Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WinIpac v2 Issues w/Ipac Ultimate (saying keyboard only after firmware upgrade)  (Read 2751 times)

rellikfolla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2019, 12:12:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PLEASE HELP!
Hey all, First time posting here.. I really hope somebody can help me with my current issue.. I have built a custom arcade cabinet from scratch and I've run into an issue where I am absolutely stumped..
So I have wired all the joysticks and buttons on my control panel to the ipac ultimate board and I am using the win Ipac software to map everything.
Now, I have upgraded the firmware on the board to 1.39 which is supposed to enable gamepad use but in the top right corner next to my version number it says "keyboard only" which is making me think my problem is something having to do with this.
My problem is that I CAN actually map controls as gamepad controls and the controllers do show up in windows as usable devices.. but most of the controls are not what they should be. I map up down left and right for player one as dpad inputs and they show up in windows game controllers as buttons 11,12,13 and 14.  I am pretty sure they should be showing up as the correct hat position. Also, I mapped the buttons according to the layout of a xbox controller and for some reason a couple of the buttons work as the directional controls..
So anyway, I just don't know exactly where my problem lies.. I have checked my wiring twice and everything seems to be wired fine, the fact that winipac says keyboard only makes me feel like the issue lies there.. can anybody shed some light on where my problem lies or whats goin on with the winipac software?

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
Well, I guess, you upgraded to the firmware version without gamepad support, there are seperate files for firmware with and without gamepad (filename: ..._NOGC)

rellikfolla

• Offline Offline
The website clearly states that any firmware with the 1.3X version WILL have 2 gamepad support.. the 1.4X versions do not. and as I said above, I have upgraded to 1.39.

rellikfolla

• Offline Offline
Here's a screenshot.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:22:05 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
I don't really know anything about this but I saw this on the website.

When changing versions it is necessary after the firmware change to locate the "composite device" under the USB Controllers entry in Device Manager and "Uninstall" this so that Windows can re-detect the new version correctly.

rellikfolla

• Offline Offline
Yeah, I also did that..  Running out of ideas..

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Did you contact Ultimarc? They are good at supporting their products.

rellikfolla

• Offline Offline
I did.. and figured it out!
Apparently they currently have a different version of WinIpac on their site.. it wasn't compatible with my hardware so I was given a new download link from the ultimarc guys.. Hopefully this helps anyone else with the same issue.. Thanks all who tried to help.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
I am glad your problem was solved.

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !