Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Date time and led light  (Read 3321 times)

Megarules22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2019, 06:51:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Date time and led light
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:49:55 am »
I have a 2008 Megatouch Force. Why it's an 08 with all stickers inside saying 03 is puzzling. Yes 08 software but why would it not be an 03? So is there a battery I replace so it keep time and date? Also anyone u der stand the led light next to the dollar bill feeder. Lights up green,red yellow etc when booting maching but after that never again.Thanks for the help !!

Dazzzzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 07:21:38 am
Re: Date time and led light
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 08:46:18 am »
hi,

MegaTouch software comes in various versions, each year a new version was released.
Force lasted from 2002 - 2011
You can upgrade or downgrade the software however each version has a unique physical Key which acts as a dongle to allow the software to boot and sets things such as the game region.
So for example if you are running 2003 software you will need a 2003 Key to make it work, you cant run it with earlier or later keys.
You will quite often find machines with older artwork running newer versions of the software.

If your machine is not keeping the date/time you will find a CR2032 battery usually located on the motherboard, these are completely standard batteries you can pick up from anywhere, just replace the one on the motherboard, connect a keyboard, turn on the machine, go into the BIOS, set the date and time correctly, then save your settings and restart your machine, you should then be up and running.

Im afraid im not sure on the dollar bill feeder, maybe someone else can chip in on that one!

Good luck!

Megarules22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:42:03 am »
Great thanks for the help!! As far as the led light its not the dollar bill accepter its to the left of it a round Merit light that changes color but should stay lit green. Only time it works is when booting up. Any ideas from anyone what is causing it to go out and not come back on?? Thanks

Dazzzzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 07:21:38 am
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:57:19 am »
Can you provide a picture of it?

Megarules22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 02:30:46 am »
Every force flat screen has it to the left of dollar bill accepter round circle that's green with merit logo. It can also turn red and yellow. I'll try and upload a pic not sure how..thx

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:41:22 pm »
i think he's talking about this... i'm in canada...none of our megatouch force machines have those lights on them.