Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GGG Night Mission stick as a "regular" stick?  (Read 658 times)

dougdoberman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2019, 11:32:28 pm
  • Woof!
GGG Night Mission stick as a "regular" stick?
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:19:23 pm »
Curious about the viability of a Night Mission stick in place of a "normal" stick in games such as Robotron or Karate Champ.   Anyone have any input? 

I've got some semi-dedicated builds in the works.  It'd sure be nice to play Battlezone and the like on the dual-stick machine without having to resort to a discrete fire button. 

My thought had been to replace only the right stick with a Night Mission, but I'm concerned with the different throws / resistance of the sticks feeling sorta wonky in-game.  Plus, the throw is pretty long.  I'm not any good at Robotron or Battlezone, but I don't want a crappy Karate Champ experience.  :)

Thanks.   
If you can't be a good example at least try to be a horrible reminder.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Re: GGG Night Mission stick as a "regular" stick?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:47:21 pm »
Not a good option if your stick on the left is a super or competition style stick. I've used a Happ Top Fire joystick and it's more comparable. https://na.suzohapp.com/products/joysticks/50-8000-10

One other thing, you mention Robotron and Karate Champ. One is an 8 way and the other is a 4 way game. I don't think Karate Champ likes the diagonal inputs very much. Just something to look out for.