Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc U-Trak off by 90 degrees  (Read 973 times)

Brett Lonsdale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2020, 11:59:24 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc U-Trak off by 90 degrees
« on: May 10, 2019, 03:31:48 pm »
Evening

Ive set up my U-Trak for the first time and it is off by 90 degrees.

The arrow is pointing to the back of the CP as required

On closer inspection the Y colours were the wrong way round so I changed them to the correct way and it is still off

Any help would be appreciated

Rogue Trooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2021, 03:48:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Ultimarc U-Trak off by 90 degrees
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:37:46 pm »
Yeah, mine was like that too. the information is on the Ultimarc website but it is buried in the installation information for the Optipac setup and not in the information for the U-Trak setup like you'd think.

http://www.ultimarc.com/optipac3.html

This is what it says:

Correcting Reverse Movement.
Depending on the orientation of the trackball the horizontal and vertical movement may be reversed.
If the horizontal and vertical axes are reversed, swap the "X" wire connections with the "Y" connections.
If either of the horizontal or vertical movements are backwards, swap the X1 wire with X2 or swap Y1 with Y2 as appropriate.

Pretty much just have a play with the X and Y connectors till you get it right.

To swap X and Y axis, swap both X and Y jumpers as pairs on the control board.

To reverse left and right directions on a single axis just swap the X1 pin with the X2 pin or swap the Y1 pin with the Y2 pin as appropriate to the relevant axis.

I had to do a combination of both to get mine right. First I got the movement on the X and Y axis correct as they were reversed and then I had to swap the X1 and X2 pins to reverse the horizontal movement.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:49:56 pm by Rogue Trooper »