Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

Which do you like best?

Soft Touch Micro (Standard)
0 (0%)
Micro Leaf
0 (0%)
True Leaf Pro
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: GGG Switch options  (Read 14213 times)

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
GGG Switch options
« on: September 06, 2019, 01:54:26 pm »
So I have been sitting on some projects forever, I finally am getting one off the ground and have long had my eye on the Electric Ice buttons from Randy.

I can not find another concave opaque button like this on the market.

My intent was to buy a button with each switch type to evaluate before placing a larger order.
Unfortunately it appears this is the last batch and I don't think I have time to place 2 orders.  :cry:

The switches are cheaper if you buy them when buying the buttons, rather than separately.

I could only find 1 review thread on the switches and it left me still wondering which was the best.
So I need everyone help on deciding which switches I should order.

The standard soft touches sound plenty good enough but wondering if the micro leaf or true leaf are worthy upgrades.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: GGG Switch options
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:36:44 am »
The type of games you play will usually help to decide on the buttons.  If you are a fighter type of game player then go with the micros but if you are a classics player (Donkey kong, popeye, galaga, space invaders etc) then go with the true leaf.

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
Re: GGG Switch options
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:09:53 pm »
more of the late 80s and on ward, not much of the real classics other than burger time and galaga

I remember hearing a lot of people complain about games like 88 games and not being able to hit track times on micro's

wonder if the micro leafs are worth it over the soft touch?
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases