Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe CD-100C Randomly restarting?  (Read 2054 times)

bill55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:25:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Rowe CD-100C Randomly restarting?
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:44:27 am »
Forgive me if I should not create a thread for this as I did post a reply in ami-man's thread as well.

I have a Rowe CD-100C and am having a strange issue.

When powered on the display shows 'CHECKSUM = A500', the says 'RAM TEST PASSED'. Everything looks normal and I can play stuff. After a random amount of time (Maybe after it starts getting warm) the machine seems to reset/restart itself in the middle of playing. I will get the same power on messages ( 'CHECKSUM = A500' and 'RAM TEST PASSED') every time it does so. Sometimes the disc has to find its spot again to continue playing (You can hear it seeking). Other times the audio seems to drop and it picks right back up after the 2 messages are displayed. It will continue to do this once it starts happening. It may not start doing it for an hour. Other times 15 minutes. It's almost like switching the power off and back on super fast. The lights don't go off, but the boards seem to restart each time.

It's so frustrating because if I have people over it never fails that after it being on it starts to screw up more and more to the point i just need to turn it off.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Thanks!
Bill

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Rowe CD-100C Randomly restarting?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:11:51 am »
see other thread. no need to post twice.