Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: OND's workshop - creating a workspace in the garage -FINISHED-  (Read 19962 times)

Alejo I

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:16:18 pm
  • Trying something new
Re: OND's workshop - creating a workspace in the garage -FINISHED-
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 06:16:52 am »
A normal person would have bought a Bluetooth speaker and call it a day, but I guess Ond gotta finesse on us like that.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 06:29:07 am »
I will see if I can track those tokens. The receipt from USPS said they don't have tracking capability in Australia. I don't know how long it takes for a package to get there.

The work space looks great.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2019, 04:50:32 am »
A normal person would have bought a Bluetooth speaker and call it a day, but I guess Ond gotta finesse on us like that.

Heh, well I have one those Bluetooth speakers but it's a really cheap one.  Sound quality is pretty ordinary.  The car sound system has a fairly grunty 50w x 4 channels so it seemed like a good choice.

I will see if I can track those tokens. The receipt from USPS said they don't have tracking capability in Australia. I don't know how long it takes for a package to get there.

The work space looks great.

No need to check Mike, they are here!

I'm really pleased with them, thanks for sending them. They will see use in my own machines for sure. Here they are completing my collection.

Pixelhugger

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 01:36:14 am
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »
DAMN! I'm honored and jealous at the same time. That is awesome!  :cheers:
Project mega thread HERE

Cornchip

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2023, 10:23:11 am
  • Thinking up more crap....
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2019, 11:07:35 pm »
 It's been years since I've been back here at BYOAC. And 'boom', I see a picture with a Mission Control part I made years ago. Amazing.   :)

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2020, 07:29:29 pm »
So.. this might be a side project for me this upcoming year.  Only problem is that I need a garage slab.  I have a detached one car garage that has asphalt for a floor.  It's a mess - completely coming apart.  Anyone know how much a garage slab would cost?  Once I get that the rest isn't too bad - the garage was renovated in 2013. 

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2020, 02:05:27 pm »
So.. this might be a side project for me this upcoming year.  Only problem is that I need a garage slab.  I have a detached one car garage that has asphalt for a floor.  It's a mess - completely coming apart.  Anyone know how much a garage slab would cost?  Once I get that the rest isn't too bad - the garage was renovated in 2013.

Well, I have my answer.  New driveway and garage slab are being quoted at roughly $8,000.  Ugh.  I have another guy coming out this week. 

What should I be asking for in terms of the garage floor?  I want it to be super smooth so I can sweep out sawdust and stuff.  Poured concrete is very rough.  Is there a top coat/sealant that I need to ask for?   :cheers:

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2020, 02:13:44 pm »
They make a newer concrete that has fiberglass in it.. they can get it pretty smooth..  They don't even reinforce it with metal anymore because the glass is stronger and doesn't rust.   I was going to seal mine..  but after they did it.. it wasn't worth the cost.. 
They can do a really nice job making it smooth/flat..

One thing to consider..  Garage floors typically have a slope to let water runoff (I forget how much... but front to back its a couple inches)
When I had my *garage* built - it was never going to be a garage for cars - it was always going to be shop space. (if we moved - then the next person could make it into a car garage)

I had my floor poured LEVEL..  You have to be very specific with them if you go this way.. or they will slope it..  Level is better for shop space..

My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2020, 11:45:10 am »
They make a newer concrete that has fiberglass in it.. they can get it pretty smooth..  They don't even reinforce it with metal anymore because the glass is stronger and doesn't rust.   I was going to seal mine..  but after they did it.. it wasn't worth the cost.. 
They can do a really nice job making it smooth/flat..

One thing to consider..  Garage floors typically have a slope to let water runoff (I forget how much... but front to back its a couple inches)
When I had my *garage* built - it was never going to be a garage for cars - it was always going to be shop space. (if we moved - then the next person could make it into a car garage)

I had my floor poured LEVEL..  You have to be very specific with them if you go this way.. or they will slope it..  Level is better for shop space..

Thanks for the tips.  I will definitely ask for a level pour and the fiberglas concrete.  There is no realistic way to even fit a car in my garage.  It is detached and it is one bay and the only place to store the lawnmower, snowblower, etc.  Sheds are not allowed.  So this will be 1/2 shop and 1/2 storage and never ever for a car.

Also, when we first moved in we tried using it as a garage and our old Camry (the most generic car ever) only left a couple of inches to spare in the front and back of the car (we put down a piece of wood for the front tires to hit) and you couldn't open the doors all the way to get in and out.  My house is so old (100 years) so maybe this is where they used to keep the horses hahaha

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2020, 12:00:08 pm »
There is no realistic way to even fit a car in my garage.

Sure there isn’t