Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: License recovery and other things....  (Read 934 times)

immortalsoule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 10:12:43 pm
License recovery and other things....
« on: June 25, 2019, 11:19:37 am »

I've got an older license here and i bought a new one. My old license, i remember, was registered to me and my email address. This new one i bought is registered to some code and that's it and i never got the actual license, just something saying i bought my license.

Can anyone tell me who to contact to get this all straight? There doesn't seem to be one "person" i can go to, the chat is IRC, which is insanely outdated and i don't have a time machine to go back and get that client and have to learn how it all works again.

Is there no direct link/individual who handles this?

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: License recovery and other things....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 12:01:41 pm »
What License for what program are you talking about -- This forum is not tied to any product that needs a license - so would need more info in order to be able to try and assist. ( ie. IIRC Maximus Arcade does list this site as a resource - so some people think it is customer support for them but there is actually no connection like that here.)

If it is Maximus Arcade - that program has not been updated for several years and I think all the programmer that made it is doing is still selling the licenses in order to get some $ but there is no real support and it has been such a long time and MAME has changed so much over the years that it takes some work to get it working unless you use an older Mame version. --So might be better off just finding a different more recent Front end to use.