Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How can I get ultrastik u360 to work in sega model 2 light gun games?  (Read 979 times)

hollywood6964

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2019, 03:37:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
So I posted in a section I guess wasn't visible. Anyways, I don't know if anyone has done this, but I'd surmise yes. I've tried to get the ultrastick to function as a light gun in model 2, and it doesn't recognize at all. It will allow me to enter the controls, but when I exit the game control menu, it doesn't recognize or function at all. Then when I go back into the controls of the game, the controls I set are mismashed into something random.

Has anyone found a remedy to this to make the u360 analog function as the crosshair?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:53:53 am by hollywood6964 »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Lightgun games play terribly with anything other than a lightgun or bare basics a mouse so I would save yaself the bother.

hollywood6964

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2019, 03:37:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I know what you mean, the throw is extremely short. But just as an option, I was wanting to get this to work.

In fact, the u360 throw is just short, if it were a bit longer, it would be sufficient in most games. I don't know why a lot of people rant and rave about this stick, to be honest it's not very good. A lot of flaws in it's design, use, etc.

But if anybody knew how to get this option to function, I'd appreciate it.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Did you set the Ultramap for the U360 as a mouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro