Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: useful A1up news  (Read 4572 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:54:45 am
  • This plan is foolproof
useful A1up news
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:57:02 am »

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=415071&page=42&highlight=alan

I'm happy to report some really great news concerning Arcade1Up and Alan-1 yokes.
I had a conversation with the president of the company and their lead designer. They would like to order a large number of yokes to put on some of their machines that they will be giving away through some promotions. Details haven't been inked yet, but we're working on it.

He made it clear that it was cost prohibitive to use our yoke on all of their mass produced machines. They will be using a lessor quality plastic yoke designed for that market. But they like our yoke so much that they want to offer it on some of their machines.

The result of all of this is that we've made the decision to do another large run of yokes. Because of this, we've been able to get our cost down dramatically and are happy to announce that we can now offer these for $349.99.

Our plan is to create an upgrade kit for the Arcade1Up cabinet so all users can upgrade their cabinets if desired.

This is actually a really great thing for the community, IMO, because it first introduces these amazing games to an entirely new generation, and secondly, allows us to produce so many more of these and that increased quantity lowers everyone's cost.

I never thought I'd say this, but hurray for Arcade1up. :-)

I might grab myself a yoke. The price is probably about as good as it is going to get.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
Re: useful A1up news
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:32:06 am »
So tempting.....

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:40:31 am »

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=415071&page=42&highlight=alan

I'm happy to report some really great news concerning Arcade1Up and Alan-1 yokes.
I had a conversation with the president of the company and their lead designer. They would like to order a large number of yokes to put on some of their machines that they will be giving away through some promotions. Details haven't been inked yet, but we're working on it.

He made it clear that it was cost prohibitive to use our yoke on all of their mass produced machines. They will be using a lessor quality plastic yoke designed for that market. But they like our yoke so much that they want to offer it on some of their machines.

The result of all of this is that we've made the decision to do another large run of yokes. Because of this, we've been able to get our cost down dramatically and are happy to announce that we can now offer these for $349.99.

Our plan is to create an upgrade kit for the Arcade1Up cabinet so all users can upgrade their cabinets if desired.

This is actually a really great thing for the community, IMO, because it first introduces these amazing games to an entirely new generation, and secondly, allows us to produce so many more of these and that increased quantity lowers everyone's cost.

I never thought I'd say this, but hurray for Arcade1up. :-)

I might grab myself a yoke. The price is probably about as good as it is going to get.

And with the $150 you save you can pick up another A1U cab !!

Arroyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:52:13 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:23:27 am »
Daddy just started his Christmas list.

coasterlvr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2023, 09:02:24 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 05:56:54 pm »
i have an original yoke, and alan-1 yoke.  i've also had a ram controls yoke.  the alan-1 yoke is awesome.  glad i bought mine during the sale so i don't feel too bad about the new price. lol

also happy that arcade1up will buy some alan-1 yokes.  putting it on their display and not offering a real quality yoke in some way would have been shady, but expected. lol

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 06:48:23 pm »
i have an original yoke, and alan-1 yoke.  i've also had a ram controls yoke.  the alan-1 yoke is awesome.  glad i bought mine during the sale so i don't feel too bad about the new price. lol

also happy that arcade1up will buy some alan-1 yokes.  putting it on their display and not offering a real quality yoke in some way would have been shady, but expected. lol

If it’s just for promo and giveaway cabs, is it still shady if Joe Compaq can’t get one?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

coasterlvr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2023, 09:02:24 pm
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 08:21:57 pm »

If it’s just for promo and giveaway cabs, is it still shady if Joe Compaq can’t get one?

i actually read James' post wrong.   i thought arcade1up was going to offer the upgrade kit.  but i'd rather he reap the rewards of an upgrade kit.

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 08:26:04 pm »
edited to read:
nvr mind.  I read the klov thread and got my answer :)
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower