Main > News Board

Northcoast Custom Arcades New LED Pixel Marquee

<< < (3/7) > >>

Rockstead:

--- Quote from: Mameroom on May 29, 2019, 08:29:31 am ---
--- Quote from: Rockstead on May 29, 2019, 07:49:12 am ---What about an encasing for stand alone? I want to mount it above my wall mounted TV which is used for a pedestal.

--- End quote ---

That is actually one of the products we will be introducing.  We can make a low profile box from textured ABS that would make a great wall hanging.  If this is something you would like to move forward with, we would design and manufacture the box at no additional charge with marquee purchase.

--- End quote ---

I’m very interested but I’m kind of hesitant to be an early adopter, I want to see how much wider you will make these.

My screen will be in the area of 55”-60”,  and I don’t know how well the current size Marquee will look mounted above it when it’s that much smaller, maybe it will work.

Howard_Casto:
I think they are cool, just not sure how useable they are going to be unless you've made marquee images for most of the games in mame.  I know that with led arrays the low resolution is a necessity, but it means that marquee images simply can't be scaled down and look ok... they've really got to be optimized for that small size.  Logos with transparent backgrounds would probably scale better. 

I'd like to see a company get one of those lcd monitor cutters and offer displays cut at a fee.  That'd probably take care of the different sized marquee issue. 

pbj:
$350 gets you a 50"+ 4k TV these days....

pbj:
$350 gets you a 50"+ 4k TV these days....

Rockstead:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on May 29, 2019, 01:28:53 pm ---I think they are cool, just not sure how useable they are going to be unless you've made marquee images for most of the games in mame.  I know that with led arrays the low resolution is a necessity, but it means that marquee images simply can't be scaled down and look ok... they've really got to be optimized for that small size.  Logos with transparent backgrounds would probably scale better. 

I'd like to see a company get one of those lcd monitor cutters and offer displays cut at a fee.  That'd probably take care of the different sized marquee issue.

--- End quote ---

Mame already has an option to display Marquee on a 2nd screen, you think current Marquee’s would have to be re-worked to use with this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version