Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Resolutions Dell E773C  (Read 1498 times)

Cowslanlr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2020, 05:45:08 am
Super Resolutions Dell E773C
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:11:09 pm »
Hello, first time posting.

I was hoping to get some help with making groovymame select super resolutions. I am using a Dell E773C monitor and have managed to get things working in groovymame using VMMaker with the "user_modes.ini" file, but when I try to get things working with the "user_modes - super.ini" file groovymame will not select the super resolutions.

Can anyone help me with this? I feel like there must be something really obvious that I am missing.

P.S. Also, would it be beneficial in any way to create a custom preset for my Dell E773C monitor, if so how can I do that? Right now I am just using the "pc_70_120" preset and it seems to be working for now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:24:24 pm by Cowslanlr »

Cowslanlr

• Offline Offline
Re: Super Resolutions Dell E773C
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:44:27 am »
So, I am happy to report that I managed to get the super resolutions working in GM and I have never been happier! I don't know what changed, but I decided to upgrade to the latest build of GM and when i did everything just worked! Games look and play better than ever! :applaud:

Cowslanlr

• Offline Offline
Re: Super Resolutions Dell E773C
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:45:38 pm »
So I have an odd issue that I need help with. I had gotten super resolutions working perfect with GM and everything looked great. But now today whenever I try to launch a game the image is coming out compressed. I am not sure how to fix this problem, I hope someone can help me.

Edit: I want to elaborate. Before this happened I had added "320 x 240 @ 60.000000 desktop" to user_modes - super.ini and ran VMMaker. If I change the aspect ratio in mame.ini from 4:3 to auto the games at 240p will run at native res instead of using the super res. Other games that have a native res of 224p will use the super resolution 2560 x 240 without the compressed image.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:21:43 pm by Cowslanlr »