Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS-UAE and Maximus Arcade  (Read 10760 times)

davek1959@gmail.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 12:34:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
FS-UAE and Maximus Arcade
« on: June 03, 2019, 06:40:25 pm »
Dose any one know the command line for FS-UAE. I use it on Other frontends  but do not know what it is on Maximus.

VinceH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
Re: FS-UAE and Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 06:06:10 am »
Hey guys,
Little UP for this post as I'm having the same problem.
I'm running the latest version of FS-UAE (3.0.2) that works perfectly well alone with WHDLoader content. I have created a simple batch file that runs games and this also works just fine but, from my Maximus Arcade Front-end that does not work and returns the attached error message.
I've also attached my (basic) Maximus configuration page for Amiga that should be doing the exact same thing as my batch file.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:36:28 pm »
Options, Misc., Show command string before launch.
If that shows a short name for the executable (which it did in my test), that's where your problem is coming from. You'll have to either rename your executable shorter than 8 characters, or find a front end that supports the 25 year old long-file-names Windows standard properly.

VinceH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am »
Thanks for the reply.
That was a good idea but, unfortunately, that does not help.
The command string is all good and matches my batch file that works fine but it still crashes in Maximus...
I guess I'll have to switch to GameEx Evolution as it seems to be the only frontend that has the same kind of arcade interface as Maximus (I don't like the overloaded interface of Hyperspin and most of other frontend).
Bummer...
Thanks.