Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AT Games being dragged through court by Namco  (Read 4372 times)

Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2022, 07:05:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • MAME Development Blog
AT Games being dragged through court by Namco
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:16:31 am »
For the Arcade / NES bait+switch and unlicensed / counterfeit MS Pacman Arcade cab stuff

As I've stated a few times now these companies are shady as hell.

Wouldn't give a penny to AT Games, DreamGear or those doing the Arcade1UP stuff, don't personally trust any of them.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: AT Games being dragged through court by Namco
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
Wouldn't give a penny to AT Games, DreamGear or those doing the Arcade1UP stuff, don't personally trust any of them.

I wouldn't give them a penny because none of their products are worth that much.  ;D

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2022, 01:48:29 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:24:16 pm »
LOL not surprised in the slightest!

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 05:32:20 pm »
I saw one of the 1-Up machines in my local Smyths Toys store (UK) and honestly thought it looked totally cheap and horrible. I think it was about 500 too and included 3 almost identical Street Fighter 2 games.

I have no idea how these companies are getting licencing deals, especially from Capcom. Makes me  :cry: that they're making such a brilliant nostalgic games developer look nasty. No idea why they would do that deal.

The buttons and stick were also budget.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2022, 01:51:44 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
I saw one of the 1-Up machines in my local Smyths Toys store (UK) and honestly thought it looked totally cheap and horrible. I think it was about 500 too and included 3 almost identical Street Fighter 2 games.

I have no idea how these companies are getting licencing deals, especially from Capcom. Makes me  :cry: that they're making such a brilliant nostalgic games developer look nasty. No idea why they would do that deal.

Would agree with you at 500 - but for the $116 ( 95 ) Avg. I paid for the ones I have it was worth it.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 12:49:59 pm »
I have not seen a 1up at a reduced price anywhere over here yet.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2022, 01:51:44 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 03:06:39 pm »

Probably due to them being more limited availability and the added costs of distribution and extra fees and taxes getting them there.

I originally had planned on buying just the 1 (Pacman) on Black Friday sale for $249 - but then a local store marked them down to $150 a couple weeks after that - So I returned the one for a refund and bought 3 ( Pacman, Galaga, Asteroids) then a month or so later Thinkgeek had a Centipede cab on clearance for $100 so picked it up - then a while later Walmart marked down the Centipede and Asteroid cabs to $75 so I picked up a second of each for modding ( one vertical and 1 horizontal Mame cab) - So $700 total for 6 cabs.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:47 am »

Probably due to them being more limited availability and the added costs of distribution and extra fees and taxes getting them there.

I originally had planned on buying just the 1 (Pacman) on Black Friday sale for $249 - but then a local store marked them down to $150 a couple weeks after that - So I returned the one for a refund and bought 3 ( Pacman, Galaga, Asteroids) then a month or so later Thinkgeek had a Centipede cab on clearance for $100 so picked it up - then a while later Walmart marked down the Centipede and Asteroid cabs to $75 so I picked up a second of each for modding ( one vertical and 1 horizontal Mame cab) - So $700 total for 6 cabs.

You could be right about that but I suspect they will just sit and rot on shelves.
I have not heard of anyone actually buying one and at 500 each I would be amazed if anyone did! Thats around $625!

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 05:05:34 am »

Would agree with you at 500 - but for the $116 ( 95 ) Avg. I paid for the ones I have it was worth it.

Oh definitely. I still wouldn't buy one but for 95 is a steal and far quicker to mod one than building something from scratch. Capcom have brought out a capcom logo shaped double fighting stick cp with games. The quality looks great. Not sure if you have them yet in US I presume they arrived there first. That's the type of licenced product that makes sense. Not a cheaply made and looking (no offense if you have one) flat pack box with an emulator playing essentially 1 game. I just find it odd that they get licenses for these things at all.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 11:02:19 am »

Argos have had them reduced a couple of times.

Steet Fighter 2, Pacman and Space Invaders all 300 each at the minute. Admittedly not the same as the deals folks in the U.S. are getting but still 200 less than the 500 you quoted.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 11:31:55 am »

Argos have had them reduced a couple of times.

Steet Fighter 2, Pacman and Space Invaders all 300 each at the minute. Admittedly not the same as the deals folks in the U.S. are getting but still 200 less than the 500 you quoted.

Still 200 to much.....