Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovy Mame d3dex9 resolutions  (Read 1179 times)

wichitakid71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:03:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Groovy Mame d3dex9 resolutions
« on: June 06, 2019, 10:56:09 am »
I am in the process of installing groovy mame, CRT emudriver and a new video card in order to take advantage of an arcade cabinet with an existing CRT monitor. It is my preference to do as much work as possible outside the confines of the cabinet using an ordinary LCD monitor. So far I have installed GM and CRT emudriver, but I have yet to generate the mode lines and export them to GM. I’ve tested out flashing the bios of the graphics card too, and it looks like it works, but I haven’t finished that yet either.  I see these two steps as being CRT-dependent steps, and I don’t want to do them until I’m ready to put the computer in the cabinet and leave it there.

Last night as I was editing the mame.ini file, I realized I was using the wrong build of GM (I downloaded .202 because that matches my existing Mame setup).  I used the d3d version, not the d3d9ex version.  I had been able to see GM on my desktop under the d3d version when video was set to auto.  Now that I have installed GM .202 d3d9ex version, I launch GM and get the message that the video mode is not supported.  This is true whether I set video to auto or d3d9ex.  My osd tells me the desktop is putting out a 15 kHz signal.

Is there a way I can run GM in a different resolution so I can keep tweaking it while using my LCD monitor?  Does this mean there is a problem with either my card or drivers?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Scott

wichitakid71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:03:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Groovy Mame d3dex9 resolutions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:46:10 pm »
Figured it out.  Monitor set to generic_15.  Changed to arcade_31 and I can see everything.  False alarm.