Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need good replacement pushbuttons for Ultimarc Ultralux Translucent Buttons  (Read 2207 times)

jhabers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2019, 03:29:34 pm
Currently I have Blue Ultimarc Ultralux Translucent Illuminated Pushbuttons in my cabinet. I get a lot of complaints that the buttons/springs are too stiff in these and peoples hands get tired playing. I would like to get some softer more authentic Blue LED buttons. What would you all recommend? Price doesn't matter, just want something good. Thanks!

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:02:50 pm
  • This plan is foolproof

jhabers

• Offline Offline
Thank for the reply Mike! Makes sense. Is there anything that you can recommend that "feel more authentic" than the ones I have now that light up?

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:02:50 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
No. The buttons that light up are crap.

Somebody else might have better experience with LED buttons. I have played a few cabs that have them, but I don't know which ones they were.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:01:05 pm by Mike A »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Just swap the springs out for softer ones thats what I did.

uptown47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 11:33:01 am
  • Just takin' life one game of Frogger at a time...

This was my thought as well?

If it's just the springy-ness that's the issue then you could just swap them out. I bought a bag of springs from ebay once for next to nothing. And it's very simple to do.

Another possible idea (** DISCLAIMER - NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK - IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME) is to cut some of the existing spring off and then stretch out the remainder to the same length. This should make it less stiff. (see disclaimer as this may be a stupid idea - but, in my head, it works!) :)

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline

This was my thought as well?

If it's just the springy-ness that's the issue then you could just swap them out. I bought a bag of springs from ebay once for next to nothing. And it's very simple to do.

Another possible idea (** DISCLAIMER - NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK - IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME) is to cut some of the existing spring off and then stretch out the remainder to the same length. This should make it less stiff. (see disclaimer as this may be a stupid idea - but, in my head, it works!) :)

That would work but they may bind without having a flat end.

uptown47

• Offline Offline
That would work but they may bind without having a flat end.

Yep... very good point mate. Didn't think of that :)

jhabers

• Offline Offline
So I spoke with Andy at Ultimarc and the switches I have came with heavier switches than he ships them with now. I bought these in '08. With that being said I'm looking for softer switches. I was about to order the Groovy Standard Soft-Touch (tm) SST Microswitch's but GGG isn't taking ordered until sometime in September :(  Can you guys recommend another softer switch? Thanks!

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
So I spoke with Andy at Ultimarc and the switches I have came with heavier switches than he ships them with now. I bought these in '08. With that being said I'm looking for softer switches. I was about to order the Groovy Standard Soft-Touch (tm) SST Microswitch's but GGG isn't taking ordered until sometime in September :(  Can you guys recommend another softer switch? Thanks!

What switches do you have on them now?

jhabers

• Offline Offline
They say Sanwa on them

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Oh them yeah they are shite I had to change them on my mag stick lol

I would swap them for Cherry DX44’s or (if he still sells them?) Ultimarc make a nice light switch which is what I put on my mag stick.

jhabers

• Offline Offline
Thank you! Are the Zippy ultra light touch switches any good?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline

Dunno never used them.

jhabers

• Offline Offline

Dunno never used them.

I ended up ordering both Zippys and Cherrys and will try them both out. They are pretty cheap. Thanks for all your help!

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc

Only the very first batch of Ultralux buttons sold in 2008 were supplied with Sanwa switches. Ever since then they have been supplied with our own brand switches which are much lighter. Any Ultralux buttons still out there with Sanwa switches we will swap the switches out free of charge.

uptown47

• Offline Offline

Only the very first batch of Ultralux buttons sold in 2008 were supplied with Sanwa switches. Ever since then they have been supplied with our own brand switches which are much lighter. Any Ultralux buttons still out there with Sanwa switches we will swap the switches out free of charge.

I'm chuffed to hear this Andy as I was concerned reading this thread. I just got 34 of those buttons delivered to me on Thursday!  ;D :cheers: