Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeSD Problems  (Read 1114 times)

csnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
ArcadeSD Problems
« on: July 15, 2019, 05:25:07 pm »
I have an ArcadeSD board that took a dive.  The screen is split in half  about 3/4 screen likes its a monitor hold issue (vertical cabinet).  I originally thought it was my monitor chassis which was due for rebuild anyways, so I had Chad rebuild it.  Got the monitor back and the issue persists.  I swapped in the original Ms Pac/Galaga reunion board and the picture is perfect.  I probably should have done that first, but at least my chassis is refreshed now.  Does anyone have any idea what might be the culprit other than the board failing?  Does anyone fix these?  Are they repairable? 

csnow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
Re: ArcadeSD Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:02:55 pm »
If anyone is interested, Phoenix Arcade charges $75 to look at the board with no promises with a minimum 6 week turnaround.  They provide zero consideration toward the purchase of a replacement board.   Needless to say, I am going with an Arpicade and will never recommend the ArcadeSD  going forward.  I have had the board for years but it probably has less than 50 hours of actual game operation since the cabinet stays powered in a climate controlled environment and only used for random games when the mood strikes. 

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:47:37 pm »
Damn that blows.

xefned

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2021, 01:28:30 pm
  • Unearthing ancient threads is my special skill.
    • Matthew's projects
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 07:50:52 pm »
That truly sucks to hear. I have an aging ArcadeSD and sometimes I wonder how long it will last.

ArcadeSD owners would be interested in hearing what problem they uncover, assuming you sent it to them for repair??

Searching for Zwackery, not because it's rare, because it's fun.