Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sony Crt TV With contrast issues  (Read 823 times)

Foxhole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 04:36:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sony Crt TV With contrast issues
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:52:54 am »
Hi. I have a sony crt tv KV-2540 which seems to exhibit an issue with the white balance when the contrast is raised over 50%.
I have a pc with crtemudriver connected to it via scart rgb (Tried changing cables). The issue is whenever i raise the contrast over 50% the picture starts having artifacts with what appears to be the white balance, meaning the colors seem to flicker, whites tend to flicker to reddish tone. I was thinking this could be an issue with the capacitors maybe? I already had an issue not long ago with a resistor going bad, causing the raster lines to appear regardless of the G2 setting, so it may be just an aging issue.
If this is a capacitors issue, after replacing them, don't i need to adjust the B+? Though i have no idea what the ideal voltage is for B+ and the service manual doesn't seem to have any info about it either.