Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT 480i over component and nvidia help  (Read 1924 times)

zaktallica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2019, 07:44:21 pm
CRT 480i over component and nvidia help
« on: September 18, 2019, 02:45:24 pm »
I have a 27 inch crt 480i TV I use for a mame cabinet with a gts250 graphics card. I use S video and it works fine but I bought a s video to RGB Component dongle and im having issues.
I can only get my crt TV to display properly when I have a secondary lcd monitor plugged in. As soon as I unplug the monitor the crt image gets scrambled.

I can mess with display settings and nvidia control panel settings and even though it thinks its a HDTV I can force 640x480 interlaced and it looks great until I unplug my lcd screen and then it instantly stops working.
The screen worked fine after uninstalling nvidia drivers as well but if course it was blurry but it did display.....
The nvedia control panel always sees my TV as a HDTV and wont let me select a 480i resolution either.

Any advice? Are there legacy or 3rd party drivers that will help or do I need to get a more crt friendly card? Any card suggestion that are PCI-E is also helpful. Thanks!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: CRT 480i over component and nvidia help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:00:03 am »
No idea, really. It must be that the TV-out port won't work as a primary - like it's an extra input that's taking what it finds on another screen and scaling it to... whatever. I would have said 480i, for S-Video.

Look into CRT emudriver for a better solution. There's a guide to connecting a Windows 7/10 PC to an old CRT here - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87668-A-guide-to-connecting-your-Windows-PC-to-an-SD-CRT-TV-PVM-or-Arcade-Monitor

You might be on WinXP, but it's time to upgrade :)