Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: installed crt emu - black screen win 10  (Read 1312 times)

boslaw2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 08:24:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
installed crt emu - black screen win 10
« on: August 10, 2019, 11:13:18 pm »
I followed the install instructions but I get a black screen on boot. I've read through some threads reporting the same problem but I haven't seen any solutions (other than reinstalling windows). Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? I can boot to the desktop if I remove the video card and boot to mobo graphics.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: installed crt emu - black screen win 10
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:14:17 pm »
Hmmm. Please describe your hardware, specifically what GPU, what screen and how you are connecting one to the other. Describe the crt_emudriver install procedure you followed and where you stopped/got up to. Does the driver say it's installed (correctly)? Have you installed any resolutions with VMM, and if so, are they all 15kHz ones? Are you enabling EDID emulation?

Then, with crt_emudriver installed and the GPU plugged in - What happens when you reboot? Do any mobo splash screens come up on the screen, do you see Windows start to load, or anything else? Or does the screen stay black once power is applied and nothing ever shows on it?

If you use an LCD that is not capable of 15kHz but only 31kHz and up, and you only have 15kHz modes installed, nothing will show. But you'd still see the boot sequence of your PC.

boslaw2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 08:24:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: installed crt emu - black screen win 10
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:02:57 pm »
I somehow got it resolved by plugging into a different lcd monitor using dvi-i (instead of dvi-i with a vga adapter). I uninstalled all AMD software and got back to vanilla. Thanks for the reply though.