Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Genesi Mini (yes again).  (Read 11697 times)

knave

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2023, 03:32:33 pm
Re: Genesi Mini (yes again).
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 12:10:39 am »
There is something called project Lunar that hacks and adds games to the Genisis Mini. Looks easy enough.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2019, 04:20:56 pm »
It's down to $35 folks:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13767542-sega-genesis-mini-console-new-35-at-gamestop-com-free-shipping?page=17#commentsBox

Come on $20...  that's my "well now they are making me buy it" price. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2019, 06:25:13 pm »
I don’t want freaking emulation station or retro arch.  More games to stock UI and emulator or GTFO.

gamepimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 08:56:54 am »
I don’t want freaking emulation station or retro arch.  More games to stock UI and emulator or GTFO.

That would definitely be ideal if it's possible. I'm not sure if the emulator that M2 wrote is general enough that other games can use it or if it only works for the specific ROMs that came with the console?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:24 pm »
I installed Hakchi.  Integrates fairly seamlessly with stock UI.  Added TMNT and using GenGx or whatever to run it.  Runs fine.  Stock emulator can handle most games.

I’ve enjoyed this console a lot.  Wireless controllers would have been awesome.

:cheers:

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 03:21:13 pm »
Glad to hear the stock emulator seems to work on other games. I will have to get mine hacked here soon. Hakchi should make it super simple. My only gripe with this console is that CRT filter looks terrible. A sharper image with scanlines looks way better than the "blurry" look IMO. Wireless controllers would have been a nice touch too. Of course cheaping out and charging way too much has been a hallmark of these mini consoles. LOL! Fortunately I've just been using my 8Bitdo DIY Genesis BT conversion on it with their USB receiver.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:13 pm »
It'd be nice if someone figured out a way to use the wireless AtGames controllers I already have to work with this thing.  Oh well.

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 05:31:38 pm »
It'd be nice if someone figured out a way to use the wireless AtGames controllers I already have to work with this thing.  Oh well.

Yeah, that sux. Those would be perfect for this since they look like legit Sega controllers.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 11:57:22 pm »
Played around with this some more.  With the "overclock" enabled, 32X appears to be working 100% with the Picodrive emulator.

I threw three different USB gamepads at this thing and all of them worked fine with both stock M2 and Retroarch.  Not sure if this is a Hakchi thing or what.  Hori PS4 wired gamepad, Xbox 360 wired gamepad, Playstation Classic wired gamepad - all of them worked fine.  The hold down start for 5 seconds functionality is replaced with press the select button.  The M2 emulator went right into 6 button mode with Mortal Kombat.