Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DDR Machine not keeping resolution  (Read 1251 times)

ThePirateSheep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 05:39:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
DDR Machine not keeping resolution
« on: May 16, 2019, 07:30:22 pm »
Hey all,

I have a Dance Dance Revolution machine that is currently hooked up to a Windows 10 machine to run OpenITG.  I used CRT Emudriver (Crimson 16.2.1) to install the correct drivers on my Radeon 5450, used VMMaker to generate the correct modes (640x480, V 59.981 Hz, H 15.685 kHz), and use arcade_osd to choose the correct mode for the monitor.

To do this, however, the process is kinda convoluted.  I have to hook up a standard PC monitor via VGA to the computer, run VMMaker, generate the modes, run arcade_osd, choose the 640x480 15kHz mode, then unplug the PC monitor and hook up the DDR monitor, confirm the mode, (attach OSD to the current monitor) and after that everything works fine.  But I have to do this EVERY TIME I power down the computer/DDR machine, its like it refuses to save the options/preferences every time I shut down.

Is there some step I'm missing so that I can just leave the DDR machine hooked up directly to the Win10 machine?

Thanks