Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AT Games being dragged through court by Namco  (Read 5347 times)

Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • MAME Development Blog
AT Games being dragged through court by Namco
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:16:31 am »
For the Arcade / NES bait+switch and unlicensed / counterfeit MS Pacman Arcade cab stuff

As I've stated a few times now these companies are shady as hell.

Wouldn't give a penny to AT Games, DreamGear or those doing the Arcade1UP stuff, don't personally trust any of them.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: AT Games being dragged through court by Namco
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
Wouldn't give a penny to AT Games, DreamGear or those doing the Arcade1UP stuff, don't personally trust any of them.

I wouldn't give them a penny because none of their products are worth that much.  ;D

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:24:16 pm »
LOL not surprised in the slightest!

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 05:32:20 pm »
I saw one of the 1-Up machines in my local Smyths Toys store (UK) and honestly thought it looked totally cheap and horrible. I think it was about £500 too and included 3 almost identical Street Fighter 2 games.

I have no idea how these companies are getting licencing deals, especially from Capcom. Makes me  :cry: that they're making such a brilliant nostalgic games developer look nasty. No idea why they would do that deal.

The buttons and stick were also budget.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
I saw one of the 1-Up machines in my local Smyths Toys store (UK) and honestly thought it looked totally cheap and horrible. I think it was about £500 too and included 3 almost identical Street Fighter 2 games.

I have no idea how these companies are getting licencing deals, especially from Capcom. Makes me  :cry: that they're making such a brilliant nostalgic games developer look nasty. No idea why they would do that deal.

Would agree with you at £500 - but for the $116 ( £95 ) Avg. I paid for the ones I have it was worth it.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 12:49:59 pm »
I have not seen a 1up at a reduced price anywhere over here yet.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 03:06:39 pm »

Probably due to them being more limited availability and the added costs of distribution and extra fees and taxes getting them there.

I originally had planned on buying just the 1 (Pacman) on Black Friday sale for $249 - but then a local store marked them down to $150 a couple weeks after that - So I returned the one for a refund and bought 3 ( Pacman, Galaga, Asteroids) then a month or so later Thinkgeek had a Centipede cab on clearance for $100 so picked it up - then a while later Walmart marked down the Centipede and Asteroid cabs to $75 so I picked up a second of each for modding ( one vertical and 1 horizontal Mame cab) - So $700 total for 6 cabs.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:47 am »

Probably due to them being more limited availability and the added costs of distribution and extra fees and taxes getting them there.

I originally had planned on buying just the 1 (Pacman) on Black Friday sale for $249 - but then a local store marked them down to $150 a couple weeks after that - So I returned the one for a refund and bought 3 ( Pacman, Galaga, Asteroids) then a month or so later Thinkgeek had a Centipede cab on clearance for $100 so picked it up - then a while later Walmart marked down the Centipede and Asteroid cabs to $75 so I picked up a second of each for modding ( one vertical and 1 horizontal Mame cab) - So $700 total for 6 cabs.

You could be right about that but I suspect they will just sit and rot on shelves.
I have not heard of anyone actually buying one and at £500 each I would be amazed if anyone did! Thats around $625!

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 05:05:34 am »

Would agree with you at £500 - but for the $116 ( £95 ) Avg. I paid for the ones I have it was worth it.

Oh definitely. I still wouldn't buy one but for £95 is a steal and far quicker to mod one than building something from scratch. Capcom have brought out a capcom logo shaped double fighting stick cp with games. The quality looks great. Not sure if you have them yet in US I presume they arrived there first. That's the type of licenced product that makes sense. Not a cheaply made and looking (no offense if you have one) flat pack box with an emulator playing essentially 1 game. I just find it odd that they get licenses for these things at all.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 11:02:19 am »

Argos have had them reduced a couple of times.

Steet Fighter 2, Pacman and Space Invaders all £300 each at the minute. Admittedly not the same as the deals folks in the U.S. are getting but still £200 less than the £500 you quoted.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 11:31:55 am »

Argos have had them reduced a couple of times.

Steet Fighter 2, Pacman and Space Invaders all £300 each at the minute. Admittedly not the same as the deals folks in the U.S. are getting but still £200 less than the £500 you quoted.

Still £200 to much.....