Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Help Complining GroovyMAME 0.212 with Direct Input  (Read 1787 times)

Dracrius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2019, 06:32:53 am
  • Proud Builder of a MAME Cabinet!
Need Help Complining GroovyMAME 0.212 with Direct Input
« on: August 13, 2019, 05:23:33 pm »
I keep a Multicade cabinet with Maximus Arcade as a Frontend and an EventGhost script to make the player start buttons auto add a coin before hitting start. I had this running on a No Nag Direct Input build of Mame that I remember taking an entire night to find and I dont think I'll be that lucky with GroovyMAME. It appears that no nag builds are directly discouraged but I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to compile it on my own. At first I tried Mame Compiler 64 but it was out of date in every way. Once I realized that I tried updating each part (downloaded mame src, no nag patch and most recent MAME Build Tools) but it still failed to generate a completed build despite looking successful.

So I tired compiling it with just the build tools through the cmd line but I have no idea how to set it to Forced Direct Input as Raw doesn't work with eventghost or how to set it to Core2 Due optimized mode which would have been a bonus of compiling it. If someone could help me figure this out itd be much appreciated as the nag screens kill the random game attract screen as many have warning that only have to do with cocktail mode which I couldn't care less about. I also really hate that I have to compile just to get Direct Input support I think that should be a config option to swap between Raw and Direct but here we are!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:50:52 pm by Dracrius »

Dracrius

• Offline Offline
Re: Need Help Complining GroovyMAME 0.212 with Direct Input
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:00:32 pm »
Darn even my attempt at using Build Tools through command line failed with out these settings. I'll attach a log of the Compile that failed if you see an obvious reason why it failed please let me know as I am starting to pull my hair out. I still have a ton of games that all launch to black now that I still need to figure out let alone this!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:07:00 pm by Dracrius »

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 04:36:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:27 pm »
Mame supports direct input without compiling it forced.
Look for keyboardprovider in the ini file and set it to dinput.
Good luck.

Dracrius

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:07:52 pm »
Mame supports direct input without compiling it forced.
Look for keyboardprovider in the ini file and set it to dinput.
Good luck.
Perfect thanks out of curiosity do you know what build they changed that it? That's a pleasent change and leaves me just my compile error to solve then!

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 04:36:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 07:12:43 pm »
Sorry, i don't know in which build.
About the no nag, you can use haynor's build for that.

Dracrius

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 07:28:39 pm »
Sorry, i don't know in which build.
About the no nag, you can use haynor's build for that.
Absolutely perfect I wanted to figure out why mine wasn't compiling but their build has a ton of audio and video patches for ROMs in my cabinet so that's gonna be a better option either way! Thanks