Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hooking up my control panel (1 ipac ultimate, 2 u360, 2 spintraks, 1 happ tb)  (Read 1110 times)

aevans0001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 04:50:15 pm
Thank you all for help on my previous questions but I got some more

Ok as the title suggests I am trying to wire my control panel

My current equipment is:

1.  1 Ultimarc Ultimate ipac
2.  2 Ultimarc U360 Joysticks Oval Top
3.  2 Ultimarc Spintraks
4.  1 Happ 3" Trackball
5.  17 Buttons ( 6 Player 1, 6 Player 2, Player 1 Start, Player 2 Start, Pause, Coin (1 Button), Power or Soft reset or something else)

I also have the accessories that go with these devices

U360
2A Servo Stiks
2B Input/Output Wire
2C Extension Wires
2D Player 3 and 4 wires

Spintraks
3A Knobs
3B Flywieght
3C Usb board

Hap Trackball
Electric ICE RGB Trackball Lighting Upgrade Kit V2.0

Finally my question.  How would you all hook up the u360 controllers and Ipacs.  I understand the ipacs can now do x-input. 

should I hook my U360 directly to the Ipac? 
Should I connect it via USB?
Should i Connect it to both?
Should I connect my buttons to the ipac or to the input wires of the U360?  Note: I do want to use LEDBlinky so I imagine I may have to connect the buttons to Ipac
Do I want to run my ipac in xinput or normal mode (Keyboard emulation)?

Thank you all!
Adam

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc

It depends if you actually need Xinput.
If so, it would be necessary to connect the U360s to the I-PAC to be able to use them in Xinput mode.

If you dont need Xinput, then the U360s can be plugged into USB. The I-PAC will control the LEDs using LEDBlinky.

The best mode to use is as its shipped, keyboard mode but if you do specifically need Xinput then it can be switched into that mode.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
You want to connect them via USB for mapping, else why have them?

You may want to try out connecting them to the IPAC for digital input....but.....and I was thinking about this the other day........it still relies on the map, right Andy?