Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chadwyk's Ghostbuster's Cabinet  (Read 41623 times)

chadwyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2020, 04:37:49 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160171.0.html
Re: Chadwyk's Ghostbuster's Cabinet
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2019, 11:25:13 am »
Did a test fit to see how the control box fits on the cabinet.  I was worried it would be too low because I am tall, at 6ft6.  It is perfect height for me though. Tonight will sand it, drill holes for cables, etc and hopefully prime it if I have time.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:26:53 am by chadwyk »

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2019, 10:48:07 pm »
I drew first blood tonight. I知 sitting in the ER now. Stupid drill slipped and I was in a rush. The Forster bit rolled across the top of my thumb... yuck. I知 going to take it easy from here on out and I知 taking away my goal of finishing by this weekend.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2019, 12:20:12 am »
This can't be good...How bad is it?

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2019, 01:24:02 am »
Not horrible. It could have been much worse. I probably could have skipped the ER but I panicked when I saw flaps of skin and lots of blood. 3 cuts.

2.5 hours later and only one needed 3 stitches. Glued up the others. Funny thing is I never felt any pain. The needle they used to numb it and push the stitches through hurt more!

I now have a new respect for taking my time and not rushing. That痴 something I did when I started this project but have done less of as I知 nearing the completion.

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2022, 04:11:37 pm
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2019, 10:17:27 am »
Crap, man! Yea, definitely take your time. I found when I started to get tired, better to just call it a day than push myself. The number of mistakes I would end up making wasn't worth trying to get it done faster. Since those mistakes always set me back even more. Hope that thumb heals up soon!

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2019, 10:56:39 pm »
I took the last few days off, but I feel like I'm kind of addicted to working on this thing.

I want to get this thing done before it gets super cold and we get a blizzard.  I need to bring it into my basement through the backyard which will be easier, so I don't want a ton of snow... Luckily I don't live a couple states west because they are getting hit hard this weekend!

Tonight I decided, what the hell... my thumb is *smurfed* up but doesn't mean I can't work on it at all.  I started painting the doors up.

I then have to admit I was kind of timid after my injury... but I picked up that drill again and finished the holes needed in the CP box and mounting panel. The only major holes I have to drill yet are in the mdf and plexiglass for the CP buttons, which I am hoping will go rather smoothly.

Kind of funny... of all the tools to injure me, I didn't think it would be the drill.. I thought when I started, for sure the circular saw would :laugh2:

Tomorrow I'll continue painting up the doors, then I am occupied with my party this weekend, so next week I'll start a new, and figure out how to go about cutting the plexiglass to match the CP. I'm thinking rough jigsaw pattern first, then using flush trim bit. I just hope I don't crack the plexiglass. I will practice first on scrap plexi.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:01:36 pm by chadwyk »

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2019, 11:40:51 pm »
i am still scared of circular saw..not tryna be the next final destination victim out here :dizzy:

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2019, 04:02:11 am »
Kind of funny... of all the tools to injure me, I didn't think it would be the drill.. I thought when I started, for sure the circular saw would :laugh2:

And because you didn't think it would,  it did :)   

As for the plexi make sure you have a fine tooth thin blade, put painters tape along the line you want to cut then cut through the tape. When I did mine I clamped most of it between 2 pieces of mdf to minimise chances of cracking. For the holes I used a drill bit that would normally be used on Tiles to make a starter hole and then the router and pattern bit. 

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2019, 04:43:39 pm »

And because you didn't think it would,  it did :)   

As for the plexi make sure you have a fine tooth thin blade, put painters tape along the line you want to cut then cut through the tape. When I did mine I clamped most of it between 2 pieces of mdf to minimise chances of cracking. For the holes I used a drill bit that would normally be used on Tiles to make a starter hole and then the router and pattern bit.

Thanks for the advice!  Didn't think about using tape on the line.  I did pick up some special plexiglass blades.

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2019, 04:31:02 pm »
My router is the one that scares me the most. Every time I fire that thing up, gripping it with two hands, I start to think about how fast that super sharp blade is turning. Luckily, I don't faint!  :laugh2:

But here's a funny thing...I use the router outside, and for whatever reason attract bees. I don't know how many time now that I've had it going, then had to quickly shut it off, as a bee or yellow jacket buzzes in to sting me! Yesterday, just the noise of the shop vac attracted some bee while I trying to get things setup.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2019, 04:34:45 pm »
But here's a funny thing...I use the router outside, and for whatever reason attract bees. I don't know how many time now that I've had it going, then had to quickly shut it off, as a bee or yellow jacket buzzes in to sting me! Yesterday, just the noise of the shop vac attracted some bee while I trying to get things setup.

That's funny you say that! When I fired up my router last weekend to add the t-molding slots to my CP, a bee was pestering me too, haha  :laugh2:

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2019, 11:02:23 am »
How many cans of spray paint did you go through? Did you spray while it was assembled?

If there is ever a next time, I think I would go spray cans. The roller brush/paint method doesn't seem as durable, and is so hard to get to a smooth finish.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:57 am »
Let's just say it was a lot of cans, and in the end was not cheap. I didn't actually count. If I had to estimate, probably about 8 cans of primer 14 cans of black, and 3 of clear... but I'm still not done with everything... I definitely went through the most of the black. On the last trip, I found that they restocked with taller cans that had a bonus 20% paint in them, which was nice.  Everything got at least a layer of primer depending on how it was absorbing.  Then insides a layer of black, and outsides are getting 3 layers of black, then a couple light layers of clear.

It's obviously not perfect, and I'm sure many in this forum could do better but I'd say it it actually came out pretty good for my first time. :applaud:

I actually blame the wood on some of the imperfections.  After priming, the grain definitely swelled in areas and started to peal up and chipped away in others. Luckily, mostly on the side panels which will be covered with art eventually.

I'm kind of unhappy with the bottom of one side where you can see side to side motion from spraying it, even though I tried going all directions and I did several layers and sanded between layers... Again, not too worried because of the art going over it. 

I painted it fully assembled, except I removed the doors and am currently doing them separate.

I also had problems with the speaker panel, I feel like because it was angled, it wanted to run more.  But overall not too many streaks, and if there were some, I sanded out the ones I could find.

If you plan on using cans, definitely get one of those trigger attachments for the can! I'm glad I did, and even with that I got a blister haha.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:06:08 pm by chadwyk »

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2019, 01:21:48 pm »
Wow, that is quite a few cans!

I do have one of those trigger tops. Pretty nice. I've used it to spray my retainers, door handles, and other items. What did you use for clear? I'm really thinking I should spray something over the top of the acrylic for protection. I keep feeling like if I just look at my cabinet funny, it's going to get another paint scratch.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2019, 03:02:45 pm »
This is the paint I used.

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »
Awesome, thanks! I'm not sure if I can use the clear enamel over acrylic paint, so I'll have to look it up.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2019, 07:08:22 pm »
Today took longer than I壇 hoped. I cut the Plexi for the CP and drilled all the holes.

I wasn稚 sure the best way to cut it. I snapped it into a rectangle. Then using a scrap piece I tried cutting with my jigsaw and Plexi blades.  That was not working and I知 glad i tested it first. It was cracking bad. So next I tried my dremel but that didn稚 really work and melted it. Finally I just took out my router with a flush trim bit and that worked great! Cut it like butter!

Drilling the holes was stressful afraid of cracking it. I did in between a couple buttons but they are small enough I think the button bezels will hide them. I lined it up with my cp after and the holes don稚 all line up. They are close though. I知 unsure how that happened as I clamped them down together and drilled pilot holes through each.

I think I can still make it work by using my dremel and router bit for it and expand a few of the holes. I tried on a test piece.

Most carpentry should now be complete. Going to sand the cp and box down tomorrow and start to paint. I知 unsure if I should route out insets for the trackball and joysticks. That might have to be done too.

Last night I brought the cabinet into my basement. Though it still smells like paint a bit.. not too bad. I mounted the speaker grates, tv, and t-molding. Unsure if I should have waited for that until I get art done, but I wanted to see what it looked like. If I have to remove it to apply art, oh well.

Unfortunately my cat seems to think it痴 some sort of new cat tree!  :laugh2: She better not scratch the paint!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:27:11 pm by chadwyk »

UnclearHermit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 06:42:54 pm
  • Finally started building 2019,est. completion 2036
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2019, 05:30:44 am »

2.5 hours later and only one needed 3 stitches. Glued up the others. Funny thing is I never felt any pain. The needle they used to numb it and push the stitches through hurt more!

This I can sympathise with.  Someone cut my thumb open with a knife (don't ask...) on the side of the knuckle many years ago and there was a reasonable amount of blood but after that I was more fascinated watching the two flaps of my skin move around.  After they forgot about me for a while in the hospital (literally, they left me in a room and forgot I was there until someone asked about me) I had to get two infections into the side of the thumb, right on the bone of the knuckle.  That first injection is still the most intense pain I've ever experienced.  Far worse than the knife cut, and luckily far worse than the second injection.  I guess the first one was kicking in.  After that the stitches were just uncomfortable, but again I actually quite enjoyed watching that get done!  Twenty-odd years later I can still see the scar from the cut and the scars from where three of the stitches were.  I'm not entirely convinced I'd have been worse off overall if I'd just pulled the thing together, stuck a plaster over it and hoped for the best  ;D

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2019, 12:49:48 pm »
Congrats on making it out of the woodworking phase! It can be nerve-wracking at times, that's for sure.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:08 pm »
Yup! Thanks! Feels good to be nearing that milestone. First layers of black went on the cp tonight. Last night I figured out the hinges for the top of the cp. Also painted the marquee brackets.

Today I spent a good deal of time working on art. I think my CP is basically done for art. It hasn稚 changed a whole lot from the original image I posted. I removed the texture on it which makes it look more crisp and I moved the admin buttons around and the spinner. Still debating keeping the images of each of the real ghostbusters for each player. I like the idea but it might just look too cluttered.

I think for the side art, instead of having a big mural, I知 going to go more minimalistic since the side panel isn稚 very wide for much art.

I値l post it once I have it all made.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:01:35 pm by chadwyk »

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2019, 11:02:15 am »
What's the profile look like with your cp on? Looking back at pics, I hadn't realized you didn't have much space on the side. I'm in the same boat, with the design of my cab. I'm still going to try to get some art in there, but it's going to have to fit a skinny triangle.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2019, 11:11:08 am »
I mean it's the same as Chance's, but it's not that great if you want to fit 4 Ghostbusters shooting ghosts or something. I think the majority of the artwork is going to have to live on the bottom half. Kind of like what Pauly did on his Ready Player One build.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146068.0.html?PHPSESSID=5kbjd01l2tnsav3120m47csd92

I look at some of the older retro cabs and the artwork is more centered vertically. Oh well, at least it doesn't take up a ton of space like those larger cabs! Simpler is probably better anyway.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:21:02 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2019, 11:28:48 am »
Oh well, at least it doesn't take up a ton of space like those larger cabs! Simpler is probably better anyway.

With your control panel attached I bet that cab takes up at least as much space as an original cab. Probably more.

What are the dimensions?

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2019, 12:46:49 pm »
 :laugh2:

You are probably right in square footage since it is pretty wide.

The cab alone is 6 foot tall, 32" wide, and 22" deep at the deepest part where the CP rests.

With the CP attached, the whole unit is 32.5" deep.

The CP is 46" wide, 17.5" deep, and 4" tall.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:21:02 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2019, 01:38:44 pm »
Yup. My Konami 4player cab is 27 inches wide and the CP is 37 inches wide.
It is 34 inches deep. With the CP attached it is about 38 inches deep.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2019, 01:44:43 pm »
Well, I've been doing a lot of work in Photoshop the past few days. I think I've come up with a concept that I finally like.  I don't think it is too "busy" and I think it works well.  I removed the button locations on the CP, since they are already drilled, I don't want the final artwork to have the white circles on it, in case the holes don't exactly match up when I apply it.

So, here's what I've been working with.  I would have put Slimer on a side panel, but that was just way too much green.  I'm also going to have a 3d printed slimer as a topper, so I thought it would be redundant and went with Zuul.

Credit on Stay Puft and Zuul goes to the following people I found on DevientArt.  I modified each image, changed the background color and vectorized/colored in Zuul.
https://www.deviantart.com/thuddleston/art/Stay-Puft-Marshmallow-Man-498274272
https://www.deviantart.com/j-wrig/art/Ghostbusters-Terror-Dog-718839459

Just realized most of the greens in the image are outside printer gamut... guess I'll be working on fixing that next.

Here is my latest draft..

Thoughts? Suggestions?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:15:46 pm by chadwyk »

hurricanefan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2020, 10:39:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2019, 06:12:10 pm »
This looks so awesome! 

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2019, 07:33:31 am »
Only criticism would be the size difference between stay puft and zuul hound :) Can you size up the nice little doggy about 30% bringing it more in line with puffy?

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2019, 11:40:02 am »
Will probably look great once printed. Design wise, I would definitely leave off the player avatars on the control panel. Or maybe move them above the controls. They just look too busy to me.

I'd also be tempted to leave off the Ghostbusters logo on the side. It looks a little off to me. Maybe if the logo was up at the top, diagonal, following the lower marquee portion. Or maybe move the logo just above the bottom images.

I agree with Drnick, Zulu should be bigger, too much empty space there.

I'm sure you will be happy with what's there, but some minor tweaks might bump it up a notch.

I'm working on my art right now, and it's been taking quite a bit of time, fiddling every night. But I know I'm going to get to a stage at some point, where I just want to be done! ;)

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2019, 12:02:51 pm »
Thanks everyone for the input. 

The other idea I was thinking of, instead of having the avatars for each player, where it currently says Player 1, Player 2, etc... make little name badges in the font that they use on their uniforms and place them there.

My co-worker actually said the same thing about making Zuul bigger.  My argument is, if I make him much bigger I think his horns might get cut off... Also he is much smaller than stay puft! Stay puft is the size of a building!  :laugh2: But I get your point. 

I did have the Ghostbusters logo originally diagonal and it didn't look right.  I played with it along several different edges.  It just led to too much "empty space".  Also this logo is more in line with the logo from the opening sequence from the movie.

I feel like I could endlessly tweak this thing! I need to call it quits at some point, but I feel I'm almost there!  :applaud:

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2019, 01:13:41 pm »
Oh yea, if you want to keep the size ratio, that makes some sense. But in that case, I think I would add a background graphic behind Zuul. Flames? I'm not sure. Just looked at the DeviantArt pic of Zuul, I think I would keep some of the temple imagery for the background. You could drop the pyramid and flare, but keep the pillars and the square-building(?).

Another idea would be to drop the logo just above the characters on the bottom, and have more slime coming down from the top to cover the empty space.

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2019, 04:41:51 pm »
I did end up making Zuul larger. I think you were all right, it looks better to fill more space.  I left the checkerboard backgrounds though, since not as much background is being shown now.

I fixed up my colors to get them mostly in gamut. I also got rid of the avatars and did what I said earlier, with name patches under each control instead of "Player 1" etc. It's looking much cleaner now.

I talked to Brad (Lucian045) last night for a while and just sent him my art to check everything out before he starts printing it.  He was going to try to do what he can to get some of the greens brighter, as I can't seem to get a good bright green in gamut.  If not, I settled on a darker hue of greens that will work that I think I'm happy with.  Hopefully all will be good!

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2019, 01:04:44 pm »
I'm kind of at a stand still. Since my last post, I have mounted the speakers and fixed the holes in the plexi to match the holes better in the CP, and I have brought the CP int he house to mount it to the cabinet.

It feels sooooo good to be done in the garage with the building phase complete! Now I need to clean/organize the garage!

This arcade looks way bigger with the CP mounted  :laugh2: but it's looking pretty awesome! Pictures to follow after Art is applied.

I'm anxiously awaiting my art to be delivered Monday from Lucian045.  Once that is done, I'll start installing the electronics on my CP and start configuring hyperspin! Slowly getting closer to that finish line. Maybe this weekend I'll fire up Hyperspin and start playing with that, and set up Hyper Marquee.  I'll also start 3d printing the proton packs and guns which I'll mount. Those are probably going to take a week each to finish, but it's one of those things where I set it to print and walk away for 12 hours and hope the print didn't fail when I return, then repeat for the next part. Oh I also need to print a larger Slimer to sit on top. I printed a test one, and it's too small and doesn't look good.

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2019, 12:24:32 pm »
That's funny, reorganizing (my section) of the garage was the first thing I did when I got past the woodworking part too!

I'm still working on the art, been slow going as I've been stuck with a horrible cold. It sounds like it only took a little over a week for Lucian to get the print sent out to you? I've been holding off, because we might be moving and I didn't want to get stuck between addresses. I was figuring it might be a couple months. But if that's not the case, maybe I'll send him something earlier!

Looking forward to some more pics!

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2019, 08:06:44 pm »
Yeah that was about right. Including shipping. I highly recommend going to Lucian. Great experience from the initial email and phone calls for clarifications. He did a great job! I was a bit nervous to see it when I unrolled it tonight but I知 really happy with how it turned out! Now to find time to apply it!  :applaud:

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2019, 08:38:58 am
  • Has gotten saint's attention
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2019, 11:22:28 am »
You have done a fantastic job on this, and other people have pointed out the design flaws, so I will not do the obvious.

However, I would have done this totally differently.

The ghostbusters would have been the left image on the side art, they would have been firing their proton packs, the light beams would have gone across the kick plate and then on the right side, I would have had slimer or one of the other baddies caught in the beam and heading towards the trap.

The kickplate might have had the catchphrase I ain't afraid of no ghost or who are you going to call.

However, please please please do me a favour.

You have gone to all this hard work I am not sure what front end you are going to use for your cabinet, if you are going to use Hyperspin, it is very easy to create a skin for the main menu, and system themes.

I want to see a Ghostbusters front end, I want to hear ghostbusters sounds and not just the stock front end graphics that everyone uses.

People go to all that work, with their artwork and building the cabinet, and then it is just stock Hyperspin and to me it looks awful.

You obviously love ghostbusters, so go the whole hog and create a custom menu system for yourself.

Here is my attempt of doing just that for Space Invaders, but I might go for a Bubble Bobble artwork now, I am in two minds, Space Invaders was literally the first game that I played as an arcade game, bubble bobble has some great fun artwork.

I am not a graphics expert, but Hyperspin is so easy to make your own themes with a little bit of learning.

Regards

Mark

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2019, 12:44:26 pm »
I was a bit nervous to see it when I unrolled it tonight but I知 really happy with how it turned out! Now to find time to apply it!  :applaud:

PICS! PICS! PICS!

And an unrolling video!

PICS!

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2019, 12:57:14 pm »
You have done a fantastic job on this, and other people have pointed out the design flaws, so I will not do the obvious.

However, I would have done this totally differently.

The ghostbusters would have been the left image on the side art, they would have been firing their proton packs, the light beams would have gone across the kick plate and then on the right side, I would have had slimer or one of the other baddies caught in the beam and heading towards the trap.

The kickplate might have had the catchphrase I ain't afraid of no ghost or who are you going to call.

However, please please please do me a favour.

You have gone to all this hard work I am not sure what front end you are going to use for your cabinet, if you are going to use Hyperspin, it is very easy to create a skin for the main menu, and system themes.

I want to see a Ghostbusters front end, I want to hear ghostbusters sounds and not just the stock front end graphics that everyone uses.

People go to all that work, with their artwork and building the cabinet, and then it is just stock Hyperspin and to me it looks awful.

You obviously love ghostbusters, so go the whole hog and create a custom menu system for yourself.

Here is my attempt of doing just that for Space Invaders, but I might go for a Bubble Bobble artwork now, I am in two minds, Space Invaders was literally the first game that I played as an arcade game, bubble bobble has some great fun artwork.

I am not a graphics expert, but Hyperspin is so easy to make your own themes with a little bit of learning.

Regards

Mark

Thanks, for the input! I had originally wanted to do something like that for the art, but I would have hired someone to draw it from scratch and I didn't really want to do that.  I'm pretty happy though with the simplistic artwork..  Though I do like your idea of having the catchphrase on the kickplate.  But since I have the dynamic marquee, I've been thinking up ideas for animations I can play on it Ghostbuster related, and that would be a good one to throw on there.

As for Hyperspin, I already changed the intro movie to the "teaser" for the new movie coming out, but edited out the release date at the end.  I don't even know why it hadn't occurred to me to change the sound effects and other aspects of the front end! I'll definitely have to play with that! But that will probably be the last thing I do to it. 

Last night I 3d modeled a fan shroud for the two back fans.  Because of their placement above the internal shelf, they don't create a flow really to the bottom section so these will help.  Also since the fans have green LEDs, the shrouds will hide the light from shining into the cabinet. That was the first real thing I've modeled myself so far since I got the 3d printer, it was kind of fun.  Each will take 24 hours to print though... yuck.

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2019, 08:38:58 am
  • Has gotten saint's attention
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2019, 01:25:44 pm »
God now you have scared me, I heard ages ago that they was talking about the originals coming back, but thought that was just talk. A July 2020 release date, that is the second movie today that I found out is coming out, the other was sonic the hedgehog, I only found that out by accident due to a looper video.

So two game related movies in one year, going to be the year of cheese me thinks.

Please do not use this as your video intro it is making me want to shoot myself with a proton pack

chadwyk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2019, 01:42:17 pm »
LOL that video is horrible.  :laugh2:

Yeah Sonic looks horrible.  The studio delayed the release based on complaints on how he looked, so they are redoing the CGI for Sonic.

Ghostbusters gives me a little more hope with the originals and the original director's son directing.  I also like Paul Rudd who will be in it, but I'm not happy that the story will focus primarily on children (rumors say Egon's grand kids).