Main > Lightguns

SAMCO DIY Arduino Powered IR Light Gun

(1/36) > >>

samco:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on an Arduino powered light gun for use use on Windows & RetroPie have a look at the demo here.

Let us know what ya think, anyone keen to have a crack at building this? I hope to have a build guide up soon.

Cheers Sam

Howard_Casto:
That's really impressive man.  We are starting to move away from ir-based systems due to the issues that usually revolve around them, but a diy gun is a really good idea.  I look forward to the guide. 

thet0ast3r:
Nice work.
I am assuming you are using the DFRobot IR positional camera, that returns positions of the 4 brightest infrared points?
One problem I saw with that approach was, that the field of view is pretty narrow ( almost as narrow as the wiimote`s field of view ).
The result of your work should be pretty comparable with the aimtrak lightguns, probably even in cost.

Don`t get me wrong, I really like it; however when I see an approach I almost have to point out what I think could be problems...
 :laugh:

samco:

--- Quote from: thet0ast3r on June 18, 2019, 05:28:35 am ---Nice work.
I am assuming you are using the DFRobot IR positional camera, that returns positions of the 4 brightest infrared points?
One problem I saw with that approach was, that the field of view is pretty narrow ( almost as narrow as the wiimote`s field of view ).
The result of your work should be pretty comparable with the aimtrak lightguns, probably even in cost.

Don`t get me wrong, I really like it; however when I see an approach I almost have to point out what I think could be problems...
 :laugh:

--- End quote ---

Thanks Man, yeah you're bang on. The project as it stands is very similar to a Aimtrak. I just wanted to make a gun that was as plug and play as possible, that people could customise as they need and hopefully improve on as I found out more. I've already found a wiiMote hack that uses 4 iIR leds as opposed to 2 which looks promising. But I think the real main reason is that I'm just nerd and wanted to have a crack at building one these myself  :lol

thet0ast3r:
Yeah, the problem with 4 points is: (or atleast my problem was)

I could not solve the Perspective n Point problem for 4 points on an arduino in real-time ( 60 fps) as it involves quite a lot of math.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective-n-Point

I haven`t looked into it, but it  might be possible to solve it via lookup-tables? could be close to the computational limits of an arduino though.
Keep us updated if you manage to implement anything. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version