to remap the start buttons.

A simple AutoHotkey script will be enough to remap buttons from your wanted one, to the desired one accepted by the game.

Argon, Thanks for update.

And is there a way to remove reticle in Alien Armageddon?

Terminator Salvation can remove reticle via test menu, but Alien can't.

Hmm it's something I can look into for the next release, I''ll let you know

Krakatoa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:35:25 pm
  • No idea what I am doing
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3361 on: January 13, 2024, 07:28:47 am »
Thanks for the JP update. It's there any way to remove the firing lines as well? It seems odd having no guns, but the fire lines still appear.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3362 on: January 13, 2024, 01:53:16 pm »
Hmmm normally fire lines (red lasers ?) are removed as well as the reticles with DemulShooter -nocrosshair option

Guns model are just removed with Test Menu option

Krakatoa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3363 on: January 19, 2024, 07:28:44 pm »
No, they are still there. The guns are gone and the crosshairs. Is it something you could remove?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3364 on: January 23, 2024, 03:25:28 am »
It's already relmoved, at least on the 3 computers I've tested it on.
(See below attached picture)

It would be great if other people could repport if the -nocrosshair option is working as expected for them too (or not)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 03:28:48 am by argonlefou »

Krakatoa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3365 on: January 24, 2024, 08:16:11 pm »
Thanks for the response. There must be something going on my end then. I also noticed mamehooker isn’t picking up all the outputs as well. It creates a blank no named ini file.

Hopefully someone else tests it out as well, so I can confirm it’s in my end.

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:44:49 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #3366 on: January 26, 2024, 02:06:11 pm »
I have a question regarding Night Hunter - After Dark II. I have followed the wiki but cannot get DS to hook. Using Sinden, Unity plug-in added and config input mode set to Demulshooter. The biggest issue is that the game does not contain the main game folder, where the qumo2_en.exe file is located. It is v 2.06 and has NightHunter.exe in the main folder. Assuming I need to find the dump with qumo2 for it to work? 1p works fine with no DS.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3367 on: January 26, 2024, 04:10:48 pm »
I have a question regarding Night Hunter - After Dark II. I have followed the wiki but cannot get DS to hook. Using Sinden, Unity plug-in added and config input mode set to Demulshooter. The biggest issue is that the game does not contain the main game folder, where the qumo2_en.exe file is located. It is v 2.06 and has NightHunter.exe in the main folder. Assuming I need to find the dump with qumo2 for it to work? 1p works fine with no DS.
DS is looking for a specific process name to hook to, so if the exe file has been renamed, it's normal for DS to not be able to hook the game.

Your dump may be a valid one, with the exe renamed.
You can try to rename it to the original name and test it with DS

Also, once you can hook, by getting a DS debug file, there should be some info regarding the version on the game
https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging#step-3

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3368 on: January 26, 2024, 04:35:46 pm »
Boom! Simple renaming of Night Hunter.exe to qumo2_en.exe and renaming the corresponding 'Night Hunter' folder to 'qumo2_en' did the trick. Works great! Thank you!

Krakatoa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3369 on: January 28, 2024, 07:09:40 am »
It's already relmoved, at least on the 3 computers I've tested it on.
(See below attached picture)

It would be great if other people could repport if the -nocrosshair option is working as expected for them too (or not)

What version of JP are you running?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3370 on: January 28, 2024, 11:19:28 am »
I think TP only accepts one unique dump (V1.08)
The elf file md5 checksum is : c62483935c2ea3c8387f33b3c8b89c6b

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 10:13:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3371 on: January 31, 2024, 07:02:56 pm »

Hi i found this video today. This guy has operation wolf returns working with full controls with Aimtrak guns no keyboard. Does anyone know how he has done this. If so would anyone be good enough to let me know how to do this. Im thinking he has done this with an AHK script but i have no idea. Thank you.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3372 on: February 02, 2024, 01:09:12 am »
You can do that with AHK, I used to with my Aimtrak back when I used them.

But you need a gun shell with a couple of available buttons (more than simply the trigger) - this is I think what the video maker is refering to when he talks about left and right buttons -so that you can map them in Aimtrak utility

Simply set those extra buttons to some of the Joystick buttons aimtrak utility let you use (for in/out screen)
Then use AHK to remap Joystick button to the corresponding keyboard key for the game

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3373 on: February 02, 2024, 08:39:24 pm »
Thanks argon ill give it a try

Ace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 06:27:53 am
« Reply #3374 on: February 05, 2024, 06:26:03 am »
Argonlefou,

Sorry for the noob question and certain this has been asked before but can't seem to find it so apologies in advance and maybe you could add this somewhere for reference.

What's the best and safest way to Upadate DemulShooter to the latest without messing up your settings and configs that you've done already please, so you dont have to go back and re configure everything again and have multiple instances

Thanks for any help on this and love the work you do so thank you very much

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3375 on: February 05, 2024, 10:51:30 pm »
You can do that with AHK, I used to with my Aimtrak back when I used them.

But you need a gun shell with a couple of available buttons (more than simply the trigger) - this is I think what the video maker is refering to when he talks about left and right buttons -so that you can map them in Aimtrak utility

Simply set those extra buttons to some of the Joystick buttons aimtrak utility let you use (for in/out screen)
Then use AHK to remap Joystick button to the corresponding keyboard key for the game

Hi Argon, Im not having any luck getting this to work with the controls on the video using AHK. I got pretty close but not close enough. I know your a busy man but could you help me work this out. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Argon

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3376 on: February 06, 2024, 09:07:35 am »

Hi Argon, Im not having any luck getting this to work with the controls on the video using AHK. I got pretty close but not close enough. I know your a busy man but could you help me work this out. Any help would be much appreciated

What are you trying to do, exactly? What is 'pretty close' and what remains to be done?

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3377 on: February 06, 2024, 06:09:06 pm »
I thought i was close but after trying again last night i wasnt. I just dont know how to write an ahk script to have the controls the same as the video for my AimTraks. Im not very good with ahk. If you could help me out that would be great. I know im probably asking to much but even if you could write an ahk script so i could have controls the same as the video for my AimTraks I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3378 on: February 08, 2024, 01:30:50 pm »
I was using a script like this one to check the buttons number detected by AHK (should be the same than the ones you set in Aimtrak utility)

So let's say you want to bind the "Joystick Button 3" to the G keyboard key, you can try script like this :
Code: [Select]
;Joystick Button3 -> G Key
Joy3::
Send {g Down}
Sleep 100
Send {g Up}
Return

Things get a little bit different if you have more than one Joystick plugged at the same time.
At least back in time, I don't know how it is today.

So with different Joystick (let's say... a couple of aimtrak gun plugged) I had to specify the Joystick number before the button in the script : Joy3 becomes 1Joy3 (Joystick1) or 2Joy3 (Joystick2)

With that you should have all needed information to build your script little by little

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
« Reply #3379 on: February 24, 2024, 08:21:35 pm »
Thanks Argon!  Got Sailor Zombie, and Dead Storm Pirates running with both guns.  For some reason in Dark Escape I'm controlling both players with one gun.  Followed all the steps in the tutorial so I'm not sure whats wrong.  Also if I use the patcher to remove crosshairs how do I get them back?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:38:17 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3380 on: February 27, 2024, 12:47:38 pm »
Thanks Argon!  Got Sailor Zombie, and Dead Storm Pirates running with both guns.  For some reason in Dark Escape I'm controlling both players with one gun.  Followed all the steps in the tutorial so I'm not sure whats wrong.  Also if I use the patcher to remove crosshairs how do I get them back?

If you have succesfully applied the whole PPU cache thing, you should not be able to move any crosshair in Dark Escape without DemulShooter running.

That may be a clue to narrow down the cause : if you can move crosshairs without demulshooter, game is not properly patched. If you can.....I'm not sure to have a quick answer unfortunatelly

As for the crosshair patch, there should be a readme text file in the package, where I'm telling people which file from the game dump must be saved, if restoring crosshair is needed.
For Dark Escape, you'll need to restore this file from the original dump :  \dev_hdd0\game\SCEEXE000\USRDIR\BootPack\Data.npk

Btw, I just noticed the Dark Escape patcher link is dead from the 1st page post, I'll have to check out why

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Nevermind, i figured it out, It was a simple mistake as not running Demulshooter as an administrator!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 10:25:04 am by DMB77 »

MidLifeCrisis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 10:39:23 am
  • And... It's broke again... and so am I
I'm trying to get Jurassic Park up and going.  I can get the game up and running fine, but I cannot get DS to hook, hopefully someone can help me.

This is part of my AHK script:

Run, C:\Games and Emulators\DemulShooter_v11.7\DemulShooter.exe -target=rawthrill -rom=jpark
Run, TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=JurassicPark.xml

I can get Aliens: Armageddon to run fine, but this doesn't pull up DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Hey Argon,

I'm using the latest demulshooter. I just got my 2 aliens extermination guns (the ones from Aliexpress that you mount) today and they are awesome. I'm currently trying to dabble in teknoparrot, but running into some trouble. The guns (which are basically recognized as analog joysticks) came with inverted axis (up is down, right is left, etc.). Some people just re-solder the wires and switch them up to fix. I really don't want to have to do that. I checked the invert axis boxes in the demul GUI and the game hooks when I launch it .. i.e. turns green (i..e terminator, Jurassic Park, Sega Golden Gun, etc.), but nothing. The guns are still inverted when they load. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. I even went back a few versions to test and still no go. I also did the calibration (analog devices) option in the GUI. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
I'm trying to get Jurassic Park up and going.  I can get the game up and running fine, but I cannot get DS to hook, hopefully someone can help me.

This is part of my AHK script:

Run, C:\Games and Emulators\DemulShooter_v11.7\DemulShooter.exe -target=rawthrill -rom=jpark
Run, TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=JurassicPark.xml

I can get Aliens: Armageddon to run fine, but this doesn't pull up DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You are using the wrong rom name- should be jp

Info from last release notes

Changed "Jurassic Park" rom parameter from "-rom=jpark" to "-rom=jp" in order to avoid conflicts with the jpark MAME rom in MameHooker config.

Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hey Argon,

I'm using the latest demulshooter. I just got my 2 aliens extermination guns (the ones from Aliexpress that you mount) today and they are awesome. I'm currently trying to dabble in teknoparrot, but running into some trouble. The guns (which are basically recognized as analog joysticks) came with inverted axis (up is down, right is left, etc.). Some people just re-solder the wires and switch them up to fix. I really don't want to have to do that. I checked the invert axis boxes in the demul GUI and the game hooks when I launch it .. i.e. turns green (i..e terminator, Jurassic Park, Sega Golden Gun, etc.), but nothing. The guns are still inverted when they load. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. I even went back a few versions to test and still no go. I also did the calibration (analog devices) option in the GUI. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you
If you can get me a debug file :https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging#step-3

Don't forget to log a few movements of your guns before quitting
So that I can compare with my gamepads

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
Hi Argonlefou,

You recently added support for Bug Busters, unfortunately the rom name clashes with a Mame game called Beast Busters, both are seen by MameHooker as bbusters.

Would it be possible to change the Bug Busters one, like you did for Jurassic Park recently.

As always a huge thank you for everything you do.

Kind regards
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Hey Argon,

If you can get me a debug file :https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging#step-3

Don't forget to log a few movements of your guns before quitting
So that I can compare with my gamepads

UPDATE: I ended up just re-soldering/switching the wires on the AE guns to fix the inverted axis issues. All seems to be well. Thx
UPDATE: Tested with Rabbids Hollywood and the inverted axis switching in game works. So it's gotta be something i'm doing wrong with games like JP, Term, and Aliens Arm. I'll keep testing.
Another UPDATE: Transformers and Sega Dream Raiders work fine too, as far as the axis inverting in game. Maybe it's a raw thrills issue, since so far it's just JP, Term and Aliens Arm.
Hi Argon, attached is the debug txt file. Nevermind ... pasted below instead. No matter how quickly I exit the game (even after like 5 seconds), the file is still too big to attached. Weird .....

Also, here is my AHK script for reference.

run, C:\DemulShooter_v11.7\DemulShooter.exe -target=rawthrill -rom=jp -v
run, C:\Emulators\Teknoparrot\TeknoparrotUi --profile=JurassicPark.xml

Thanks for your help

06:58:45.672550 :
06:58:45.672550 : ---------------- Program Start -- DemulShooter v11.7.0.0 ----------------
06:58:45.672550 : Cmdline arg 0 : -target=rawthrill
06:58:45.672550 : Cmdline arg 1 : -rom=jp
06:58:45.672550 : Cmdline arg 2 : -v
06:58:45.672550 : Running as Administrator : True
06:58:45.672550 : Error: Impossible to get Output Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&2df500dc&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.672550 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col02#7&77dd0e&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.672550 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&Col04#7&13a7f94c&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.672550 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&Col02#7&13a7f94c&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 : Error: Impossible to get Output Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&8446bfe&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col01#7&77dd0e&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col03#7&77dd0e&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 : Found 8 available RawInput devices :
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&2df500dc&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col02#7&77dd0e&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&Col04#7&13a7f94c&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&Col02#7&13a7f94c&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&8446bfe&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col01#7&77dd0e&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_02&Col03#7&77dd0e&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.688181 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&Col01#7&13a7f94c&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
06:58:45.703794 : Configuration file succesfuly loaded
06:58:45.703794 : P1 mode = RAWINPUT
06:58:45.703794 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&2df500dc&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.703794 : P1 device plugged and found, Handle = 0x65608
06:58:45.703794 : P1 device : AnlogGun WOOD / XinYeDigital
06:58:45.703794 : P2 mode = RAWINPUT
06:58:45.703794 : P2 device = \\?\HID#VID_04B4&PID_6870#6&8446bfe&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
06:58:45.703794 : P2 device plugged and found, Handle = 0x65600
06:58:45.703794 : P2 device : AnlogGun WOOD / XinYeDigital
06:58:45.703794 : P3 mode = RAWINPUT
06:58:45.703794 : P3 device =
06:58:45.703794 : P4 mode = RAWINPUT
06:58:45.703794 : P4 device =
06:58:45.750656 : Monitor maximum resolution = 1842 x 1036 x 4294967296 colors @ 60 Hertz
06:58:45.750656 : Starting Output daemon...
06:58:45.764138 : LowLevelMouseHook installed !
06:58:45.765135 : LowLevel-KeyboardHook installed !
06:58:45.766206 : Windows screen scaling : 100% (HorizontalDPI=96, VerticalDPI=96)
06:58:45.772244 : Waiting for Lindbergh jp game to hook.....
06:58:49.294266 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08188F10
06:58:49.793923 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08188F10
06:58:50.295669 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08188F10
06:58:50.798188 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08188F10
06:58:51.300444 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08188F10
06:58:51.801104 : Jurassic Park - v1.08 binary detected
06:58:51.801104 : Attached to Process BudgieLoader.exe, ProcessHandle = 1224
06:58:51.802101 : BudgieLoader.exe = 0x00400000
06:58:51.804130 : File not found : C:\DemulShooter_v11.7\MemoryData\lindbergh\jpark\c62483935c2ea3c8387f33b3c8b89c6b.cfg
06:58:51.805094 : Custom output data will be stored at : 0x05700000
06:58:51.808085 : Adding Damage Codecave at : 0x05710000
06:58:51.810080 : Adding FFPulse Codecave at : 0x05750000
06:58:51.812113 : Adding ElectroGun Codecave at : 0x05770000
06:58:51.822050 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.822050 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.822050 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.823046 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.823046 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.824043 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.824043 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.825040 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.825040 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.825040 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.826038 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.826038 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.827035 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
06:58:51.827035 : -
06:58:51.827035 : RawData event for Player #2:
06:58:51.827035 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000097, 00000022 ]
06:58:51.828032 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.828032 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 386 ], Y => [ 11, 386 ]
06:58:51.828032 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1301, 1014 ]
06:58:51.828032 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.829030 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.829030 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.829030 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.829030 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1189, 879 ]
06:58:51.829030 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.829030 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 036F ]
06:58:51.830028 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 879 ]
06:58:51.830028 : -
06:58:51.830028 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.830028 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.830028 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.830028 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.831024 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.831024 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.831024 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.831024 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.832022 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.832022 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.832022 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.832022 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.832022 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
06:58:51.832022 : -
06:58:51.833018 : RawData event for Player #2:
06:58:51.837009 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000097, 00000022 ]
06:58:51.837009 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.837009 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 386 ], Y => [ 11, 386 ]
06:58:51.837009 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1301, 1014 ]
06:58:51.838005 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.838005 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.838005 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.838005 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.839003 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1189, 879 ]
06:58:51.839003 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.839003 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 036F ]
06:58:51.839003 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 879 ]
06:58:51.839003 : -
06:58:51.840000 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.840000 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.840000 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.840000 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.840000 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.840997 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.840997 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.840997 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.840997 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.840997 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.841996 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.841996 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.841996 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
06:58:51.841996 : -
06:58:51.842993 : RawData event for Player #2:
06:58:51.842993 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000097, 00000022 ]
06:58:51.842993 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.842993 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 386 ], Y => [ 11, 386 ]
06:58:51.842993 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1301, 1014 ]
06:58:51.843991 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.843991 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.843991 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.843991 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.844987 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1189, 879 ]
06:58:51.844987 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.844987 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 036F ]
06:58:51.844987 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 879 ]
06:58:51.844987 : -
06:58:51.845984 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.845984 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.845984 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.845984 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.845984 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.846981 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.846981 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.846981 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.846981 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.846981 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.846981 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.847979 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.847979 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
06:58:51.847979 : -
06:58:51.847979 : RawData event for Player #2:
06:58:51.847979 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000097, 00000022 ]
06:58:51.847979 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.848976 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 386 ], Y => [ 11, 386 ]
06:58:51.848976 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1301, 1014 ]
06:58:51.848976 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.848976 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.848976 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.849974 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.849974 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1189, 879 ]
06:58:51.849974 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.849974 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 036F ]
06:58:51.849974 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 879 ]
06:58:51.849974 : -
06:58:51.850973 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.850973 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.850973 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.850973 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.850973 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.851968 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.851968 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.851968 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.851968 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.852966 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.852966 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.852966 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.852966 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
06:58:51.852966 : -
06:58:51.852966 : RawData event for Player #2:
06:58:51.853963 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000097, 00000022 ]
06:58:51.853963 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.853963 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 386 ], Y => [ 11, 386 ]
06:58:51.853963 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1301, 1014 ]
06:58:51.854961 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.854961 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.854961 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.854961 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.854961 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1189, 879 ]
06:58:51.854961 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.855959 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 036F ]
06:58:51.855959 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 879 ]
06:58:51.855959 : -
06:58:51.858950 : RawData event for Player #1:
06:58:51.858950 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 00000082, 00000184 ]
06:58:51.859948 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920x1080 ]
06:58:51.859948 : Overriding player axis range values : X => [ 39, 387 ], Y => [ 11, 389 ]
06:58:51.859948 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1418, 3 ]
06:58:51.859948 : NotificationState: QUNS_ACCEPTS_NOTIFICATIONS
06:58:51.860945 : ClientWindow Style = Windowed
06:58:51.860945 : ClientWindow Location (px) = [ 104, 104 ]
06:58:51.860945 : ClientWindow Size (px) = [ 993x519 ]
06:58:51.860945 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1306, -132 ]
06:58:51.860945 : Game Window Rect (Px) = [ 960x480 ]
06:58:51.860945 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 03C0, 0000 ]
06:58:51.861942 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 960, 0 ]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:30:15 pm by dgrace »

MidLifeCrisis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 10:39:23 am
  • And... It's broke again... and so am I
You are using the wrong rom name- should be jp

Info from last release notes

Changed "Jurassic Park" rom parameter from "-rom=jpark" to "-rom=jp" in order to avoid conflicts with the jpark MAME rom in MameHooker config.

Thank you so much! This was driving me batty!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 02:53:41 am by MidLifeCrisis »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Argonlefou,

You recently added support for Bug Busters, unfortunately the rom name clashes with a Mame game called Beast Busters, both are seen by MameHooker as bbusters.

Would it be possible to change the Bug Busters one, like you did for Jurassic Park recently.

As always a huge thank you for everything you do.

Kind regards

Changed in last DemulShooter V12 update  :cheers:
Thanks !

UPDATE: I ended up just re-soldering/switching the wires on the AE guns to fix the inverted axis issues. All seems to be well. Thx
UPDATE: Tested with Rabbids Hollywood and the inverted axis switching in game works. So it's gotta be something i'm doing wrong with games like JP, Term, and Aliens Arm. I'll keep testing.
Another UPDATE: Transformers and Sega Dream Raiders work fine too, as far as the axis inverting in game. Maybe it's a raw thrills issue, since so far it's just JP, Term and Aliens Arm.

Hi, sorry for the late answer but..... rawthrill games have no input support with DemulShooter......only outputs.
That's why you can't invert axis with these games  :-[

TapeWormInYourGut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 12:25:44 am
Hello :)

I've just upgraded to the new version and it seems that Mamehook stopped receiving the input for Flycast (v2.2), at least for hotd (arcade). Wondering if anything could have changed there? If I switch back to version 11.7.0, the outputs starts to appear in mamehook again.

The taskbar icon for Demulshooter is green with both v11.7.0 and v12, and the hover text shows the correct info for both as well. It just seems that mamehook stopped seeing it. For reference, this is what I'm executing:
DemulShooterX64.exe -noinput -target=flycast -rom=hotd2

Please disregard. I just realized that the config has a setting to enable outputs, and I needed to set that to true. Everything works :p
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 06:43:19 pm by TapeWormInYourGut »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Having a strange issue with Dolphin.  When I load Resident evil the darkside chronicles or umbrella chronicles, demulshooter hooks, but player 2 has no directional movement, however the buttons work .  All my other Dolphin gun games work properly and the controller setup is the same.  I'm really stumped.
Also does anyone know an AHK script to launch specific games from Flycast?   Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 10:26:54 am by DMB77 »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon, could you please better explain how the new network outputs work? I'm a little confused. Can you please give an example of what you would use it for? Is it for that new QMamehook program? 
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 01:51:09 am by dgrace »

ThatOneSeong

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:31:19 pm
  • Just your average Seong.
    • Twitter
Hi Argon, could you please better explain how the new network outputs work? I'm a little confused. Can you please give an example of what you would use it for? Is it for that new QMamehook program? 
Thanks
I would guess so, given I haven't seenany other generalized client for handling MAME-style network outputs before I did. :P

The reason it's necessary is that, if using DemulShooter on Linux (thru Wine), having a native program like QMamehook to handle routing the signals to gun controllers is just exponentially more convenient than having to install, launch, and generally deal with Mamehooker (which has to be running in the same prefix as the game and DS). If you're on Windows and using/need/are comfortable with Mamehooker already, then this doesn't apply to you and you can continue using the original window messages output method as before.