Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coffee table and cat fur  (Read 3869 times)

Fly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2019, 11:28:41 pm
Coffee table and cat fur
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »
I made a coffee table MAME machine some years ago and the monitor recently blew out. I'm trying to find one that will fit into the same cutout for it but I'm having difficulty.
I might just remake the whole thing over again with a few improvements like a 2nd joystick for Robotron.
My main concern is the amount of cat fur that got into it! I made a frame for the plexiglass cover, but the fur seems to work its way into the crevices.
Any ideas out there on how to cat fur-proof the screen? Maybe I should try to clear caulk around the edges? Or maybe glue the plexiglass from the underside? It would have to support the weight of a cat since she like to sleep on it because of the warmth. Probably why the darn monitor blew out!

MiteWiseacre

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 02:25:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Coffee table and cat fur
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:20:06 am »
Build a bezel around the top edges then cover the screen with a generous amount of sand  :laugh2:
Or if you need to be able to take the glass off, perhaps weather stripping around the perimeter would do it. If it’s real glass the weight should make a good enough seal.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:27:45 am by MiteWiseacre »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Coffee table and cat fur
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:54:55 am »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:47:26 am by jennifer »