Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control Panel Questions  (Read 1118 times)

DetroitKP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2019, 04:35:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Control Panel Questions
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:18:07 am »
Hi.  Working on my first cab and have a few questions about the control panel.

- The panel is a two player with six buttons each.  When determining where to space the controls, should the distance between the left edge of the panel and the left stick equal the distance from the right edge of the panel and the right most button?   Or do you measure from the center of the panel - and make sure the distance from the center to the right stick is the same as the distance from the left edge of the panel to the left stick?   Sorry if this is a dumb question. 

- I plan to have three admin buttons: Exit, Pause, and Select.  I’m thinking the Select button will be to select games in the game menu.  I realize one of the player control buttons already does this, but I want to make it easy for kids and folks playing when I’m not there.  Is this a bad idea?

- Any tips on how to attach the iPac4 to the interior of the panel?  Small screws?

Thanks!

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: Control Panel Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:48:12 am »

- I plan to have three admin buttons: Exit, Pause, and Select.  I’m thinking the Select button will be to select games in the game menu.  I realize one of the player control buttons already does this, but I want to make it easy for kids and folks playing when I’m not there.  Is this a bad idea?

Just use 1p Start to select games. No one has been confused by this on my cabs before.

MartyKong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2024, 05:09:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Control Panel Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 11:09:57 am »
I spaced my left panel/joystick space and right button/edge about the same. My trackball is centered. Do a cardboard mockup first to see if that's what you want.
I have dedicated exit and pause buttons. You can buy vinyl button decals (Exit, Pause...) From Slammedniss to make it easy for guests.