Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Building Entertainment Center for consoles etc  (Read 7984 times)

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Building Entertainment Center for consoles etc
« on: August 30, 2019, 08:54:44 pm »
So I was going to try and build the large vertical monitor neo geo this year, but it isn't going to happen.  I did though manage to finish the decking of in the garden properly, I got the Gazeebo up and managed to get some time in on the hot tub before summer ended  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:.  So as the decking was complete and I no longer had a Gazeebo and hot tub taking up precious room I managed to rearrange all my tools and actually get my summer house back available to me. Yay finally  :laugh2: :laugh2:  It's only a little summerhouse which is less than 8ft x 8ft internal space.  But in there I have a lot of stuff. 

I have a Soft modified Wii, Soft modified Wii-u, Jtag Xbox 360 with DVD Removed and put into HD DVD Casing for extra cooling, Soft Modded PS3, Complete 5.1 THX Stereo setup, 36" TV and 43" TV (The 43 should go into Neogeo when built). I also have a Dell Venue tablet and docking station for Kodi/Youtube etc.   

Looking at this pile of Electronics and stuff I realised that I need to get it arranged and sorted, At the moment it is just haphazardly piled up and cabling is a complete mess.  I looked at the space that everything is piled into and measured it to find I have available to me a whole 48.5" wide x 15" deep (Any deeper and I would have to move plug sockets, any wider and I'm into door territory). Once I had the measurements for everything that needed to go into the unit I sat and doodled down on a piece of paper how I see the layout.

Once I had a crappy 2d sketch I transferred it all to Sketchup and this is what I ended up coming up with.

(Unfortunately the Subwoofer is 18 Deep so sticks out)

(Yes that is a lot of electronics for a small shed)

(The Green Strips are LED Strips which I plan to use for ambient lighting, or flashing in time to the music)

(Putting some more strips on the back, just because I have lots of them).

The unit as designed means that 1 sheet of 4 x 8 18mm (Furniture Ply or MDF, not sure yet) should build it all.
Base will be exactly 48" wide and depth will be 13" Height will be around 54"
This works out well as If I get the 4 x 8 cut into 7 strips at 13" and 1 at 5
2 x full lengths
4 get cut in half, which gives me the 8 x 24" uprights
1 gets cut to fit for all the shelves
the 5" bit can get run through the table saw to give me 2 of 24" x 3.5" Kickboards, and 4 of 12" x 1.5 Kickboards

The entire thing will be put together with Pocket Screws and Glue.

I have some spare Tmolding in Red and Black,  So I may very well finish off the frontage with that.

Things not yet decided,  What kind of finish do I want,  If I go with MDF I can either Spray or Vinyl wrap without issue, But it will be heavy as hell (Maybe should change out the legs for wheels).
If I go for furniture ply it will be a bit lighter, but will the finish be as smooth, I worry about splintering etc on edges when using ply (Only used for door of shed previously so not massively experienced with it)

Cable tidying/running,  There are a lot of cables for all of these items, I will have 2 x 6 way extensions under the unit hopefully that should pretty much cover everything I need to plug in, It's just making sure that the cables don't look an utter mess afterwards,  I think I will probably go with cable tidy tube and some plumbing clips. The only good news there is that my new Amp has 5 HDMI Inputs so most of the consoles can go straight through the amp.

If I fit a back to the unit it will be a single sheet of white 3mm hardboard with relevant holes for cables.

So there we have it, my next project is ready to rumble, I just need to find somewhere local that can cut the wood into 13" strips and it shouldn't take too long. 

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Building Entertainment Center for consoles etc
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 05:38:09 am »
So I can managed to find some 8x4 18mm MDF from a local store which still has a cutting service. Hoping to pop along today and get a sheet ripped down.  Going to go with MDF and Vinyl (Unless I find some cheap laminate).

Gonna probably use the following vinyl
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-MTR-Roll-Self-Adhesive-Sign-Making-Vinyl-Sticky-Back-Plastic-Fablon-Type-24/201135152931?hash=item2ed496df23:m:m7jeT_4yO-KcJvHHRV0N6Bw

So final design with wrap and tmolding it should look a lot like this. Last picture shows it with kickplate in place, I'll adjust the legs to leave a 1/4" Gap at the bottom for light to shine through.

shponglefan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 am
  • Correct horse battery staple
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 02:25:00 pm »
I'm curious, why put the subwoofer and left/right speakers in the cabinet?

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »
I'm curious, why put the subwoofer and left/right speakers in the cabinet?

A lack of space to otherwise locate them is the only real reason :) I could possibly jerry rig them up to the ceiling or something and have a bit more free space, whatever I do with them will be better than their current location which is under a bench :) 

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »
Only suggestion I would make is to find a way to make the bottom a slide out drawer to store the various cables you'll have.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:42:35 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 07:33:41 pm »
Only suggestion I would make is to find a way to make the bottom a slide out drawer to store the various cables you'll have.
. . . and alternate/spare controllers.   ;D

Scott

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »
Quick question -

I also have a Wii and Wii-u. I use a HDMI switcher between them and that works fine, but I manually switch the sensor bar. You only have 1 sensor bar in the drawing, do you have a way to switch between them other than manually pulling the plug?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 10:56:45 pm »
Another quick question.... the wii u is just a superior wii with hdmi out, so why do you guys have both hooked up?  ;)

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 10:59:01 pm »
The reason I’m doing it is because I have different games on my wii than my wiiu

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 03:31:51 am »

This is a good idea, I'll look into it,  Either that or I will see how much space is under the small sofa and make something to go under it to store all the cables etc.

Quick question -

I also have a Wii and Wii-u. I use a HDMI switcher between them and that works fine, but I manually switch the sensor bar. You only have 1 sensor bar in the drawing, do you have a way to switch between them other than manually pulling the plug?
I have a wireless sensor bar, just runs off a couple of AAA batteries.

Another quick question.... the wii u is just a superior wii with hdmi out, so why do you guys have both hooked up?  ;)
I have my Wii as a dedicated setup to play all the Guitar heroes/Rock Band games. The Wii-U does all the other games.

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 09:15:20 am »
Put the subwoofer on the floor somewhere else in the room.  It will vibrate the whole entertainment center.  Maybe you can find a place behind a chair or something?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 03:32:13 pm »
That would be my suggestion as well.  Subs need to be in the floor behind a couch or something. 

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 06:20:00 pm »
Put the subwoofer on the floor somewhere else in the room.  It will vibrate the whole entertainment center.  Maybe you can find a place behind a chair or something?

Vibrate the entertainment center,  It vibrates the whole bloody shed  :laugh2: :laugh2: 

That would be my suggestion as well.  Subs need to be in the floor behind a couch or something. 

No room behind the couch without pulling it forward, then I wouldn't have enough room to play driving games comfortably.  It may fit at the end of the couch if I move all the guitars, actually that should be easy enough, I can just put some hooks into the wall and hang the guitars from there, Then I can put a box in the bottom corner for all the controllers and stuff or it could be somewhere for the steering wheel and stuff to go. Either way doesn't change the design.  Unfortunately shop only had 1/2 in mdf in stock, 3/4 is due in on Tuesday. I so miss having access to a work van :hissy:

pbj

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 06:25:14 pm »
All I ask is that you make them playable. I went to one of my bro's house last month, and mofo had a virtual boy and Sega Saturn amongst other gems but nary a power cable in sight. He gave me like a $20 glass of Sam Adam's Utopia but I still left unfulfilled. We ended up watching some bootleg of Shazam and I haven't had blue balls like that since the  90s.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 07:20:45 pm »

No room behind the couch without pulling it forward, then I wouldn't have enough room to play driving games comfortably.  It may fit at the end of the couch if I move all the guitars, actually that should be easy enough, I can just put some hooks into the wall and hang the guitars from there, Then I can put a box in the bottom corner for all the controllers and stuff or it could be somewhere for the steering wheel and stuff to go. Either way doesn't change the design.  Unfortunately shop only had 1/2 in mdf in stock, 3/4 is due in on Tuesday. I so miss having access to a work van :hissy:

I need to do something with my guitar hero stuff.... takes up waaay too much room.  My Dj hero controller could register for it's own zip code. 

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 03:11:27 am »
I put my sub on the floor to the side of the TV stand that is opposite the corner of the room, so the waves don't get trapped.

43'' seems minimum for that set-up. Lately my smallest monitor for general PCing is 47''.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:10:45 pm by Mr. Peabody »

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 08:03:07 am »
All I ask is that you make them playable. I went to one of my bro's house last month, and mofo had a virtual boy and Sega Saturn amongst other gems but nary a power cable in sight. He gave me like a $20 glass of Sam Adam's Utopia but I still left unfulfilled. We ended up watching some bootleg of Shazam and I haven't had blue balls like that since the  90s.

Don't worry, everything will be playable :) The only Blue Balls round here are mine :)

I need to do something with my guitar hero stuff.... takes up waaay too much room.  My Dj hero controller could register for it's own zip code. 
Ahhhh Balls,  now I remember what is already stored under the sofa :) 

I put my sub on the floor to the side of the TV stand that has a wall farther away, so the waves don't get trapped in the corner.

43'' seems minimum for that set-up. Lately my smallest monitor for general PCing is 47''.

The 43 is just a bonus item at the moment, It will ultimately be going into the NeoGeo build when I get round to it.  Then the screensize on the center will actually drop down to a 36" or 38". As its going to be in my shed and only really used by me myself and I, I don't think a bigger screen would help.   

In the house I do all my Pc'ing on either the 46" or the 65" in the living room.   Admittedly I would find it very hard to go back to a smaller screen for my day to day working stuff, but the shed is just my smokey hidey hole.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 04:38:03 pm »
Well I went and got the wood :) Got them to cut me off 7 strips at 330mm (13" in old money) and an off strip. £22 total cost. I didn't bother taking any photo's of the plain MDF as I am sure you all know what it looks like by now :)

I dropped it all off in the kitchen, made a cup of tea and then proceeded to mark 4 of the 48" x 13" boards in centre at 24" and used my Chop saw to cut them.
I really should have double checked my saws reach before making the first cut though as it is only 12.5" :) I dealt with it by getting the blade as close to the front as I could and then not cutting all the way through the middle. I did though cut all the way through the back edge. I then rotated the board 180 aligned the blade with the existing cut and then completed the cut.  This though did not leave me with a perfect set of matching boards.  So I said sod it and got the table saw out. I probably should have just done this at the beginning really :)

Me checking that the fence lines up perfectly with a Square and a tape measure :)  well actually I had just finished checking.

Trimming approx 1/16" off the boards

The offcuts :) (for some reason this image kept failing to upload, something about security checks, I had to resize it 3 times before it finally uploaded)

So we ended up with 8 uprights at 23.75x13.  3 shelves at 13.25 wide x 12 Deep (I had a spare piece of shelving that I used for these) and 2 shelves at 18.5 wide. I still have to cut the shelves for the game shelves, just need to empty and steal a shelf from the spare room for these :).

Then it was onto Priming,  a quick roll over and we have the following.

My cat approves

So that is currently where I am at.  Tomorrow I will finish priming, give everything a quick sand and do a dry fit.  I am still awaiting the vinyl to arrive,  I ultimately went with some Black and some Red Carbon Fibre, it's the same stuff that I used for the bezel on my bartop so I know that the finish is good.  £22 for 6Mtrs x 600mm (got 12 metres total, 6 red, 6 black)  I am hoping that this gives me just enough to cover everything.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 04:42:43 pm »
And I'm Back, and still making progress, although slow :)

So when I last left things they had been given a coat of primer on just 1 side,  Well I got up nice and early and got the other side of everything primed/sealed.  I gave it all an hour or so in the weak excuse for sunny weather we had sunday morning to let dry and then hit everything with 600 Grit sandpaper.  There weren't too many splodges or insects so this job went fairly quickly.  I didn't bother taking any pictures of this, we all know what paint looks like whilst drying, and I think we've all seen enough sanding in our lives.

I then made the decision to use Edge Banding rather than Tmold,  Mostly because I can't find my Slot cutter currently   :angry: :angry:

So here are all the uprights with edge banding on front edge, I'll leave the reverse bare just in case I do find my Slot cutter in the near future.

Look mum, I do know what an Iron and Baking paper is for :)

All edge banding completed

I then ran some tests with the POS Silverline Pocket hole Jig I got a while back,  yeah that was a waste of a fiver  :laugh2: I'll spend the money on a Kreg when I got some spare cash for tools. The drill just chewed up the liner it is meant to sit in, it didn't have size markings, basically it's a bit of a waste of time.  So I went back to the easy option.  Use TSquare to mark Centre Lines of Upright MDF Locations Clamped top and bottom together, put a 3 small holes through both boards for each of the uprights. Once I had my markings I used a 10mm Forstner bit to counter sink 1/4".  I then repeated this procedure for the 2 centre shelves.  I put everything into place and clamped up the centre shelves, then fitted the top, (Drilled holes using 2.5 drill bit and then used 1" size 3 screws to secure) I flipped it upside down, fitted the bottom and then fit shelves in.  I knew it was going to be tight, but I didn't think I would only have 2mm clearance for the Front and center speakers :) Anyway without further ado here is where I am finishing for tonight.

Tomorrow I shall tear it down again, wrap the shelves and the base as they don't have screw holes on face, glue those components into place then fill the holes on the sides and then decide what to do about the top. I may just make some little plugs/patches for the holes and pop them in to hide the screws.  I could use the little plastic mushrooms you get with Ikea furniture I suppose but they don't really sit flat.   

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 06:12:51 pm »
Ditch the center channel and just use a phantom with your L and Rs. It will free up space and possibly even sound a bit better.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 07:56:48 pm »
That's looking pretty good!

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 08:28:24 am »
So last night I wrapped the shelves, glued and screwed them back in and then wrapped the top and base, So once again there is progress although it has been slower then I would have liked. 

I have ordered some Kitchen Cabinet feet which I will install tonight , I will then cut a kickboard for things.

I am thinking of making a sliding drawer for the bottom left of the cabinet, PBJ was right when he said I will need somewhere for all the extra controllers and cables to go  :laugh2: :laugh2:

A couple of adjustments will be made to the cabinet,  where I have the shelves for games the outer edge will now be a 4ft piece attached directly to the side.
From this I will be mounting a small 15" Touchscreen wired to a small PC for selecting Music.   I will undoubtedly update my Sketchup plans shortly to show what I mean :)

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 05:11:01 pm »
And the promised sketchup plans  :laugh: Didn't do anything with it tonight because it was my late cover at work  :hissy: :hissy: At least I don't do the Friday anymore :laugh:

As the sub is going to go at the end of the sofa I played with the idea of putting in a large drawer or something in the bottom left. I've now decided easiest thing to do is put in another shelf with a box for controllers and stuff, then I can have a Wyse Thin Client on there to control the touchscreen for additional music player choice. 

I've also decided to put some support strips on the back of the unit to take any possible left right flex out of it. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 08:34:30 pm »
Lookin good esse!  Like the use of primary colors... I use schemes like that a lot myself but they rarely turn out that good.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »
In deciding to widen the game shelves I needed to get another piece of MDF cut, So have requested they cut 3 strips at 13" x 49.5" ( leaving offcut) and then 3 strips of 13" x 48" (Leaving offcut).
As I really only need 2 of the 13x49.5s that would leave me a fair chunk of wood. I could use it to replace the 1/2" particle board shelves in the shed, but nah, lets go back to a previous suggestion. 

Feature creep is officially setting in and I've decided to go with this although it will be a pull up front instead of drawers. just need to get some clever hinges and some pneumatic stops On one side I should have room for the power cables etc, on the other I got more storage, and boy do I need storage. My only concern is it's beginning to look a little bit odd, previously it was as tall as it was wide, now its about 10% taller than wide,  I dunno, just looks a little off.

Back to the Sketchup Drawing board and make a few adjustments and et voila,

I much prefer the scale of this one, anything else would require me to get even more MDF and then this starts to get more expensive then it warrants  :laugh2:

OK Final attempt with colour changes, so much procrastination now  :banghead:

For the hinges and stops I think I want something like this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/STARVAST-Support-Adjustable-Buffer-Cabinet/dp/B07G5D9N7X/ref=pd_sbs_60_2/258-9115168-3935618?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07G5D9N7X&pd_rd_r=9eaae65e-8b08-4797-b102-5b1a751fe8bd&pd_rd_w=A270V&pd_rd_wg=dRPxk&pf_rd_p=2b420a2f-6593-478e-8b5f-cb43865ff16f&pf_rd_r=5XZPZA70SNX0F8FDS93Y&psc=1&refRID=5XZPZA70SNX0F8FDS93Y

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2019, 01:19:26 pm »
Another day and another small update. And its another lesson on learning to measure multiple times before commiting.  The wife was looking at the unit and said, it's too big, it's not going to fit. (no pun intended). Well she was right It turns out the space I have is not the size I originally thought, and the unit would be 2" to wide to fit where I want to put it.  Fairy snuff,  I could rearrange the shed a bit, but I think I will just try again with a triple check before I cut anything. Because I glued and screwed I am not going to try cutting back down to size. Instead  I'll reuse the planned wings from build 1 to build the majority of build 2. 

Build 1 can replace the glass unit I have upstairs in the living room.  It's going to get some Yellow thrown in there as the wife will allow it in the living room as long as it fits a disney theme, Well Mickey mouse is basically White/Red/Black and Yellow, I have put a mock up below.  The wife ideally wants me to route out a couple of mickey symbols into the front door, I'm not sure if I will do this, time will tell.

And here is where the build is at in the real world.

Got to give the door a quick sand and another coat of paint.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 03:21:47 pm »
Well the door got a sand down and another coat, came out pretty good, even though I will be wrapping it  :laugh2:

Anyways whilst waiting for the yellow carbon fibre I decided to put the oversized unit upstairs, found the Feet for the TV and set everything up.  My god it makes a massive difference  having everything in it's own place, cabling is neat and tidy, bottom part was big enough to take the 360 and other junk until I get the Twin complete. I'm going to pick up some strapping to run over the TV Feet so they are as one with the top.
Amazed just how much it looks like the sketchup plan :)

As I said I was going to use the originally planned wings to make a slightly smaller twin.  So today I got off my fat ass and got on with it.

I'm going to say it was a lot quicker doing it a 2nd time then doing it the first time. I've learned a few things like remember to mark where you are going to put your shelves before you put everything together, Remember to add 2mm to measurements for kerf of cutting blade and lastly remember that the wife is absolutely useless at assisting in building stuff. I mean how hard can it be to put a bit of weight down on a bit of wood whilst I drill up into it :) (Once again no puns intended)

So here it is, just got to wait for the filler to dry, give it a sand and get the rest of the carbon fibre installed.  Not bad for a days work.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 08:28:31 pm »
Good work! Looks smart!

pbj

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 10:33:48 am »
My favorite part is how everything in that photo looks British.  The rug, the wallpaper, the woman on the TV screen.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:23 pm »
That interior looks....weird. Busy, messy. It could be US, too - from the 60s.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 05:01:35 pm by Mr. Peabody »

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:17 am »
That interior looks....weird. Busy, messy. It could be US, too - from the 60s.

A bit like your mind Mr Peabody a bit like your mind :) :) :)

And yeah It's busy but that isn't my default preference, unfortunately I don't get a preference where the wife is involved  :laugh2: :laugh2:  I didn't even get a preference in the summerhouse and that is meant to be my area entirely.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 06:45:10 pm »
My favorite part is how everything in that photo looks British.  The rug, the wallpaper, the woman on the TV screen.

She looks like Jen from the Brit-com The IT Crowd.

That turned out great Drnick.   It looks very functional and I like the color scheme.

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 11:10:44 pm »
And yeah It's busy but that isn't my default preference, unfortunately I don't get a preference where the wife is involved  :laugh2: :laugh2:  I didn't even get a preference in the summerhouse and that is meant to be my area entirely.

Your wife should be fired.
Are you using a shower curtain for your window blind? The wallpaper says you are over 80 and you are an old lady with 5 cats.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 12:19:11 am »
Could we please stop living room shaming Drnick?

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2019, 02:25:56 am »

Your wife should be fired.
Are you using a shower curtain for your window blind? The wallpaper says you are over 80 and you are an old lady with 5 cats.

My wife is not hired for her interior design choices. I have been with her 29 years and have no plans on firing her from the standing position of wife, I am more than happy with her job performance.

Nope, they are window curtains covering a large sliding patio door,  Bonus points for getting the number of cats right at least.

I'm now beginning to see one of the reasons why members here have just left over the years though. I may just go back to being a passive observer. Which would probably be a shame because there are less and less here who do offer useful and constructive (Although sometimes harsh) criticisms and advice. Yet there seems to be more and more unfunny, wit lacking, insecure, sometimes neurotic, numpty's posting.

Anyway I'm off to work now.

Could we please stop living room shaming Drnick?
What,  and take away what is obviously the highlight of an otherwise dull and boring day for them  :laugh2: :laugh2:

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2019, 03:40:16 pm »
you are an old lady with 5 cats.

Bonus points for getting the number of cats right at least.

Law of Fives.

My comment was neutral. I feel no way about the place. I don't live there. And I enjoyed Drnick's riposte to me.

The cabinet looks nice.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:42:16 pm by Mr. Peabody »