Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Frustrated Noob Stumped w/ APAC  (Read 2330 times)

Donkey-Kong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2019, 03:21:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Frustrated Noob Stumped w/ APAC
« on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »
 :soapbox:

TLDR: I'm new to this, and my controls are not working properly on APAC. Is there a quality universal remapper that I can use..can someone be patient to walk me through any errors?

Like a chimpanzee that is building a rocket because he one day dreamed to see the stars...i have came so far with my first emulation project, but I am so close to having a nice bonfire with it because I have hit a hard brick wall and there is nothing on the internet to research on how to fix it. This is my last attempt at trying to fix it.
I'm using an old taito racing cab to make a sitdown Mario Kart game...Im using an A-PAC (not ipac) board from Ultimarc. Everything is connected just like the diagram on the website.
However... I have no clue how to get the 3 POTs I connected (wheel, brake, and gas pedal) to be read as ONE controller. If you're familiar with APAC, you may recall that it has room for four POTs, two on each side of the board, and each side of the board is read as two separate controllers. :(
Is there some program out there that can remap this annoying problem and  an perhaps be utilized through any emulator? (Or at least just through Dolphin, Project n64, Nintendo ds emulators, and game boy advance emulators.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:05:30 pm by Donkey-Kong »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Frustrated Noob Stumped w/ APAC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 12:38:16 am »
MAME should/might see the controls as they are. Other games/emulators can sometimes have capture functions that you can use. However, nothing is perfect, so to bridge the gap...

I'm using UJR, which is an autohotkey-based joystick remapper that works in conjunction with Vjoy to create a virtual wheel in this case and feed it inputs from physical sticks and wheels. However, UJR doesn't handle force-feedback, and may only take inputs from sticks and wheels. The project was abandonned some time back.

I think the creator went on to make the UCR project. This seems more flexible in terms of what you can do, because you can have keyboard inputs feed to joysticks, etc. And i think it might have force-feedback.

Whichever one you use, it will be a pain to set up. You have to be pretty patient and work everything out, minus a few tutorial bits on youtube. You have to use the Vjoy feeder app in programs like teknoparrot, or anything that sees your real wheel as well as the virtual one. The advantages are you can remap everything, and in UJR you can use profiles linked to games via their autohotkey windowclass - you will probably want to get autohotkey as well. These profiles can change the mappings of course, but also per-game sensitivity, pedal options, et al.

You could also take a look at Boomslangz universal FFB plugin. I'm not really sure what it does but I'm about to dive in myself as someone gave me an old Logitech force GT and i'm going to see about FFB in OR2 and TP.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:45:38 am by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:14:01 am »
I really would have thought Ultimarc would have drivers that allowed the device to be seen as  single unit by Windows, though.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
x360ce might work for you. https://www.x360ce.com/
Some emulators might require you to change a setting to use xinput.