Main > News Board

Northcoast Custom Arcades New LED Pixel Marquee

<< < (6/7) > >>

Rockstead:

--- Quote from: Titchgamer on June 09, 2019, 07:24:33 am ---If I could get these at custom sizes at a reasonable price I would be all over them but at 350? No way could I drop that mullah for a marquee.

Its cool and I want one but not that bad heh

--- End quote ---

Agreed, and for $600 you can buy an actual LCD Marquee from Alibaba.

What about the links above and purchasing the LCD Matrix panels directly  from various sellers for a fraction of the price, seems to be identical.

newmanfamilyvlogs:

--- Quote from: Rockstead on June 09, 2019, 09:36:24 am ---What about the links above and purchasing the LCD Matrix panels directly  from various sellers for a fraction of the price, seems to be identical.

--- End quote ---

Hardware might be identical, but there's no software with those. Going from images on a computer to displaying on your raw hardware is not a trivial matter. The biggest draw for this marquee is that it's being positioned as a plug and play upgrade, rather than a hardware/software diy.

Rockstead:

--- Quote from: newmanfamilyvlogs on June 10, 2019, 09:03:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Rockstead on June 09, 2019, 09:36:24 am ---What about the links above and purchasing the LCD Matrix panels directly  from various sellers for a fraction of the price, seems to be identical.

--- End quote ---

Hardware might be identical, but there's no software with those. Going from images on a computer to displaying on your raw hardware is not a trivial matter. The biggest draw for this marquee is that it's being positioned as a plug and play upgrade, rather than a hardware/software diy.

--- End quote ---

HyperMarquee is an add-on for Hyperspin and is used to display Marquees on a secondary screen.

Iím just not sure if it works in this case where the secondary screen is serial.

newmanfamilyvlogs:
Nope, that's just for a secondary monitor in Windows, and with raw panels you're nowhere near that yet. You'd be looking to integrate something like this DVI->LED system:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1453
And by that point, you should have just purchased the actual marquee.

Howard_Casto:
You act like software is the stumbling block here.... it really isn't.  Arduinos can be setup as a serial device via one of the templates and mamehooker can send serial commands as well as do a series of commands via a script.  All that's needed is a piece of middleware to size down images to the appropriate resolution, read each pixel color and write a script to change each pixel.   Sounds a lot more complicated then it is. 

As I mentioned earlier, the real stumbling block is the lack of content.  Some marquees scale well as-is and some don't. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version