Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME Cab upgraded - WG d9200 Not turning on without help!  (Read 2858 times)

Grometnj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2021, 06:21:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MAME Cab upgraded - WG d9200 Not turning on without help!
« on: September 29, 2019, 02:51:14 pm »
Hey everyone,

Been a while since I have been on these boards.

I built a MAME Cabinet back in 2003 that is still going strong.

Here is a link to a thread on this forum to when I was building the CAB (I don't have accesss to the email of that old profile and have no idea what my password was, LOL)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=10761.0

The system was running on it's original hardware up until a few weeks ago. I made the genius decision to do some upgrades.

I replaced the PC hardware with an i3 (Lenovo ThinkServer TS140) system I had sitting around. The old system was running windows XP and was unable to get online anymore, run updates etc. the new system is running windows 10 Home.

When I went to put my ArcadeVGA card in the i3 system I realized the ArcadeVGA card used and AGP connection and the new motherboard was all PCie. oops.

Ok, so I plan on picking up a new ArcadeVGA card in the near future. but in the meantime, I'm trying to get it at least working with what I have. (Kids are wanting to play the cabinet)

Currently no matter if I use the onboard video connections or a dedicated video card (i have tried multiple kind) The WG d9200 will no get a signal UNLESS I have a second monitor hooked up the system.

With a second monitor connected If I tell windows the second monitor is either 800 x 600 or 640 x 480 it will turn on. but without the secondary monitor I get nothing.

Keeping this system connected to a secondary monitor is not going to last long term.

do any of you have any idea why this is happening or how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

-Gromet

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: MAME Cab upgraded - WG d9200 Not turning on without help!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:25 pm »
Secondary monitor in your mind, perhaps. Look in your display adapter control panel. Verify the default display, and type if necessary.

coryb1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2019, 11:57:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:48 pm »
I'm curious, did you get the ArcadeVGA card? Did it fix your issue? I'm having a similar issue with a WGM-2792 monitor(which may or may not be the same thing as yours). When I boot the PC, it pops up "Out of range". If I plug the PC into a different monitor and change the resolution to 800x600, then plug it back into the Wells, it works fine.
I suspect the Wells doesn't have EDID information and with the lack of that information Windows 10 loads a default resolution which seems to be out of the range for my Wells. 

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »
I'm curious, did you get the ArcadeVGA card? Did it fix your issue? I'm having a similar issue with a WGM-2792 monitor(which may or may not be the same thing as yours). When I boot the PC, it pops up "Out of range". If I plug the PC into a different monitor and change the resolution to 800x600, then plug it back into the Wells, it works fine.
I suspect the Wells doesn't have EDID information and with the lack of that information Windows 10 loads a default resolution which seems to be out of the range for my Wells. 

Yep. Slight change in scanrate or refresh will nix it. The timing convention used by 7 and 10 must be different.