Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: EmuCRT display only on PVM?  (Read 2225 times)

DCRX2020

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 10:15:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
EmuCRT display only on PVM?
« on: September 14, 2019, 07:01:09 pm »
Hello all, new here.

I have everything setup with GroovyMame and Emu CRT except one thing: I can't display only on my PVM.

I have a PVM-14M2U and outputting from an HD5440 (the exact same one as the ArcadeVGA modded one,) and using a VGA to 5 BNC. Everything works totally fine until I remove my second monitor which is being output through HDMI. Once I take it out, it seems the resolution to the PVM just messes up, and no matter what setting I change it to, it will not display anything correctly until I plug the second monitor back in. While I know this doesn't sound major, but my point is to JUST use the PVM only so my second monitor doesn't get burn-in and to save electricity.

I've seen many FAQs that said to restart the computer after applying the mame settings to ECRT, but then after that, my PVM resolution just never works, either.

Any idea what I should do? Thank you.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: EmuCRT display only on PVM?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:40:10 pm »
Just to confirm, you're not using an actual ArcadeVGA, right? Just a normal Radeon HD 5450? Not a mobility card, not a card with one of those DMS-59 dual-monitor-solution cards, not something else?

Did you follow the guide for the Radeon HD 5000 series (and up) cards to the letter? -- http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=301

Are you sure you're targeting the right port on the GPU with the EDID emulation? Are you extending your desktop (as you're meant to) and not using cloned monitors in windows? Did you make sure you have the right version of crt_emudriver for your card and your OS? Tell us which version of each you're using, pls, and where you downloaded the driver :)

Are you on Windows 10? If so, have you tried disabling fast start, along with setting windows to "hide modes this monitor cannot display" and stopping and disabling the windows service called AMD External Events Utility? I doubt it's any of these last in this case, but they'll help clear things up. They should be done after you install the driver as per the guide above.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:49:10 pm by buttersoft »

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:59:06 pm
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:35:50 am »
I had the exact same problem recently. I recall I fixed it by using VMMaker to Delete All Custom Modes then rebooting and repeating the later steps of the installation guide.

I had swapped cards and something was stuck in the registry, have you perhaps swapped cards too?

DCRX2020

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 08:03:18 am »
 Thanks for the reply guys. I guess I left out quite a bit of info.

It's not the original ArcadeVGA, but it's the exact same model looks exactly the same card as it (I guess minus the firmware,) using Windows 7 X64. I did follow the guide, but when I restarted without the secondary monitor (main monitor,) the Pvm just seemed to not work, even with the proper mode I already set, but works again if I have second monitor plugged back in.

I believe I'm using emu crt b2 or something, like the very first one in the guide. I'll mess with it again on Saturday, as it usually takes time to hook up and I work through the week days, but I'll try both your suggestions til then, thanks!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 10:49:26 pm »
Where did you get Beta2 at this stage, lol? You want to be using the latest version of the driver for your card and OS, unless you have a very specific reason not to.

DCRX2020

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 10:15:36 pm »
Sorry, I just meant to say I have the latest version of the software.

However I figured out how to fix it thanks to a different faq that I found either on YouTube or some other board, but my problem was that I just that I didn't enable EDID on the right port lol. Seems many had that problem as well.
Thanks yall!