Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HyperSpin running at 2560x240 resolution  (Read 1482 times)

alex_bb23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 04:18:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade cabinet!
HyperSpin running at 2560x240 resolution
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:48:41 am »
I saw that the HyperSpin is displayed correctly at resolution 2560x240@60Hz and to be honest, the result is fantastic: no flickering, and you get lovely scan-lines with an arcade monitor on attract mode :)

The problem is shows up when you are running a game (with GroovyMame), the switch resolution is working but the aspect ratio is messed up because the image is tight in the middle. Of course, you can ease fix by modifying inside of mame.ini and change aspect auto with aspect 4:3 and almost everything go back to normal. The problem with this setup is that you get a small black border on the sides (left and right). It is not a big problem but I hope this can be fixed: maybe modifying the ”HFrontPorch” and “HBackPorch” or I’m wrong?

If somebody has a different opinion how to fix that, please let me know.

Thank you!