Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: tried freeze dried food. We like them.  (Read 6569 times)

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
tried freeze dried food. We like them.
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:41:37 am »
wife and I tried some mountain house last week. very good we thought.
we have now joined thrive life. Our first order came in. I made a beef veg. soup.  We could not tell it was from freeze dried food.
open can has 1 year shelf life. not open has 25 year shelf life.
we went with thrive life because we can make our own meals.
i am not selling the product. just telling my experience with it. We like having a huge pantry. I turned a bedroom into a walk in pantry.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:57:30 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: tried freeze dried food. We like them.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:43:22 am »
Sorry. I prefer cooking actual food.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:50:56 am »
that is the thing. it is. nothing added. just fresh food frozen then freeze dried.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:57:46 am »
Everything you post sucks.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 09:33:45 am »
and I am not just a miserable person.
I see your a angry person in many of your posts.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 09:35:11 am »
I am a very jovial person. Morons make me angry. Good thing you don't post that often.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 10:28:10 am »
Yesterday, while be slave labor for an event, I was walking through Costco.  We'll put aside the discussion of what a personal failure I feel like for joining Costco for now.

My companion grabs a sample of "crispy, crunchy dried shittake mushroom."  I thought I was going to vomit.

The next sample was "moon cheese" that is dried cheese.  It tastes like mac and cheese that's been left out on a counter for 3 days.

So, not a fan of dried food at the moment.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 10:52:34 am »
My companion grabs a sample of "crispy, crunchy dried shittake mushroom."  I thought I was going to vomit.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 02:44:37 pm »
Mushrooms can be an acquired taste. I had trouble with them at times as a child, and though I love them can occasionally experience that 'lllkk' in my throat, just from the scent of them cooked. Plenty fine food can come out of many preserving processes, dependent on the process. I eat most things cold, so meat that is cooked and sealed and ready to pop open and eat. Rice and quinoa and a vegetable (from frozen) I make and have ready in the fridge. Whey protein runs through fast as well. And chocolate.

CCM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2020, 10:08:27 am
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 09:16:15 am »
I am a very jovial person. Morons make me angry. Good thing you don't post that often.

You don't sound jovial, you sound like an ---uvula---.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 09:17:54 am »
I don't like people who think it is okay to wreck mint condition cabs to multicade them. If that makes me an ---uvula--- I am fine with that.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 10:50:45 am »
I don't like people who think it is okay to wreck mint condition cabs to multicade them. If that makes me an ---uvula--- I am fine with that.

I'd wreck a mint condition A1Up though.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 10:52:44 am »

I'd wreck a mint condition A1Up though.
I would convert one into a toilet.
The king of the ---uvulas--- needs a proper throne.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 01:23:39 pm »
Out of curiousity I checked out this Thrive Life thing. Looks like some multi-level Amway type scam.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 01:39:05 pm »
 :laugh2:

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 08:15:07 pm »
Out of curiousity I checked out this Thrive Life thing. Looks like some multi-level Amway type scam.
I think the same way for the sells person. I am not selling. I just like the product .  Amway sold good products. Again I purchase not sell.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:32:47 pm by daywane »

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:17 pm »
I do not see why you brought the multicade to this forum. that post was in DEV boards and I was not the person who did the multicade.
so if someone does not agree with you , you fill the need to trash every place you can? call names ? seems to me you think life is your Jerry Springer show

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:56 pm »
 :jerry :jerry :jerry

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 08:51:56 pm »
Mike is good people. He's given way more to this community than a lot of members here. He may come off curt with his opinions, but he's just passionate about the hobby and has zero tolerance for entitlement.   I share that stance.  Some people are just stuck in their ways that even when experienced builders give them solid advice, they thumb their noses at it because it's not in line with what they "personally feel".  Ffff that. If you're broadcasting your stuff on a public forum, fishing for compliments, I say you deserve any and all backlash from people who see it as it is. If you don't want people's honest opinions, stay off public forums.

On topic: 
I actually like Freeze Dried Fruits.  Apparently freeze drying fruits retains almost all of its nutritional value, while increasing preservation.  They make great for camping, and survival packs.  As a resident of California, I have to have an earthquake survival kit for our family.  Freeze Dried Fruits is in our kit.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 09:49:02 pm »
Mike is good people. He's given way more to this community than a lot of members here. He may come off curt with his opinions, but he's just passionate about the hobby and has zero tolerance for entitlement.   I share that stance.  Some people are just stuck in their ways that even when experienced builders give them solid advice, they thumb their noses at it because it's not in line with what they "personally feel".  Ffff that. If you're broadcasting your stuff on a public forum, fishing for compliments, I say you deserve any and all backlash from people who see it as it is. If you don't want people's honest opinions, stay off public forums.

Mike may be good people, but his posts leave a lot to be desired. There is a variety of ways to express an opinion without being an ass.

Sure, we can have opinions, but we also have rules. Rule #1 is "Be nice to each other", and while that's a pretty subjective rule that needs to be interpreted, at least 3 of us think he's being rude, so that would seem to violate rule 1. So maybe this might have been a time that his "passionate opinion" crossed the line?

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 10:09:56 pm »
So maybe this might have been a time that his "passionate opinion" crossed the line?
Well none of Mike's opinions have been to the level of pbj 1.0 style harshness way back when, and he was operating here for a long time before the pbj-pocalypse and the more mellow pbj 2.0 emerged.
Saint gave pbj 1.0 some warnings back then, but I haven't seen anything Mike has said that would warrant the mods stepping in.

Mike is just curt. I don't see him being to the level of calling people pieces of garbage and tell them to ffff off *cough*cough*howard*cough.  (though H_C and I have been cool for the past little while. Things were definitely in violation of #1 there for a time).

But if the 3 of you feel that Mike needs reprimanding, feel free to use the Report to Moderator feature and let the mods decide.  It's not our job to police each other, that's what the mods are for. 

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 10:11:18 pm »
So what is my punishment Lew? Are you going to spank me?

I think you should direct some of your self righteous anger at CCM

You don't ever seem to care about the rules unless its to quote them to me.

He was a big meanie and called me names.

The way I handled it is I read the comment, and I laughed. I also think he is right in this case.

I PM'd Phouglas and apologized. I was really trying to help him and he was insulted.

I was going to do the same with Daywane tonight, but he had to drag things on.

You see Lew, I can police myself and admit when I am wrong. I just don't feel the need to inform you.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 10:23:33 pm »
So maybe this might have been a time that his "passionate opinion" crossed the line?
Well none of Mike's opinions have been to the level of pbj 1.0 style harshness way back when, and he was operating here for a long time before the pbj-pocalypse and the more mellow pbj 2.0 emerged.
Saint gave pbj 1.0 some warnings back then, but I haven't seen anything Mike has said that would warrant the mods stepping in.

Mike is just curt. I don't see him being to the level of calling people pieces of garbage and tell them to ffff off *cough*cough*howard*cough.  (though H_C and I have been cool for the past little while. Things were definitely in violation of #1 there for a time).

But if the 3 of you feel that Mike needs reprimanding, feel free to use the Report to Moderator feature and let the mods decide.  It's not our job to police each other, that's what the mods are for.

Can't say I've ever used the report to moderator feature - can't see why I would start now.

Pointing out other peoples bad behavior to justify someone elses bad behavior just proves my case.  :dunno

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 10:27:20 pm »
So what is my punishment Lew? Are you going to spank me?

I think you should direct some of your self righteous anger at CCM

You don't ever seem to care about the rules unless its to quote them to me.

He was a big meanie and called me names.

The way I handled it is I read the comment, and I laughed. I also think he is right in this case.

I PM'd Phouglas and apologized. I was really trying to help him and he was insulted.

I was going to do the same with Daywane tonight, but he had to drag things on.

You see Lew, I can police myself and admit when I am wrong. I just don't feel the need to inform you.

I just wanted to point out that apologizing in private, and being a internet tough guy in public is super lame? lol., Here's an idea - how about be the same person...

I'm out. Nothing left to say except the same things we've gone over plenty in the past. I'll look for my apology PM and nicer MikeA tomorrow.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 10:28:01 pm »
What is your case? That you are a self righteous ---tallywhacker---? Mission accomplished.

This whole thing was over yesterday. Thanks for amplifying it.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 10:29:58 pm »
Pointing out other peoples bad behavior to justify someone elses bad behavior just proves my case.  :dunno
What point would that be?
You questioned if Mike crossed the line.

My statement only outlines there has been a president established and a limit to when said line was being crossed.

Mike isn’t there. Yet.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2019, 10:56:34 pm »
Yes... we have certainly established a president lately..... (precedent, opt)

I do get a chuckle out of the notion of “there is a line, and that line is pinballjim.”  Whenever I find an old post I go, man this dude is a dick... funny, but a dick.... and then I look left and.... oh.   :lol

Space Ice Cream.  Now that was some freeze dried garbage.  Also, it turns out they eat a lot of tortillas in space and nobody ever asks astronauts about it.  If you meet one, ask him how many he ate. 

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2019, 11:04:33 pm »
Precedent, thank you.  :-[

I always mess that one up.

I thought you nuked all your old pbj 1.0 posts?

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2019, 07:46:16 am »

On topic: 
I actually like Freeze Dried Fruits.  Apparently freeze drying fruits retains almost all of its nutritional value, while increasing preservation.  They make great for camping, and survival packs.  As a resident of California, I have to have an earthquake survival kit for our family.  Freeze Dried Fruits is in our kit.
I am not a noob. I have helped out in the past also.
daywane
Date Registered:February 26, 2002, 12:23:46 am

Mike A
Date Registered:June 27, 2015, 11:00:52 pm

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2019, 10:59:52 am »
Freeze-drying fruit increases the sugar content boatloads. Okay for active people of certain body type. Bad for city people who mostly sit on their ass.

@daywane: anything MLM/-seeming is evil you know. People chafe at being scammed by those they don't authorise.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:04:23 am by Mr. Peabody »

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 11:20:13 am »

On topic: 
I am not a noob. I have helped out in the past also.
daywane

Mike A
Date Registered:June 27, 2015, 11:00:52 pm

I didn’t say you were a noob.

And registration dates has nothing to do with being helpful or contributing.

So I don’t know why you resorted to cock measuring join dates. Defensive much?

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 08:44:23 pm »
wow. this sight really has changed.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 10:56:34 pm »
True, we now have content on Raspberry Pi and Arcade1ups.  Didn't have that in the old days.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 11:41:43 pm »
daywane

Ond
Date Registered: January 10, 2009, 07:30:41 pm

Wanna measure up to the mighty Ond, daywane?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 11:54:40 am »
wow. this sight really has changed.

They say as you get older, your vision is the first thing to go...
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 12:48:21 pm »
Everything changes when you hit the big one-oh.  Your legs start to go, candy doesn’t taste as good anymore . . .

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 12:59:37 pm »
There is no point to waxing on about how friendly this place used to be. It used to be the most sarcastic place on the interwebs. That and poor spelling, model rocketry and a lot of cheesecake posts. People here are mellow compared to a decade + ago.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 03:13:22 pm »
There is no point to waxing on about how friendly this place used to be. It used to be the most sarcastic place on the interwebs. That and poor spelling, model rocketry and a lot of cheesecake posts. People here are mellow compared to a decade + ago.

I <3 Salty Vigo
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 04:22:31 pm »

I <3 Salty Vigo

Only getting saltier these days, brother!  :cheers:

Speaking of salty, this place is sorely missing out not having Malenko calling balls and strikes.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 05:59:51 pm »
Quote from: Vigo
Speaking of salty, this place is sorely missing out not having Malenko calling balls and strikes.

Where is that Mofo?