Main > Lightguns

SAMCO DIY Arduino Powered IR Light Gun

<< < (30/31) > >>

Prow:

--- Quote from: sparehead1 on January 07, 2022, 10:46:52 pm ---I dont have sensor bars yet so I think I'll make some IR LED arrays. Any recommendations for super wide or fish eye lens's? I want to use it on my 110" screen.

--- End quote ---
Good idea to make your own IR emitters. I can only guess maybe Wii sensor bars may not be spaced out enough for a screen that large.

For the lenses, I bought an Apexel lens kit. However, I have noticed many people in the Gun4IR Discord buy a cheap 3 in 1 mobile phone lens kit which includes a wide angle and fish eye lens. I don't know if some accuracy aiming at the corners will be lost when using a fish eye lens due to the distortion, I haven't tried it. :dunno I saw that mentioned which is why I initially used the wide angle lens but then swapped in the super wide angle lens.

rbarr110:
I am so glad I found this thread.  I wanted light guns soooo bad 10-15 years ago when I was more active here.  My current machine I built is too big for my wife, thanks CRT monitors.  So I have been toying with a new cabinet design off and on for years and finally got to a point that I think I can make what I want.

Had the GunCon 2's for a while and the SAMCO solution looks soo easy that I had to do it.  Everything is ordered, only thing that may hold this back is the damn backordered DF robot cameras. 

sparehead1:
For the super wide lens this the one that's recommended?

Prow:

--- Quote from: sparehead1 on January 10, 2022, 05:14:34 am ---For the super wide lens this the one that's recommended?

--- End quote ---
I have the APL-DG7 lens kit (7 in 1). So that kit does look similar and gives you the 3 useful lenses to try out.

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: Prow on January 08, 2022, 03:49:09 pm ---However, I have noticed many people in the Gun4IR Discord buy a cheap 3 in 1 mobile phone lens kit which includes a wide angle and fish eye lens. I don't know if some accuracy aiming at the corners will be lost when using a fish eye lens due to the distortion, I haven't tried it. :dunno

--- End quote ---
I can speak to being one of those "many people." It's okay I suppose. The fisheye causes too much distortion for the dual light-strip array, presumably whacking out the rectangular field that the sketch expects. Using the wide angle combination seems to work better, about as fine as vanilla, though I had to bump up the sensitivity by one level to make it work consistently (dunno how much of that is just having more sunlight than usual).
If only I'd known this earlier; the super wide lens seems the best option for Samco in general. But that'll have to wait until after I've moved house. Another two months long wait for shipping from China.  :badmood:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version