Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade Maximus/Daphne issues  (Read 15700 times)

Sluke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2020, 04:32:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade Maximus/Daphne issues
« on: September 04, 2019, 10:46:02 pm »
I received a laserdisc rom collection from online.  They came on 4 discs.  I uploaded all files and drug them over to the “put MAME ROMs here” desktop file.  I launched Maximus arcade, went to config screen, picked daphne as emulator, forced a rescan of all files, closed that window and waited.  Maximus started up, but no daphne games when I click on the emulator(except for dragons lair 1, which came pre-loaded from x-arcade).

If anyone can point me to a walkthrough or tutorial to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: Arcade Maximus/Daphne issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 04:44:00 pm »
There isn't, as no front end natively handles Daphne. Daphne uses framefiles, within certain file locations, and these have to be passed on to the front end, typically using batch files.

portugese pirate

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2019, 05:51:25 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 03:58:19 pm »
only way i have gotten it to work was with daphneloader.exe off the web

MacDLSA

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2022, 02:45:12 am
  • There's a room where the light won't find you
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 07:07:54 am »
I use MA since years and I always set up the Daphne emulator (of which I was a part of the Team, for Italy/Europe) with batch files only.
Many of the LaserDiscGames have many variations (as in the case of Dragon's Lair in the US F2, Enhancements, Prototype, Euro or Italian versions) and only in this way they can be placed in the playable list.
Obviously I also edited the fonts and the background and foreground screens to make the "Batch files" menu configured as Daphne.
The list also includes batch files to start the only two laserdiscgames well emulated by Mame: Cube Quest and, above all, the splendid FireFox.

Hardware Asrock775 + IntelQuad9200, ATI Radeon X300, CRT Emudrivers, 20 "CRT Mivar TV

Welcome to your life
there's no turning back.
Even while we sleep
we will find you
acting on your best behavior.
Turn your back on mother nature