Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TouchTunes help  (Read 3135 times)

Rugbyguy1981

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2019, 12:51:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
TouchTunes help
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:33:30 pm »
I have various touch tunes hard drives and a megatouch machine do I need a security key to use touch tunes software every time I load it gives me an error and no load at all any help would be great full

alrolon800

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2019, 07:47:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: TouchTunes help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
I have a touchtunes jukebox and found they are completely proprietary. I am gonna try and install my own computer and amp, continue to use the touch screen and bose speakers and install a jukebox program and use my extensive collection of mp3's and music videos. if you find anything more let me know.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:14:24 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: TouchTunes help
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:35:24 am »
touchtunes is completely locked down and must constantly be able authenticate with their main server to operate or it will disable itself.

the hard drive boot sequence includes a security key check which checks for the jukebox ID number stored on the key and then uses that key data to unlock and decrypt the main partition of the hard drive. once that passes and starts loading, the jukebox software checks the current time and date against when the last authentication with the server was. if it's been more than 5 days and it cannot contact the server still, it will display an error (machine will disable itself in XX days contact operator) but this message can be dismissed and the jukebox will still operate in a limited mode. if it's been more than 30 days, it will lock itself until it can authenticate. (machine disabled call operator)

any messing with the system time in reverse (trying to roll back the date) will result in immediate lockdown of the system.

if there is no security key, the boot sequence will fail because there is no key to unlock the main partition with. installing a security key that is not that harddrive's key will result in the system having to re-authenticate the key with touchtunes server and then re-encrypt the drive for the new key. not an issue if you have an account with thouchtunes, that key is assigned to your account, the key is still good, (hasn't been disabled or blacklisted).

as you see, touchtunes does not want joe schmoe operating an old jukebox with their software.

like mentioned here by alrolon800, best just load your own OS on a computer and use your own music.