Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Latest verdict on Triple Buffering and vSync?  (Read 1189 times)

digitron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2022, 12:46:33 pm
Latest verdict on Triple Buffering and vSync?
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:01:30 pm »
GM 211, should I leave Triple Buffering and Vsync on when using frame delay? I want least amount of lag possible (without the game looking like poop). =)
GM 224, Win7 64 Bit, i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz, ATI HD 5750, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
Re: Latest verdict on Triple Buffering and vSync?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 03:56:14 am »
Neither on, you're not supposed to touch them, Groovy doesn't work like normal builds, there is the 'autosync' setting that's on by default and handles those automatically.

In fact you're disabling the essential GroovyMAME features like proper refresh rates with smooth scrollings and frame_delay if you try to do any differently...

digitron

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2022, 12:46:33 pm
Re: Latest verdict on Triple Buffering and vSync?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 09:42:41 am »
Neither on, you're not supposed to touch them, Groovy doesn't work like normal builds, there is the 'autosync' setting that's on by default and handles those automatically.

In fact you're disabling the essential GroovyMAME features like proper refresh rates with smooth scrollings and frame_delay if you try to do any differently...

Perfect! Thanks Schmerzkaufen! =)
GM 224, Win7 64 Bit, i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz, ATI HD 5750, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD