Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lucky 8 Lines info  (Read 2720 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Lucky 8 Lines info
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:35:27 am »
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, didnt really see any other board that looked like it might fit.
Anyway, I am building a bartop cabinet with the "New Lucky 8 Lines" original board in it. Its a long story and I wont get into it a lot here, may do a project announcement thread later.
So, I am looking for a manual for this board, I found DIP switch settings for it on the web,  but there are three pushbuttons that Im not sure as to what they do. There is also a toggle switch on the board that Im afraid to flip.
Does anyone have a copy of the original manual that they could share with me? Id greatly appreciate it.
I cant find any markings on the board that tell manufacturer or model number.
Here is a photo of the board, and one of the monitor display.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: Lucky 8 Lines info
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:01:29 am »
Ive been scouring the web for the info I need. You would think there would be tons, but not so for my particular game.
By playing around with it I did find that one of the three buttons I mentioned enters a service type screen, but not much info on it. (These buttons are small radio shack type buttons).
Another button enters a series of screens that show winnings, times each combo was hit, etc. Not sure what this is good for, book keeping I suppose.
The third button didnt appear to do anything, I figured it had to do with a ticket printer or payout hopper, even though the old cabinet had neither in it when I got it, but it could have had at one time.
I checked the button with a ohm meter and its not even working. when I shorted the contacts on it, it clears all the credits on the game. So maybe this is some kind of payout function.
I think I will mount the first two service switches inside the new cabinet, so you have to remove back cover to gain access.
im thinking of adding the third one to the back, accessible with cover on. When this game is powered off it remembers how many credits were on it when you power it back on.
this button may be useful to clear all the credits, should you want to start over.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Lucky 8 Lines info
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:35:43 am »
Suggest you join the forums here:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php

DaOld Man