Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: Star Wars Arcade Cockpit in Indianapolis  (Read 2543 times)

bateyejoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2019, 08:44:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
FS: Star Wars Arcade Cockpit in Indianapolis
« on: September 24, 2019, 07:42:01 pm »
Original Star Wars Arcade Cockpit video game in full working condition. I’ve owned this arcade cabinet for more than 20 years and kept it at my office at work where it has occasionally been turned on and played. I really wanted to restore this eventually, but I no longer have the room for this game, so let me know if you’re interested. I would really like to see this go to someone who will fully restore it.

Imperfections
• The rear access door (access to the motherboard and monitor) is missing. As I recall, it was badly damaged and I disposed of it, but never got around to building a replacement.
• It has a 19” Wells Gardner monitor installed, not the original 25” Ampliphone.
• The bezel around the monitor is in poor shape since it doesn’t fit the monitor well.
• There are some small chunks missing in the particle board around some edges.
• The decals are worn and slightly faded as you would expect of a game this old.
• There are a couple pieces of gum stuck to the game. Never tried to remove them.
• The entire unit is a little dusty, as you would expect for its age.
• Top rear panel is a little loose.
• Top rear smoked plexiglass has initials J.H. scratched in it. Scratches aren’t too deep, but maybe too deep to buff out.

Enhancements
• Marquee looks to be in good condition
• I’ve installed a mod that adds the Empire Strikes Back game. Switching between Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back is done by flipping a switch on the back.
• I’ll included an uninstalled mod that improves the vector geometry on the Wells Gardner monitor. I never got around to installing this mod because I was happy with the Wells Gardner picture.
• I installed new control yoke handles and all switches and axes on the control yoke are fully functional.
• I’m including the original manual, the service manual including schematics, and the service manual for the monitor.

Most of the imperfections can be fixed with a little effort by anyone that’s handy. Furthermore, this is a good sturdy cabinet and it’s ripe for restoration by the right individual.

Game is located in Indianapolis, IN. Asking $4500.

bateyejoe

• Offline Offline
Re: FS: Star Wars Arcade Cockpit in Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 07:49:06 pm »
More Pics

bateyejoe

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:58 pm »
More Pics 2

bateyejoe

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 07:52:52 pm »
More Pics 3