Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak on Wii games?  (Read 3716 times)

MikeyJ122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
Aimtrak on Wii games?
« on: September 12, 2019, 08:56:20 am »
I have an aimtrak (but I'm not giving it to myself until Christmas, so I haven't played with it yet). Anyways, I'm curious on how well it runs Wii light gun games, specifically the ones that require the nunchuck? Most Wii games are rather large files, so they take a LONG time to download, and I dont want to waste my time, if they dont play well with the aimtrak.

Just to clarify, some Wii games that I've downloaded were meant for light guns specifically (the resident evil ones come to mind), so I KNOW the aimtrak will work great for those. Others require you to move your character as well as shoot (they were designed to be used with the nunchuck).

I'd LOVE some insight here, before I waste HOURS downloading games that wont play well.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

lightgungamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 02:43:28 am
  • I love playing Light Gun Games
    • LightgunGame.com
Re: Aimtrak on Wii games?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:03:32 am »
Hey.

The ones that you need the Nunchuk for aren’t going to work just with the aimtrak. You could connect the nunchuck up as well though and there’s no reason you couldn’t play like that.

On the other hand. There are loads of dedicated Lightgun games for the wii that you can play with just  the gun.

It’s probably the widest range of any platform.
This page has a list of all the Lightgun games on wii.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gun_games

Will you be using dolphin on the pc? That’s probably the best option and it’s a doddle to set up.

https://LightGunGamer.com - every Lightgun game and how to play them
Dolphin Emulator

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 09:20:13 am »
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to stick with the Wii games that say "light gun" to be safe.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 07:23:22 pm »
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to stick with the Wii games that say "light gun" to be safe.

Nope, that isn't going to help you.  Even the "light gun" games usually need the nunchuck.  All the sega arcade ports use it for reload and other features while the resident evil games use the nunchuck motion controls to swing the knife and other secondary moves.  Those are your best gun games on the system.  A dolphin bar is like 15 bucks and you can get wiimotes for a little bit of nothing now.  Do yourself a favor and use the intended controls for the wii.  It's worth the investment because the wii is a great light gun system.