Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hyperspin MAME Xin Mo Support  (Read 4128 times)

hypergaming

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 09:51:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hyperspin MAME Xin Mo Support
« on: September 14, 2019, 12:35:54 pm »
Hi friends,

I wanted to see if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having. I have Hyperspin installed, with just MAME games, I have not set up the buttons just yet, I notice when I hit Enter on the keyboard to enter one of the games, I get the following message ( see image attached ), its about joytokey, can anyone share some info that can help me get this going? I just want to play MAME on Hyperspin!! :'( :'( :'(

Thanks everyone!!

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: Hyperspin MAME Xin Mo Support
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:30:19 am »
Were you wanting to use joytokey? Also are you using RocketLauncher?

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:49:36 pm »
Hey there,

thanks for replying, Im actually using Hyperlaunch and hyperhq.

Tyring to get xin mo to allow me to browse and enter games but I get the same error. :(

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 01:37:28 pm »
Was out of town and not able to check my home computer.  When I get back home today I'll take a look, but just an FYI Hyperlaunch is deprecated.  Everything is now run through RocketLauncher.  Just to be clear, you have game pads (like XBox 360 controllers, or NES, or SNES controllers for example) that you want to use to navigate and select in Hyperspin?

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »
well it happens that the set up I have is already with games and all, it was fully functional at the time I took it out of a bartop. I understand it might be an outdated version of hyperspin but it worked perfect, and this error was not there before, so I'm 100% sure hyperspin. hyperlaunch is not the issue.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 12:10:07 pm »
well it happens that the set up I have is already with games and all, it was fully functional at the time I took it out of a bartop. I understand it might be an outdated version of hyperspin but it worked perfect, and this error was not there before, so I'm 100% sure hyperspin. hyperlaunch is not the issue.

Understood, I didn't get a chance to look at this on my machine, but I will tonight.  Although my experience came after Hyperlaunch, I have looked at it and it looks almost the same as RocketLauncher (makes sense, as it is really a new new name with some additional features).  So I should be able to reference things in RocketLauncher and it should translate to Hyperlaunch.  I know that you said it's Hyperspin, there is one section that you can choose to launch programs at start or shutdown:

Perhaps this is the issue and you don't have the location defined for JoytoKey?

The reason I believe your issue is Hyperlauncher is you will note in the picture you posted that it references Hyperlauncher and the missing location of the .ini for Joytokey:  C:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\Profiles\JoyToKey

I looked up an image of Hyperlaunch for the Joytokey location, and it looks similar to RocketLauncher:

Profiles for using JoytoKey show up in the lower portion where it says "Name".  If you don't use JoytoKey you can delete the profile there and it should make your problem go away.  If you do use JoytoKey, then you can edit the location of JoyToKey by selecting the profile, and I believe right click to get a menu to do so.

I can confirm this when I can play with it tonight.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 11:46:11 am »
I got a chance to look at this last night.  Thankfully everything looks the same in RocketLauncher.  So yeah the problem is definitely in HyperLaunch.  I highlighted the points of the error output that led me to that conclusion:

The recomendation that I made above is true in RocketLauncher as well:

So you will need to either delete the JoyToKey profile in Keymapper as indicated in the above image, or edit it and point to your JoyToKey.ini (it should be in your HyperLaunch folder in a folder called "profiles", but possible you had it stored elsewhere).  The JoyToKey.ini can be placed anywhere, you just have to tell HyperLaunch where to find it.  Again this is only necessary if you are using gamepads that show up in windows as a joypad that you want to convert the inputs to key strokes to allow the gamepads to control Hyperspin.  If you don't need that functionality then you can just delete the JoToKey profile.

Does this make sense?

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 10:17:56 pm »
Thanks much for all the help, for taking the time to look into it. I just saw this, been busy, but will give this  try tonight and get back to you. thanks again, I think you might be right, I think I saw the joytokey ini file somewhere else but seem strange to me so so I did not point to it. I will this time and see what happens, thanks again! Have a a good weekend.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 11:29:21 pm »
Word, you too!  Let me know how it turns out.