Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Custom PC Lightgun With PS3Eye(software download)  (Read 22919 times)

gtavccat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 08:25:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Custom PC Lightgun With PS3Eye(software download)
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:45:27 am »
Hi,I am the author of this video.
My english is bad,I have to use Google Translate :P
Today,I share this lightgun software ;D

===============

CamerXY.exe (This is the program used in my video.)
https://mega.nz/#!wC4zDabI!p0lOpFZ_GRJJJNHexgL4oyDYZazeHRZ0HWXtfOelDaI

Connect the PS3 camera, open cameraXY, press TAB to set the Gain and Exposure so that it can see the display,  mark it at the four corners of the display, then dim the Gain and Exposure, press space, use the laser to light the display to see the spot and no other light source on the display. Finally press ESC and you will see the mouse move with the laser.

My english is bad,so you can read this pdf(Use Google Translate :lol)
电脑光枪设置教程v1.09.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!lW5FFaqA!gCzclwCgA3YDu5uqqhO430Ub2QCb6lH6eiKRqWvRZxQ

===============
PcSx2MPv1.01.exe (I use it to play Crisis zone )
https://mega.nz/#!FHhg0YQI!-BRglYwksKiKa9XDyM_SZUNWU1uiyIMJtX4vEsEwTzw
suopport:
Time crisis2(SLUS_202.19)
Time crisis3(SCAJ_200.60)
Crisis zone(SCES_525.30)
Virtua Cop Re-Birth(SLPM_622.05)
Ninja Assault(SLPS_202.18)
Vampire Night(SLUS_202.21)
Silent Scope 1(SLES_500.37)
Silent Scope 2 - Fatal Judgement(SLES_502.84)

It has a little lag, If someone can change iso and hide the cross, lag will be not obvious,Especially Crisi zone :D

================
This lightgun system can't play ps2 nuvee plugin and Mame, So I use PPJoy with mouse, then my lightgun can play with nuvee,But it is unstable, the mouse will move quickly in a small range  :'(  ,I hope someone can solve it  :laugh:

I also use PPJoy play mame,set lightgun is joystick, It can be played, but it is not accurate at all. Wiimote can use Touchmote set it as a xbox controller,then It can run mame perfectly, So I think maybe something can Simulate the mouse as xinput?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:06:17 am by gtavccat »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Re: Custom PC Lightgun With PS3Eye(software download)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 04:12:25 pm »
This is how the bootleg China Time Crisis 4 cabinets are setup, I had the pleasure of fixing one for a client  :banghead:

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:13:45 pm »
This is how the bootleg China Time Crisis 4 cabinets are setup, I had the pleasure of fixing one for a client  :banghead:

I wondered about those bootleg TC4 arcade kits they sell on Chinese import sites. I thought they might use a modified PS3. Is it just a PC running an emulator under the hood?

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:06:22 am »

I wondered about those bootleg TC4 arcade kits they sell on Chinese import sites. I thought they might use a modified PS3. Is it just a PC running an emulator under the hood?

It was running 2x ps3 with time crisis 4 retail disc, they both connected into a ioboard including the video which would then overlay the credit and time screens and also removes the boot logos and playstation logos etc. It was a twin cabinet but you could not play each other, its was not that sophisticated.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:51:28 am »

It was running 2x ps3 with time crisis 4 retail disc, they both connected into a ioboard including the video which would then overlay the credit and time screens and also removes the boot logos and playstation logos etc. It was a twin cabinet but you could not play each other, its was not that sophisticated.

That's disappointing (but not that surprising). I've been working on a project to play two-player Time Crisis 4 on the PS3 on two separate screens like the arcade. Obviously there is no link option like on TC3 and TC2. It only has a split screen option. My project involved a video wall 1x1 splitter to put one image across two screen like Windows extended desktop mode. Then some Extron scalers to manipulate the image to make it fill two 4:3 screens. I was hoping the Chinese had create a device to make all that simpler (given the high price they charge for their TC4 kits).

I find it odd that they would go to the trouble of creating new gun tech instead of just putting a Guncon3 in their gun shells. The laser pointer thing wouldn't even work on my LG Oled Tv. They have an insane anti-reflective coating and I couldn't see the red or green dot lasers I tried at all. The Guncon 3 works as well as the TC4 arcade guns (although they are harder to calibrate right).

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 03:06:51 pm »
I ended up removing all the junk hardware including the guns, cameras and IO board, downsizing to a single screen and running 2 Namco guns via the ps3. It was a home user machine and the new owner was happy to be able to play a number of different titles on the unit. Would be great to see twin guns work on twin machines with a 2 player link
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:08:54 pm by vandale »

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 02:33:43 pm »
I ended up removing all the junk hardware including the guns, cameras and IO board, downsizing to a single screen and running 2 Namco guns via the ps3. It was a home user machine and the new owner was happy to be able to play a number of different titles on the unit. Would be great to see twin guns work on twin machines with a 2 player link

If you removed the Chinese guns, did the user end up using regular guncon3's. That's one expensive PS3 setup...

There is no possibility of link play without either modifying the code or buying real Namco 256 hardware unfortunately. I did find two viable options for two players on two separate full screens though. One is to use a vga splitter to put one (identical) image on two screens. Then using a pair of Extron scalers to manipulate each side to make each players half of the split-screen fill their 4:3 monitor.

The other option is a video-wall processor. Both options start at around $200-$250 on ebay.

I guess a 3rd option is using a PS3 emulator on a PC. Then you could use Nvidia Mosaic with Quadro drivers to get video wall-like functionality.

You could use Time Crisis 4 arcade guns on a PS3 with a simple pad hack. I just invested in a Sega type 2 gun set-up which uses the same hardware as TC4 arcade. I plan to use it with my PC, PS3 and a 128mb modded Xbox (for Chihiro shooting games).

PCbaby

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 01:21:23 am
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:46 am »
Hello, what light gun are you using?
Is it an in modified namco guncon2?

kim_sama_999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 09:18:37 am
  • SHOTA NATION
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:21 am »
I remember the gun you use was on TaoBao but now it's gone, is there another site to buy the gun?
YouTube: @KimSamaVideos

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 12:50:53 pm »
I remember the gun you use was on TaoBao but now it's gone, is there another site to buy the gun?

Hi,
you made the great mouse patcher for pcsx2, right?
can you please make it for all ps2 light gun games, with 2 players option?
i will gladly pay you for your work.

ginzu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2023, 06:51:54 am
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 12:03:01 pm »
Hi,
[/quote]

:) +1 , and i add that it would also be great to make the other versions of the games compatible (EU, US etc ....)

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 04:19:20 pm »
Hi,

:) +1 , and i add that it would also be great to make the other versions of the games compatible (EU, US etc ....)
[/quote]

Yes, it will be a dream with the sinden!

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 10:49:15 pm
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 12:30:17 pm »
Thank you for working on this tool :)!

I didn't see any notes or usage on how to use the patcher.

Do we just put the PcSx2MP.EXE in the same folder as the bin and run it? I imagine we have to use the exact version of the games to make sure the patch works?

When I run the patcher it just says no game ?? ??. I got the correct versions SLES-50037 and SLES-50284, but same error. Any trick to get this working?

Thank you!

Fully working for Silent Scope 1 and 2, thank you!!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:47:44 am by Student123 »

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 10:49:15 pm
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 08:16:50 pm »

===============

CamerXY.exe (This is the program used in my video.)
https://mega.nz/#!wC4zDabI!p0lOpFZ_GRJJJNHexgL4oyDYZazeHRZ0HWXtfOelDaI

Connect the PS3 camera, open cameraXY, press TAB to set the Gain and Exposure so that it can see the display,  mark it at the four corners of the display, then dim the Gain and Exposure, press space, use the laser to light the display to see the spot and no other light source on the display. Finally press ESC and you will see the mouse move with the laser.

My english is bad,so you can read this pdf(Use Google Translate :lol)
电脑光枪设置教程v1.09.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!lW5FFaqA!gCzclwCgA3YDu5uqqhO430Ub2QCb6lH6eiKRqWvRZxQ

===============
PcSx2MPv1.01.exe (I use it to play Crisis zone )
https://mega.nz/#!FHhg0YQI!-BRglYwksKiKa9XDyM_SZUNWU1uiyIMJtX4vEsEwTzw
suopport:
Time crisis2(SLUS_202.19)
Time crisis3(SCAJ_200.60)
Crisis zone(SCES_525.30)
Virtua Cop Re-Birth(SLPM_622.05)
Ninja Assault(SLPS_202.18)
Vampire Night(SLUS_202.21)
Silent Scope 1(SLES_500.37)
Silent Scope 2 - Fatal Judgement(SLES_502.84)

It has a little lag, If someone can change iso and hide the cross, lag will be not obvious,Especially Crisi zone :D

================
This lightgun system can't play ps2 nuvee plugin and Mame, So I use PPJoy with mouse, then my lightgun can play with nuvee,But it is unstable, the mouse will move quickly in a small range  :'(  ,I hope someone can solve it  :laugh:

I also use PPJoy play mame,set lightgun is joystick, It can be played, but it is not accurate at all. Wiimote can use Touchmote set it as a xbox controller,then It can run mame perfectly, So I think maybe something can Simulate the mouse as xinput?

Thank you! Created a tutorial if anyone wants to try your software :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/58cu0o0vjxqsk39/Tutorial_-_Silent_Scope_1_and_2_with_Sinden_Gun_in_PCSX2_1.6.rar/file

kim_sama_999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 09:18:37 am
  • SHOTA NATION
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 11:24:49 pm »

Do we just put the PcSx2MP.EXE in the same folder as the bin and run it? I imagine we have to use the exact version of the games to make sure the patch works?

When I run the patcher it just says no game ?? ??. I got the correct versions SLES-50037 and SLES-50284, but same error. Any trick to get this working?

Thank you!

May I ask what region you used? I have the Japanese version of Silent Scope 1 and 2
YouTube: @KimSamaVideos

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2021, 04:25:30 pm »

Thank you!

May I ask what region you used? I have the Japanese version of Silent Scope 1 and 2

i think you need the pal version...also hoping he will make a patch for silent scope 3 to complete it:)

jimiz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2023, 04:15:28 pm
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2022, 06:50:06 am »

Congratulations and thank you for this interesting post.
I have a few questions for you, I hope we can clarify.
First of all, because you have to use a ps3 usb / can, very dated (performance) when you could use an HD or 4k usb webcam, or other prof video source. for a much greater precision in details / brightness / resolution .... which could be ideal for a "bright spot" reception?
The cameraxy program (v1,2 ...) is being worked on for this purpose (lightgun) with hopes that it can be improved or not?
I tried a few hours ago, with the ps3 cam, and beams of light ... even laser (although perhaps harmful if pointed at lcd ...) I also tried various infrared leds of remote controls .... but in the end, the only acceptable way was to use a white LED light beam ... shot a few cm away

the other systems, even the precise laser (red), respond only partially in the lowest point of the screen ... (the closest point where the camera is positioned) compared to the mid-high points of the screen ... where the moving the mouse cursor.

The sore point, however, remains the cameraxy.exe program ...
moves the mouse cursor on the desktop ... but on many programs, both in window and in full screen, it stops working ...
FOR EXAMPLE with mame (any version) once the game is launched, the mouse works only manually but not through cameraxy !!!
and together with MAME also with other proven games.

PPjoy cannot be a solution, except with extreme and malfunctioning lags.
moreover it is not possible to install (drivers) easily ... probable old version inf.

What are the hopes of rendering compatible with the mouse, cameraxy.exe in a more optimal way?

thanks and open to any test if needed.

gibranx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2022, 11:38:50 am
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2022, 03:29:21 am »
Hi
on mame works best if enable dinput on mouse win32 on lightgun and change analogue control value.

https://youtube.com/shorts/vO93az6kzEY?feature=share

Its possible to make a new release of camera xy with inverted axis option?

With this metod on my video it works without laser and generally with many light!

https://youtube.com/shorts/FWxdnbarGMo?feature=share

sorry for my language and many congratulations for the author of camera xy!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:52:24 pm by gibranx »

eduardoherrera1974

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2022, 11:22:15 am
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 11:22:15 am »
Hello,
The file I downloaded says is damaged.
 Can somebody send it to me or fix the damaged file in the link?

PheralSparky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 03:31:35 pm
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 04:33:06 pm »
Tried your links- I built a light gun based on this system and cant download your programs, might you re-upload plz? Would love to be able to use my zero budget light gun I built for this with my ps3 eyecam capturing my wall projection. DFrobot sensors are far too expensive to afford as are old wii remotes where I am. Hoping these important files are not lost to cyberspace rot.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:36:49 pm by PheralSparky »