Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovyarcade + Groovymame 0.242 + MS2931 Tri-Sync Horiz = Stretched Vertical ?  (Read 1318 times)

aupton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2022, 08:00:15 pm
I recently setup Groovyarcade and I'm trying to get vertical games to display vertically and proportioned (integer scaled?) while the screen is in a horizontal orientation. I recall doing this years back using bezel images and a supplimental vertical.ini config with the following directives.

artwork_crop              1
use_bezels                1

Unfortunately it seems these directives are being ignored or a default configuration is overriding the config and displaying the games scaled like horizontal games (stretched) and without any bezels from the arwork dir.

Has the configuration or usage of vertical.ini changed in recent years or anything else that I may need to change in the default mame.ini?

Thank you

psakhis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 12:18:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Are you tried intoverscan 1?

eewoke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 05:18:23 pm
Are you tried intoverscan 1?

You have the same problem as I have. See my post. Up to GM 0.239 everything is fine. The 3 versions after that version stretch my vertical games. Sorry, but I like the fact that I am not the only one 🙈. It is driving me crazy….
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:16:33 pm by eewoke »

eewoke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 05:18:23 pm
I recently setup Groovyarcade and I'm trying to get vertical games to display vertically and proportioned (integer scaled?) while the screen is in a horizontal orientation. I recall doing this years back using bezel images and a supplimental vertical.ini config with the following directives.

artwork_crop              1
use_bezels                1

Unfortunately it seems these directives are being ignored or a default configuration is overriding the config and displaying the games scaled like horizontal games (stretched) and without any bezels from the arwork dir.

Has the configuration or usage of vertical.ini changed in recent years or anything else that I may need to change in the default mame.ini?

Thank you

Did you use Atom-15 to alter your vga card bios? Just to narrow down where to look.