Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 38-g07-904-00  (Read 1984 times)

jamie.st

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2019, 02:33:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
38-g07-904-00
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:17:51 pm »
Hi im new to the forums. i picked up a older 1942 game cabinet from my father in law. The screen wasnt working when i picked it up. Was able to just change the control dials on the monitor to get it working. We used it for a couple days and the screen went back and there is no neck glow. I see on the video control board that there is some burns and a few of the small devices are burnt up. do they sell replacement boards for these older machines or do you have to try and fix the burnt part or do you have to change out the monitor and control board to something different. Thanks for any information
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:13:57 pm by jamie.st »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:45:08 am
Re: 38-g07-904-00
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:00:21 am »
its an electrohome g07
the parts you think are burnt are unlikely to be faulty, search for g07 flowchart and use that to help identify the faults
in general these chassis need a full cap kit, flyback and width coil- if fuse f901 is blown then you will need to replace X01 as well as the fuse

these are pretty easy to repair

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:13 pm »
Yup, you've got a conventional Electrohome G07 monitor. That blackening is normal, but I see your chassis has original capacitors and probably has an original flyback. Your width coil has fallen apart from age and needs to be replaced.

jamie.st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »
Thanks for input guys. I have ordered some parts and now the waiting game. First arcade repair so should be fun. I tested the parts that were burnt looking and they do test fine. I’ll keep the post updated once I have replaced the parts.

jamie.st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 10:42:13 am »
Hey everyone. So I received my parts for the board. Was fun learning how to solder and change everything out. I swapped the fly back, HOT, b capacitor and a cap kit as well as the sync mod upgrade. When I first powered everything on I had a screen but it was all funky looking with white diagonal lines on it. Read through some things and realized I had to turn the pots on the fly back to get the screen to come together. Did some tinkering with the other pots and the game is back to life now. Thanks for everyone’s help in pointing me in the right direction. Hopefully everything else in the game holds together and this is the last fix for awhile. Is it better to leave the game on all the time or is it safe to just plug and unplug as needed when we play?

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:45:08 am
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:25:31 pm »
power the machine when you want to play it, as long as the environment its kept in is dry and not cold then just power it on once a week for a few hours
don't leave it on all the time

jamie.st

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:43:42 pm »
Ok and if it is left in a finished basement that is colder than the rest of the house what should i do?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 10:02:32 pm »
can confirm, replace flyback. just had g07 come in on friday in a pretty sorry looking ms pacman cocktail cabinet.

blown f901, tranny tested okay... just replaced the fuse since it was like barely broken (thought it might have been vibration damaged)... replaced fuse.... flyback blew up with great gusto. bang like a .22 fired off in the shop... core pieces flew 20 feet away... top inch of the flyback cracked and blew off ...windings flying out every which way, sparks and copious amounts of magic smoke.  :laugh2: good times.

luckily new replacements are like 30 bucks. not sure if the owner is going to fix it or just toss it. find out tomorrow i guess.