Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Upgrade monitor on arcade1up using stock pcb board

(1/3) > >>

ayalaman:
I plan on building a Pac man arcade1up machine. A friend of mine gave me a arcade1up Pac Man PCB with the stock control board. I plan on using a 19 inch HP LCD monitor I have. My question is , how can I use this monitor with the stock board ? I don't really want to get into a retro pie or anything like that. I did see one person on YouTube take apart the monitor and plug it in directly on the board but, my monitor wont do that. Is there some kind of LVDS to VGA converter that will work ? Thanks For any help ..

Howard_Casto:
I'm no expert on these things, but if an adapter exists it'll probably cost more than the board is worth.  Not worth it imho. 

negative1:

--- Quote from: ayalaman on May 04, 2019, 12:55:06 am ---I plan on building a Pac man arcade1up machine. A friend of mine gave me a arcade1up Pac Man PCB with the stock control board. I plan on using a 19 inch HP LCD monitor I have. My question is , how can I use this monitor with the stock board ? I don't really want to get into a retro pie or anything like that. I did see one person on YouTube take apart the monitor and plug it in directly on the board but, my monitor wont do that. Is there some kind of LVDS to VGA converter that will work ? Thanks For any help ..

--- End quote ---

Don't listen to people that don't know what they're talking about.

Look at the monitor model number on the back of, as there are different types.

Look up the converter on amazon or ebay, should be around $20-$30, done.

Parts, and links for multiple mods:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a5a2fi/arcade1up_modding_parts_list_updated_frequently/

later

Howard_Casto:
And you really think a 1up pcb is worth $20-30?  LOL

Sorry man but I know exactly what I'm talking about.  If I didn't I wouldn't have replied. 

coasterlvr:
you will have to match up lvds wiring.  look up the stock a1up monitor lvds schematic vs the monitor you want to use.  lvds is not standard across lcd monitors.  i looked into it a little bit.  in the end, it just wasn't worth it.

there are some monitors like the 19" lcd sold by holland computers that will plug right in.  but that's not very cost effective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version